Start by marking “Western Landscaping Book: Companion to the Best-Selling Western Garden Book” as Want to Read:
Western Landscaping Book: Companion to the Best-Selling Western Garden Book

Western Landscaping Book: Companion to the Best-Selling Western Garden Book

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This all-new second edition, the companion book to the much-beloved Western Garden Book, promises to be just as successful as the first. Packed with expert advice from landscape designers, gardeners, and others, it addresses climatic, soil, and topographical challengesand solutions for Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washing ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Oxmoor House (first published January 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Western Landscaping Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Western Landscaping Book

Emily
I was reading this book and told my husband I didn't like it. He said "Well yes, because nothing in there is real"

I agree. I guess I just wanted some ideas to do in a normal backyard, practical application type things. Because let's face it - If I had the backyard space and money to do things like in this book, I would *skip* the book and just hire a landscaper.
PoligirlReads
Pretty pictures, that's about it. There are better books out there that offer not only pretty, inspirational pictures, but a lot of actual advice on landscaping as well. It's not a bad book, it's just not particularly useful.
Sue Russell
Gloriously inspirational photographs and great ideas to steal. Unfortunately, xeriscaping is harder than it looks. Perhaps it's just me. But some wonderful successes too. I'd buy it just for the photographs.
Nikki
Most of the book is full of impractical and too expensive ideas, but there are several great ideas if you know what to look for.
Po
My go-to book at work when I need design inspiration.
Doug
Doug added it
Sep 06, 2014
Alison
Alison added it
Jul 24, 2014
Lila
Lila marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Marge
Marge marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Eva Noihpoísůgeoů
Eva Noihpoísůgeoů marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Andressa Marlan
Andressa Marlan marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Bếp Miu
Bếp Miu marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Western Garden Book: More than 8,000 Plants - The Right Plants for Your Climate - Tips from Western Garden Experts The New Western Garden Book: The Ultimate Gardening Guide National Garden Book: For the US and Canada Western Garden Book, 2001 Edition Gardening in the Northwest