Start by marking “The Stranger in Her Bed (Logger #2)” as Want to Read:
The Stranger in Her Bed (Logger #2)

The Stranger in Her Bed (Logger #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  1,062 ratings  ·  50 reviews
In The Seduction of His Wife, USA Today bestselling author Janet Chapman introduced the Knights, an ambitious logging family whose fortunes and hearts are tied to the rugged mountains of Maine. Now, Ethan Knight is drawn into the family business . . . and deep into temptation.

When Ethan agreed to work at a sawmill his family is purchasing, he didn't foresee getting fired
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published January 30th 2007 by Pocket Star (first published December 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Stranger in Her Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stranger in Her Bed

The Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. TolkienHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
The Best Fantasy Books
337th out of 1,280 books — 878 voters
Gentle Rogue by Johanna LindseyA Loving Scoundrel by Johanna LindseyDragon Actually by G.A. AikenThe Bargain by Christine S. FeldmanNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Romances with Tomboy/Women in Pants Heroines
81st out of 213 books — 154 voters

More lists with this book...

Tam
OMG Girl! Where has Janet Chapman been hiding?!?

Bit of a background on me and this book: I went to something called a 'reuse' centre with my mom and in the musty dusty bordering on disgusting building of treasures, I dug around in the very busy book section (busy section but I was the only one in romance). I was snooping around under the table were all the boxed books are looking for classics that I have in ebook format but could use in my actual library (Susan Elizabeth Phillips books or Rachel
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
3.75stars actually

The second installment for the Knight brothers takes placed immediately after The Seduction of His Wife, and second brother Ethan has begun working at the mill in preparation of taking it over as part of the family business - unknown to the current workers which include Anna Segee. Anna left Oak Grove as a child but never forgot Ethan Knight who she's loved since he saved her from being brutalized by town bullies. Time has brought many changes and Ethan doesn't recognize Anna b
Erin

The Stranger in Her Bed is the second book in the Logger Series featuring the Knight family. Some events in this book started towards the end of book 1 in this two part series, the Seduction of His Wife. Trying to reclaim her life in Maine, Anna Segee leaves the comforts of her Dad’s empire (Segee Logging) to become the forewoman at Looncove Lumber Mill scant miles from her grandfather’s sawmill ranch she’s just inherited. On Ethan Knight’s first day of work at Looncove, he steps immediately ...
May Mostly Romance
บางครั้งชื่อเรื่องมันก็ไม่ได้บอกอะไรเลยนะ อย่างเล่มนี้ "คนแปลกหน้าบนเตียงของเธอ" ของเจเน็ต แชปแมน อ่านแล้วก็ไม่ได้เกี่ยวอะไรกะเนื้อเรื่องสักนิด เพราะกว่าที่พระเอกจะขึ้นเตียงนางเอก (โดยมีนางเอกอยู่บนเตียงด้วย) ทั้งคู่ก็รู้จักกันเป็นอย่างดีแล้ว

นอกจากชื่อเรื่องที่ไม่เอาไหนแล้ว แม็กซ์มีความยินดีที่จะบอกมิตรรักแฟน ๆ ว่า

เรื่องนี้สนุกค่า

แม็กซ์ชอบนางเอกที่แม้จะเป็นหัวหน้าคนงานในโรงงานผลิตไม้ แต่ก็มีความเป็นผู้หญิงเพียงพอที่จะไม่แข็งกร้าวเกินไป ตัวละครอย่างแอนนา ซาจีไม่ได้เขียนกันง่าย ๆ หรอกนะ นักเขียนมั
jenjn79
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This was the better of the 2 logger series books. It is written so it can be read out of order with NO spoilers.

Anna comes back to maine from canada after inhereting an old mill from her grandfather. She has been using her middle name & her dad's last name for the last 18 years after being wisked away to Canada after an attempted rape by 3 boys when she was only 11. Ethan had come to her rescue and saved her.

Her mother had a bad reputation for being the town ho, madeline fox, and had been
Jody
This was a nice companion Romance to the book: The Seduction of his Wife by Janet Chapman. Chapman does an excellent job of giving me just enough of a teaser in the first book which is about Alex Knight for me to want to read this one which follows Ethan Knight Alex's little brother. Chapman again weaves a combustable romance between Ethan Knight a loyal man who is has all the right traits including a knight in shining armor complex. Anna Segee returns to Maine after living in Canada with her Fr ...more
Silvia
5 HILARIOUS FUNNY ROMANTIC STARRR

weelll this book was much much better than the first one...oo how i loved the story...the hero and the heroine were amazing, their chemistry were platonic and their funny bantered.... this book were more funny,more sexy as hell...its perfect for me..the way anna character were a though woman and ethan hot as hell but in love with anna were refreshing he he
Lyndsay
What can I say, I am in love with Janet Chapman’s novels. I Only have three of her novels to go before I have read them all. :’(
This is one of her older series. It follows the story of the second brother Ethan and Anna. Love their dynamic of being bossy and take charge personalities.
What I don’t like. I thought we got jipped out of another story. The third brother finds love and happy ending in this story as well. I was hoping he would have his own novel. Which, I believe is still possible. We
Beth
Really, really enjoyed this book. Ethan and Anna's story.
Gabrielle Paff
Sequel to Seduction of his Wife. These brothers are sexy
Gail
Heroine had a crush on the hero years ago, when she was a little girl. Now she's the foreman at a lumberyard the hero's family is in the process of buying. And he gets fired for breaking safety rules the day he shows up to "learn the ropes." The heroine is trying to prove herself to her overprotective family. The hero wants to win the heroine. There's a bit of a mystery--somebody might be sabotaging the mill, or maybe they're after the heroine. There's some sparring between hero and heroine. It ...more
Radeda
Hot!!!!!!!!
Cheesecake
This is my first time reading this author and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I really liked the heroine, Anna. She is strong and fair minded. And surprise surprise, so is the male lead, Ethan! Is it possible to make a romance story where both the hero and heroine are fair minded? Well here is living proof!
I look forward to reading the first book in this series!!
Peggy O'Connell
I like Janet Chapman's stories of rugged men in wild and manly Maine with strong women showing them the way to a blissful future, even if they have to beat it into them. The women of her books are not hepless little things but strong women who can stand there own! When I started reading the book I could not stop. I finished it in one day. What I liked was it had humor in it with the romance. Even though I enjoyed it, it was not as good as the book (The Seduction of His Wife) the one before it.
Swiftsea
Hardly felt an emotional pull to any of the characters in the story.
All the characters seemed fairly dense and shallow even with their so called 'background' history to explain everything. Hardly realistic (not saying all books are realistic in any sense since most are 'fictional') from the likes of it. Good for people only looking for a quick read with not much to think about. Characters appear a bit shallow; hard to feel with the character and the depth of their ‘love’.
m.allen
A good book but I didn't like it nearly as much as the first book The Seduction of His Wife. The connection between Alex and Sarah in the first book was amazing. It made me laugh and want to yell at Alex (well really just page 57!!) This book just didn't do that for me. It was good but not as good as I expected it to be.
Meaghan
the guy in her bed wasnt really a stranger... or maybe she was the stranger?
Gmc
Ethan Knight hired on at the saw mill to get the lay of the land before his family bought it from a very old friend. Then he does something dangerous and steps in front of a loader carrying tons of logs and causes all hell to break lose. Anna Segee was driving the loader and is the foreman at the job site, she fires Ethan on the spot telling him "This is a lumber mill not Disneyland!!"
Ana
– In The Stranger in Her Bed, Janet Chapman combines quirky characters with humor, sensuality and tension to create a very good read. Anna is a straightforward, in-your-face kind of woman who takes the sexy and headstrong hero, Ethan, by surprise. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong as these two butt heads and share their hearts. ~ Cerise, www.ireadromance.com
Roxanne
I just happened upon this author and decided to give her books a try. Boy, am I glad I did. I have finished both 1 and 2 and was very pleasantly surprised. It has mystery. It has romance. It has a little bit of independence clashing with a Knight in shining armor complex.
Can't wait to get started on 3.
Stacie
Sep 23, 2007 Stacie added it
Recommends it for: Romance
This was the second book of this series with the brother Ethan. It was okay and better than the first one. Ethan is owner of Knight Logging and buys out a logging company with a woman foreman - Anna. But Anna has a past that is hidden and comes back to haunt them both.
Kathrynn
Book #2 in the Logger series. This book starts right where #1 ends off. The family buying a lumber company further North! Ethan goes to the Lumbermill where Anna is the foreman. I enjoyed the character interactions. Nice read.
Joene
The second in the Logger series is equally excellent to read. It ties up all the loose ends from the first story (the remaining bachelors, that is) and makes you laugh and cry, sometimes on the same page. GREAT STORY!!!!
Dawn ♥ romance
I enjoyed this book about sawmill foreman Anna who fires Ethan on his first day on the job. Plot, action, sex were all good although chauvinism was a bit heavy at times, her books always have exciting endings.
Ariel
I picked this up at a used book store for a dollar , it was proably worth it because I liked the book well enough . It wasn't anything original or spectacular it was still allright though . (:
Shivanie
This book was such a good read. I love the light relationship between Ethan and Anne. I like that they fought and teased each other thorough out the book. Janet is a wonderful author.
Joanne
No where near as good as the first book about this family. I will keep The Seduction of His Wife. This I will probably donate. The pace was slow and the characters much less well drawn.
Kathryn
another really great story, continuation of the last book I read by the same author. I have another book coming in the mail this week, which will no doubt be read quickly!

Lisa
The second in the Logger Series is a good story with characters you can really like. I enjoyed the mystery behind Anna's story and Ethan's boyish charm made him very likeable.
Book three? 4 8 Dec 19, 2013 07:21PM
  • He's No Prince Charming
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Here Comes Trouble
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After) (Harlequin Blaze #447)
  • British Bad Boys
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • Lip Lock
  • Into Thin Air
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Highland Barbarian (Murray Family, #13)
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Desert Rogues Part 1

Janet Chapman is the author of twenty-two contemporary and magical romance novels, all of which are set in her beautiful state of Maine. She lives in a cozy log home on a beautiful lake with her husband, surrounded by an eclectic assortment of wildlife that she finds both entertaining and inspiring. Probably bes
More about Janet Chapman...
Charming the Highlander (Highlander, #1) Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3) Loving the Highlander (Highlander, #2) Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4) Only With a Highlander (Highlander, #5)