Start by marking “Scattered Graves (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #6)” as Want to Read:
Scattered Graves (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #6)

Scattered Graves (Diane Fallon #6)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  658 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Local politics get nasty when a new mayor is elected and Diane Fallon is replaced with an incompetent crony as head of the crime lab. But just as she's adjusting to life without murder, the newly appointed chief of police and the mayor are shot dead. Back on the job, Diane sees, but can't quite believe, the evidence damning the former chief of detectives as the shooter. So ...more
Published February 3rd 2009 by Signet (first published February 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Scattered Graves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scattered Graves

Bigd_041555
May 22, 2015 Bigd_041555 rated it it was amazing
This book had me right from the start. Nothing I dislike more than a bad cop is a whole bunch of bad cops and a very dirty politician! Diane Fallon (forensic anthropologist and main character in the series) is stripped of one of her titles, that of Director of the Crime Lab which has its home in the Natural Museum. The "bad guys" have limited diplomacy skills and limited knowledge of why and how the Crime Lab is situated where it is. This book deals with cyber crimes and murder - great combo for ...more
Elvan
Jul 08, 2015 Elvan rated it really liked it
Another fun read. I did a double take when Diane was no longer in charge of the crime lab. Thought I had missed a book in the series. Nope, just a whole lot of bad cops and politicians. It's one of those who do you trust frustrating reads, but in a good way.
Susan
Apr 30, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
In Rosewood, Georgia, forensic anthropologist Diane Fallon still runs the River Trail Museum of Natural History. However, she has been fired as director of the crime lab by the town’s new mayor, who is so nasty that you know he will sooner or later get his comeuppance. One of the town cops has also attempted to murder her, a fate she escaped due to her climbing skills. The action is fairly fast paced and the plot not too outlandish. The backstory of the museum’s acquisition of a Neanderthal skel ...more
Denise
Jun 08, 2010 Denise rated it liked it
Interesting forensic series..., January 25, 2010
This sixth in the series is another entertaining and educational read. The author, pedigreed herself, has written a character who is smart and spunky. Diane Fallon is the director of a museum of natural history (RiverTrail) and also heads another division housed in the same large building - a crime lab that has everything from an osteology laboratory (her own specialty) to DNA analysis. In addition to being an expert in many of the forensic scien
Gail
Sep 10, 2009 Gail rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Diane Fallon is a museum director and until the most recent election in her Georgia town, the director of the crime lab. The newly elected police chief and mayor appointed all their cronies to key law enforcement positions in the town including the crime lab. Revelling in her new found time, Diane is adjusting. Suddenly she is attacked by a cop with a grudge resulting in a suspenseful nailbiting chase the ended with his death.

This set forth a chain of events that endangered her and exposed corru
Terri
May 15, 2015 Terri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Diane Fallon has written an exciting series about a forensic anthropologist who runs a natural history museum and a crime lab. The characters are well-thought out and grow through the series from what they experience, which is a very important point for me. The mysteries are great; it's fun to learn about forensic anthropology. The plot keeps you going and it's hard to put down once you pick it up!
Denise
Sep 03, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
This has been a great read. Lots of action. Every chapter has something happen. The best part is that the story is really interesting. It weaves along then comes out with a great ending. I'm adding Connor's to my "must read" list.
Gigi
Jan 16, 2015 Gigi rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series, although I tend to skip over some gruesome descriptions. I like the character development and I enjoy the strength and complexity of the main character. Having started the author's Lindsey Chamberlain series, I can say that the Diane Fallon series is the better of the two!
Marti
Dec 24, 2012 Marti rated it liked it
I have not read a Diane Fallon series book before. It was fairly good. There is a lot of confrontation, as she does her job, and contends with people who want to crowd her out of it, and the space where her office and lab are located. She has a 'boy friend,' Frank, who is helpful to her in her job, and is teaching her to play the piano. A whole bunch of people get killed, including the person whose bones are found buried after being cut up in a wood chopper. Computers play an important role in t ...more
CindyLulu
Dec 27, 2009 CindyLulu rated it really liked it
I have read all of Beverly Connor's "Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation Series". I have never been disappointed in her forensic writing; her plot development; her scientific analysis; her character development is amazing. You can pick her fourth book and know about the characters that have a recurring presence in her series. I was fortunate to have started with her first book: “One Grave Too Many” and went in order of the writings. Each book in the series will let you know about her character’s ...more
Daniele
Jul 25, 2011 Daniele rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series. I find Connor's Fallon character complex, and the forensic and archeological details accurate and interesting. I place Connor right up there with Tess Gerritsen, early Patricia Cornwell, and Kathy Reichs. All of these author's heroines seem to come with a lot of baggage, and Fallon is no exception. However, I find that Fallon becomes much less distraught and more "healthy" as the series progresses. I enjoy the supporting characters, as well, and feel that if they were ...more
Anne
Aug 03, 2015 Anne rated it it was amazing
Excellent!! I am so enjoying this series!!!!
Mary
Mar 17, 2015 Mary rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-fiction-read
Not quite as compelling as the others.
Nicole
Aug 23, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I'm broken about what to say. It was very different than all the others, in a way i did not like it; but it was still the same. But in the end, it was very much a Diane Fallon book, and the diversity within this book compared to the others, just makes it that much more enticing. The outcome was disheartening, but i'm glad Prehoda is on the case. The last paragraph was an excellent way to rejuvenate the audience, i loved it.
Scott Preece
Aug 26, 2009 Scott Preece rated it it was ok
I generally haven't liked the Diane Fallon books as much as I did the Lindsay Chamberlain books. This fell into some of Connor's worse habits - too great a tendency for the bad guys to be part of complex conspiracies around the local government, and too many technology mistakes. I like the characters well enough to stay with them even when the plot is irritating, but I wouldn't recommend this one to a newcomer.
Samantha
May 16, 2013 Samantha rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
My heart sank when Diane was again fighting for her life within a few pages of the book starting she seems to do that a lot. The book is structured in short chapters and the story moves at a fast clip so no time to be bored. I am not such a fan of this story as it stretched my credibility although I did like the gang coming together and Izzy joining the team.
Phillipa
Oct 28, 2014 Phillipa rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-mystery
Ah, yes, another Diane Fallon. I liked this one too (they seem to be improving after a bit of a lull after the first book). It feels like they're getting better ... although there is still (predictably) someone out to specifically get her (which is getting a little tiresome for me). But I enjoy all the characters so will continue with the series :)
Andrea
Sep 01, 2015 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good. Some of the separate threads were a little too convenient to all come together the way that they did, but still, it's believable. I also really like that when Diane gets in trouble, it's logical and not like Tempe Brennon, her doing something very bone-headed and out of character.
Digitaldolf
Jan 19, 2013 Digitaldolf rated it really liked it
Another page turner from Beverly Connor. Diane Fallon and her team really grow on you. And no matter what happens, they always seem to come out of it stronger, which is nice. All the books so far, this one included, leave you with an upbeat feeling because of the great team spirit in them.
April
Apr 21, 2011 April rated it it was amazing
I did not see the twist coming in this one at all. I also didn't realize until the end of this book that the author used to be a forensic anthropologist. I think her previous profession adds a lot to the realism of these novels. I am so glad I discovered this series!
Debbie
Nov 05, 2015 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I really enjoy all the Diane Fallon books, but I think this one is my favorite. The story really hooked me and I found myself finding as many minutes as I could to read more. All done now and I loved the last page. A great "Gotcha" ending.
Ellen
Jun 15, 2011 Ellen rated it liked it
I have been reading the Diane Fallon books one after another, and they seem to have a common theme of bad government/police department. I was still unable to put this one down and am on to the next one.
Leslie Angel
May 11, 2009 Leslie Angel rated it liked it
a 3.5. A dependable series. forensic/museum/crime scene director. I like the Lindsey Chamberlain series better--there's supposed to be a new one this year--but this one is good too.
Judy
Mar 17, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the only Diane Fallon book that I've read and I really enjoyed it. Lots of action and a good plot that slowly unravels and answers all the questions at the end.
Linda
Mar 06, 2013 Linda rated it liked it
Really enjoying this series and I think this might be my favourite so far, but I have to wonder how many more attempted murders Diane can survive.
D.M.
Oct 08, 2014 D.M. rated it really liked it
Another page turner from Beverly Connor. I love this series. Diane Fallon and her team come part of your family, there is so much to connect with.
Kathy
I really like these mysteries and forensic books.. I love a good murder and trying to figure out who done it...Great author and great characters....
David
Mar 22, 2012 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Enjoyed but the books are getting a bit repetitive, always corrupt government officials or police.
Elisabeth
Feb 13, 2011 Elisabeth rated it it was amazing
this may be my favorite in the series. it was hard to put down.
Brenda Kirton
  • More Bitter than Death (An Emma Fielding Mystery #5)
  • Trace Evidence
  • Body Trace
  • Better To Rest (Liam Campbell #4)
  • Skeleton Justice (Jake Rosen & Manny Manfreda  #2)
  • Body Count (Sophie Anderson,  #1)
  • The Bone Thief (Body Farm, #5)
  • The Tunnels (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #1)
  • The Burnt Orange Sunrise (Berger and Mitry, #4)
  • Death, Snow, and Mistletoe (Tori Miracle, #4)
  • Bone Appetit (Sarah Booth Delaney, #10)
  • A Killing Sky (Frank Pavlicek Mysteries, #2)
  • Dead Dry (Em Hansen Mystery, #10)
  • Death Takes a Honeymoon (Carnegie Kincaid, #4)
  • Mourn The Living
  • Bantam of the Opera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #5)
I'm Beverly Connor and I love archaeology. I worked in Georgia and South Carolina as an archaeologist doing both fieldwork and analyzing artifacts. I also love mysteries. I combined these two loves and now write mysteries in which I weave my professional experience as an archaeologist into stories of murder and intrigue in both my Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation series and Lindsay Chamberlain ...more
More about Beverly Connor...

Diane Fallon (9 books)
  • One Grave Too Many (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #1)
  • Dead Guilty (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #2)
  • Dead Secret (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #3)
  • Dead Past (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #4)
  • Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #5)
  • Dust to Dust (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #7)
  • The Night Killer (Diane Fallon, #8)
  • One Grave Less (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #9)

“So, was the crime lab a reward for almost being killed?'
'No, it was a reward for not being Bryce,”
2 likes