Start by marking “Blind Promises” as Want to Read:
Blind Promises

Blind Promises

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  742 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Private duty nurse Dana Steele is determined to break down the self-imposed barrier that Gannon van der Vere has put up around his heart after a tragic accident left him blind. Gannon has allowed himself to wallow in self-pity and guilt and, in the process, has become blinded to all the goodness and love in the world. Dana may not be able to restore his eyesight, but can s ...more
Published May 1st 1999 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Promises

Lawless by Diana PalmerHeartless by Diana PalmerCallaghan's Bride by Diana PalmerHeartbreaker by Diana PalmerLord of the Desert by Diana Palmer
Favorite Diana Palmer Books
32nd out of 59 books — 56 voters
Yours Until Dawn by Teresa MedeirosDark Lover by J.R. WardScarred Horizon by Jackie WilliamsDance with the Devil by Sherrilyn KenyonEntwined by Emma Jensen
Blind Heroes/Heroines In Romance
106th out of 202 books — 158 voters

More lists with this book...

Sheila Melo
Sweet Romance

THE STORY: Dana Steele agrees to take the position as a private nurse after the death of her mother in an accident turns her world upside down. Her patient, Gannon van der Vere has run off four other nurses and is not dealing with his blindness well. Determined to make him deal with his condition, Dana refuses to be run off by Gannon's bad temper.

OPINION: This is a very sweet romance with some nice angst thrown in but no sex scenes. Gannon and Dana's relationship in the beginning ha
Barbara
Good god, this book is bad. If it were a movie, the Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew would be all over it. Here is some sample dialogue from the female protagonist, Dana Steele, who has been nursing the recently blinded millionaire Gannon van der Vere, back to relative health: “Don’t you even know that I only go through the motions of living without you?” It reminded me of the “Hold me again, like you did at the lake on Naboo” scene in which everyone suddenly realized that George Lucas is incap ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
after reading for the second time, i changed my mind and gave this book a 5 star rate!
this book keep reminding us of how great God is and His love for us all..

sangat ingin tahu darimana DP terinspirasi untuk buku yang satu ini, karena begitu berbeda dengan buku2nya yg lain. ada sisi religiusnya, belum lagi ketulusan hati yang sangat menyentuh dan membuat mata pembaca berkaca2 dan menangis.

sewaktu pertama kali membaca buku ini sama sekali tidak memahami kenapa jalan ceritanya harus demikian, kena
The UHQ Nasanta
2 - 2.5 stars

This...was an unusual romance read for me. From the first pages, I had a feeling that this had been written some years back. This feeling continued throughout the book until I finally got home and managed to look up the publication year - 1984. Ah!

What struck me first was the somewhat old-fashioned nursing protocols: addressing a nurse as "Nurse", starched nurses's uniform and cap, "Doctor's orders"? And then there was 24-year-old Miss Dana Steele. On the one hand, I thought I ought
Julie C-f
2.5

I don't know why I keep reading DP books even if I know I would probably be disappointed with the main male character who usually is a very difficult person and the main female character as someone a bit weak but has it in her to fight back.

I like Dana but she seemed to lose her level-headedness with Gannon who seemed to not care about her even if she did more than being a nurse for him.
Amanda Sheila
I loved it!

It's been a while since I read Diana Palmer's book and this one's quite my favorite. Dana is adorable, strong-willed and stubborn—thank god, so she didn't cower under Gannon's mistreat. But Gannon on the other hand, is annoying. I really want to slap him hard!

But overall I enjoyed this book can't wait to read another Diana Palmer's book! :)
Kaycee Sapinoso
It was pretty good. I liked it. And as a nurse, I was kinda hoping to find someone like Gannon for myself. Lol. All in all, Blind Promises was a sweet and heartwarming romance with a little amount of angst that kept the book more interesting.
Jo
Sep 16, 2009 Jo added it
Garet Cambridge/Kathryn Summers-he was a local "rich" business man she was helping her friend write a book at her friends beach house till the freind was called away but Kathryn stayed to finish the note for the book and one night she took the boat out and driving it to fast she hit "someone" and it turned out to be Garet because he was hunt and bleeding she took him to the shore and called for help.....and a few days later she met him on the beach and he told her that he was blinded by a boat a ...more
Lilly Verdzco
lovely , "nurse and the beast. story of self sacrificing for the sanity and love of the love one.
Spinneretta
An enjoyable older Diana Palmer.
Ann Keller
May 18, 2010 Ann Keller rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Diana Palmer fans
Shelves: romance
Still guilt-ridden by her mother’s death, Dana Steele, RN, takes on a new challenge. Dutchman Gannon van der Vere was temporarily blinded in a boating accident and retreated into a cold, dark world, devoid of human contact. Dana attempts to make him see both himself and everyone around him in a whole new light. Slowly, Dana falls in love with her patient, but will Gannon still care for her if he regains his sight? In this novel, it’s difficult to say who was more touched by love.
Miss Berry_KristenAshley Addict
It's a sweet read - kind of old school Romance. My biggest criticism would be the bible thumping that is woven throughout it (I don't read romance to get a Sunday school lesson) and that the female character doesn't seem to know herself - though given how young she is I suppose that may have been deliberate. Still - it was good enough that I didn't want to put it down! My second read by this author.
Tonya Warner
Dana is a nurse dealing with both the divorce of her parents and her mother's subsequent death which left her scarred inside and out. She leaves the hospital behind and attempts to deal with newly blinded Gannon. A large, athletic man who has extreme difficulties dealing with the devastating results of a tragic boating accident.

A really good story.
Tia
Despite the whole religion aspect in the novel, I was pretty delighted with reading this book. I did love the heroine, she was quirky and wonderful. She had amazing foresight was funny and down to earth. The hero was a bit of a grump but once the ending was near, we find out why completely and it made the story all the more enjoyable.
dian_yachan
Terharuuu baca ceritanya smp nangis. G ngebayangin rasanya jd Gannon yg selalu berkuasa lalu menjadi buta, pasti beban yg sangat berat bagi dia. Untung ad Dana yg selalu sabar menghadapi Gannon dan pada saat Gannon mulai luluh dengan perhatian Dana membuat gw menitikkan air mata. Untung happy end, kirain Gannon bakal buta selamanya :p
Tawnie
This was a slightly Christian, Betty Neels-esque novel. The main character was a nurse sent to live in with a blind, tall Dutchman. Fairly stereotypical but I was fairly sure what I was getting into when I started reading the book. Just surprised by the Christian bit, never knew that Diana Palmer once wrote Christian fiction.
AmandaPutri
Beli ini udah lama banget (bukunya juga dah kurang ok bentuknya karna banjir) tapi suka deh sama buku ini.

Salut sama Dana yang berusaha profesional walaupun dia sendiri sedang bermasalah dalam keluarganya.

Ga kebayang rasanya jadi Gannon yang menjadi buta padahal selama ini aktif n dipuja banget sama wanita.
Pam H
Mar 18, 2015 Pam H rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: k, rich, nope, z2014
Given that this was written in the 80's it still was a little rough. Dana was a spunky character and I did like her refusal to be bullied by the blind rich man but the means in which he sent her away was weak.
Dani Moore
Christian "trashy" romance novel (talk about an oxymoron!)about an Uber-Jet set guy who goes blind and the nurse falls in love with him even though he's a jerk! All ends well of course.
Deasy
The story remind me that sometimes I think I know the best for people who I love most, but forget that what we think the best, only hurt that person indeed.....
Jeanne
Nice old-fashioned romance. Nothing particularly original, nurse brings gruff injured guy back to himself and they fall in love.
Milessa
A really good book. It didn't have any steamy love scenes, but I don't guess every book has to have those kind of scenes.
Natalie
For a Christian novel, I was very disappointed in the lack of Christianity. For a romance, it was ok.
Janette Bergen
Very old style romance. Didn't mind it but really not my type of reading. She was so prudish.
nurmawati

duluuuuu banget pernah baca...tapi lupa lagi...
nanti mau baca ulang kalo senggang....
Ozzy Ross
Starnya tambah dikit karena tokohnya masih berkarakter....dan alurnya lumayan bagus....
Brandy
This was a SWEET STORY! Sort of a Beauty & the Beast. Only he's blind. Not a beast
Erotic Horizon
Blind Promises (Steeple Hill Women's Fiction #60) by Diana Palmer (2008)
Desiree
Short, simple and sweet. Good for a quick, easy and good feeling read.
Yun Merripen
satu lagi hero DP yg minta di getok...suka ending ny pas mohon2 maap...
  • Love's Legacy
  • Cassandra by Chance
  • The Unexpected Millionaire (The Million Dollar Catch #2)
  • Where Heaven Begins
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)
  • The Bounty Hunter's Bride
  • Marco's Convenient Wife
  • Wild Rose (Wild Rose Series #1)
  • The Sweetest Gift (The McKaslin Clan, Series 1, #2)
  • Finding Hope
  • Courting Emma (Little Hickman Creek #3)
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • The Power of the Legendary Greek

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)