Start by marking “Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends: How to Fight the Good Fight at Home” as Want to Read:
Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends: How to Fight the Good Fight at Home

Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends: How to Fight the Good Fight at Home

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  393 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Brothers and sisters are among the most important people in life! Yet often they are also the most trouble. Many siblings fight, argue and miss out on the close relationship that God intends. The problem is not just the surface battles but the underlying attitudes, wrong concepts and offenses. Many broken relationships never get fixed. Few enjoy the special life-long treas ...more
Published May 30th 2007 by Tomorrow's Forefathers Inc (first published September 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends

Leah Good
My family often receives comments on how well my brother and I get along. Since we are in our mid and late teen years, we find that amusing. At this age we should be able to get along. The sad things is, kids aren’t expected to get along anymore. My brother and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember (sure, we’ve had our spats, but they never lasted long), but this book made me more purposeful about trying to strengthen our friendship. Since strangers often notice how well we like ...more
Rachel
This is written by kids and for kids, not something I knew when I started reading it. It was ok for me to read, but I think it would be ideal to have them read to themselves or for all of us to read as a family when they are a bit older.
Kara
This book gives practical, Christ centered advice on strengthening sibling relationships, and it's quite entertaining as well! My children and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it together!
Emily
This was a great book! It was well written, and the advise was really amazing! I am really excited to put this book into action! :D
This was good, simply written, and practical. The only section of the chapters that I just didn't get was the self-examination quiz. If you just think of it as something funny to read, it's fine, but I don't really think that is helps you know how you are improving. Mostly I just took this as a reminder that being best friends is really possible. Some of the ideas in the book were really good. I thought ATTACH was too formal, but I plan on doing some more activities with my siblings.
michelle
Love this book! Read it with kids, very encouraging!
Rachel
I really enjoyed this book. While I don't envision the future of our family as harp-wielding prophets for Christ, I think they had a lot of good ideas for siblings and families, starting with praise. I'm going to have my kids say one good thing about each other in the morning and at night. They can ask for prayers over something they're struggling with too. Easy to read. Good message.
Abigail Rasmussen
This book is a good book to use as a devotional with kids. There are plenty of discussion starter questions to keep you talking around the breakfast or dinner table a long time.

The book is geared more for older kids, around 8-10 through the teenage years. The advice from three sibling young adults is practical as well as their own life examples and stories were encouraging.

Jaymie Starr
Great book for helping siblings see the treasure they have in each other. Ours enjoyed actually reading different parts & felt like they could really relate to the sibling authors! We have always told our kids that their siblings will always be their best friends no matter what may happen in life. This book encourages that & so much more positive in the sibling relationship.
Bobbie
May 23, 2012 Bobbie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
This book is a really fun read for parents of tweens and young children that are having problems with sibling rivalry. It's been years since I read it, but I think there are some sections that may be beneficial to older siblings as well. I remember that it highly amused me and I actually read all of it when my mother handed it to me.
Andrea
We lost our momentum reading this book. Everything in it was good, maybe a little too good. Our kids seemed to think some of the suggestions were beyond their possible realm. I loved how it all tied back to being a good Christian. If we can serve others joyfully, we should be able to serve our own family joyfully.
Audrey
This is a good book. My children are to young to use it right now but we will go through it together when they are a bit older. It provides many insights and good advice. I wish it had been available when I was living at home with my siblings.
Shiloah
An excellent book jam-packed full of wisdom written for kids to learn from, stories, many of which were humorous, ideas to adapt in the family, and positive role models to emulate--the Mally kids. We read this aloud as a family and it was a hit.
Eyebright
Mar 26, 2008 Eyebright rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who has trouble getting along with their siblings
I love this book! The first time I read it, I just read through it quickly, but now I am going to read it again, carefully.

If you are having problems getting along with your brothers and sisters, I higly recommend this book!
Rebecca Rash
Everyone down to our 8 year old has read and enjoyed this book! Practical, great advice for getting along with siblings, with plenty of humor to keep it a light read - yet one that will impact your family.
HannahBeth
Nov 07, 2007 HannahBeth rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone!!
This is an excellent book for siblings, and I plan on reading it at least once a year to keep the ideas fresh in my mind! :) I'm reading it right now for the second time...
Sarah Jane
I was reading this book aloud to my family, but haven't done it in a while, I should get back to it... But as far as we have gotten it is really good! :-)
Brandie
Dec 19, 2010 Brandie is currently reading it
Great book. Written by kids for kids. Justice said, "The oldest one seems to know what's going on in my head." I highly recommend it.
Beckarado
Written by three siblings (below 15 years old). Very spiritually based (which isn't a bad thing, just different than my spiritual base)
Elie
Fun read. Good for older child/preteen
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:14
Catherine
The girls and I finally finished this book after reading 2-3 pages each morning for the last several months. It was pretty good.
Katy
I started reading this to the kids this week for obvious reasons! It is really good and I pray helpful for us all.
Vicki
So far this book looks pretty good, hope it will help with the situation we constantly deal with at our home!
Rachel
A fun book, written by three siblings, about ways to get along and really be friends.
Kathy
I skimmed this book and decided it was worth reading out loud with the kids.
Jeff
great book for parents and children.
Laina Standard
Laina Standard marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
  • Beautiful Girlhood
  • Raising Maidens of Virtue: A Study of Feminine Loveliness for Mothers and Daughters
  • Boyhood and Beyond: Practical Wisdom for Becoming a Man
  • Ten P's in a Pod: The Million-Mile Journal of a Home School Family
  • Joyfully at Home: A Book for Young Ladies on Vision and Hope
  • The Shaping of a Christian Family
  • Teddy's Button
  • Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God
  • George Muller: The Guardian of Bristol's Orphans (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • The Basket of Flowers: A Tale for the Young
  • Missionary Stories with the Millers (Miller Family)
  • Passionate Housewives Desperate for God: Fresh Vision for the Hopeful Homemaker
  • Instructing a Child's Heart
  • So Much More
  • Home-Making
  • Teach Them Diligently: How to Use the Scriptures in Child Training
  • Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes... in You and Your Kids
  • Hints on Child Training: A Book That's Been Helping Parents Like Your...for More Than 100 Years
Sarah Mally is a single young woman with a heart for girls. She is founder of Bright Lights, a discipleship ministry for young ladies, with over 200 chapters in 35 states and 5 countries. She lives in Marion, Iowa
More about Sarah Mally...
Before You Meet Prince Charming: A Guide to Radiant Purity Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends Coloring Book