Start by marking “Bound by a Promise” as Want to Read:
Bound by a Promise

Bound by a Promise (MacFadden Romance #250)

The "New York Times" bestselling author deliverd four of her classic, earlier works. Kathryn and Garet had met once before, but a strange accident brings them together again. Reissue.
Published January 1st 2004 by Silhouette Books (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Bound by a Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by a Promise

Aayesha Khatri
Sweet love story, not enough anguish as in other DP books, and a bit too much of lame-ness and OTT writing and OTT dialogues by the supposedly alpha male. Also, mood swings of said alpha weren't rational or triggered, it seemed like they were written in just to show that he is supposed to be moody, if you get what I mean.

Heroine was okay, the ending was anti-climactic.

But, it is still a Diana Palmer, which means it was enjoyable. I will love DP always <3
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Oct 02, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Why or why do I do this to myself? Oh, that's right...Diana Palmer is my new guilty pleasure. Ok. Well...WHY do these women put up with these men? Ok. There is THAT, but-well, she did cause his temporary blindness.

I have to remember to not THINK so much. Just enjoy the sheer predicatble, nerve-racking, jaw-clenching, alpha-male jerk, nonsense that is Diana Palmer.

So...on to Dream's End. I know. I need help.
willaful
I might have been able to get past the heroine's immoral behavior -- though maybe not, since I loved Kirsty MacColl and crazed motorboaters are a sore spot -- but the book was just plain boring. And I'd bet a million bucks he gets his eyesight back at the end, too.
Jenny
Dec 04, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: heroine-i-adore
Great love story i enjoyed the angst!
Anya
Jan 29, 2014 Anya rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
What a slog. I find the heroine a whiny, self pittying little girl. The hero has the potential to be interesting but shows know depth or development and is carved in stone as word chiselled is used to describe his mouth at least 3 times. The whole thing feels contrived and skeletal.
Janet
Sep 17, 2016 Janet rated it liked it
garet becomes blinded by an accident caused by kathryn but she could lose him when he regains his sight because she falls in love with him but will he feel the same when he see her.
Kay
Mar 02, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
When Kate's fiance brutally drops her because she's not wealthy like he thought, she takes a job as secretary for a romance author. Garet made it to the top in aeronautics because of his talent as a pilot and an engineer and his ruthless approach to business. Kate sees her boss' neighbour as arrogant with his nose in the air, and Garet see the wisp of a girl as a spoiled brat determined to have her way. A tragic accident leaves Garet blind and bitter, and throws Kate into his world. Only Kate kn ...more
Amanda Sheila
Jun 18, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Wow. I need more.

After being dumped by his stupid fiancé, Kate went work with Maude. That's where she got an accident that left Garett, handsome billionaire, blind. Feeling terribly guilty, she worked as his assistant without him knowing that she's the one who made him blind. Now it's a matter of time for Garett to find out who she is..

I kinda like it. I expecting more, actually. When Garett find out eventually about her, I expect him furious and hurt her. And yes he did. But the apology, defi
Spinneretta
Feb 14, 2015 Spinneretta rated it really liked it
Another older book of Palmer's. Good.
Sandra Gonzalez
Aug 15, 2012 Sandra Gonzalez rated it really liked it
Argh! (view spoiler)

Other than that, I appreciated this typical Palmer's older, tough guy meets innocent, young woman story.
Mirella
May 17, 2013 Mirella rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, no-brainers
It would have been 4 stars if I had liked Kate more :/ Garret was one of Diana Palmer's best leading man ever, if only his love interest were stronger I think :(
Nadine
Nov 25, 2011 Nadine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diana-palmer
I simply LOVED this book. I even shed a couple of tears close to the end when all the secrets are out in the open. A WONDERFUL read to all romance lovers..!!
Apr 21, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The more and more I read ... the more and more these books become quite repetitive.
Asshole male.
Too young female.
Someone gets injured.
Repeat ad nauseum.
Krita
Feb 22, 2012 Krita rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
Sooo formulaic. Older guy with lots of money, young innocent smart mouthed girl who loves him and will do anything for him.
Carol
Sep 13, 2012 Carol rated it liked it
Always enjoy a sweet romance and this was very nice.
Lady
Nov 07, 2012 Lady rated it did not like it
He hits her. Need I say more.
Cassandra
Wonderful!
Mary Lynde
Mary Lynde marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
nola manganaro
nola manganaro rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
Mindy
Mindy rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Carolyn Moore
Carolyn Moore marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Tamara Bleck
Tamara Bleck rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Lauconn
Lauconn rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Loverlypurple
Loverlypurple marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Gracia Toent
Gracia Toent rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
  • You Owe Me (Harlequin Presents # 833)
  • Granite Man (Silhouette Desire, #625)
  • Seduced by Sin
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Gypsy
  • From Waif to Gentleman's Wife (Wellingfords, #4)
  • Menaklukkan Sang Dokter - Taming the Beastly MD
  • The Outcast (The Protectors, #3) (Silhouette Intimate Moments #614)
  • His Boardroom Mistress
  • Bride By Royal Appointment (The Royal House of Niroli, #7)
  • While She Was Sleeping... (Harlequin Blaze #533)
  • Too Great a Temptation (Too #1)
  • NIV Women of Faith Study Bible: Experience the Liberating Grace of God
  • For Your Arms Only (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love, #2)
  • The Forever Dream

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

MacFadden Romance (1 - 10 of 269 books)
  • Sweet Deception
  • The Widow and the Wanderer
  • First Love
  • Dawn of Love (MacFadden Romance, #4)
  • The Ivory Princess (MacFadden Romance, #5)
  • The Way of Love (MacFadden Romance, #6)
  • Light of Love (MacFadden Romance, #7)
  • Blue Skies, White Sands (MacFadden Romance, #8)
  • The Winds of Paradise (MacFadden Romance, #9)
  • Night of the Tempest (MacFadden Romance, #10)