Start by marking “Beldan's Fire (The Oran Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
Beldan's Fire (The Oran Trilogy #3)

Beldan's Fire (The Oran Trilogy #3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  499 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The final entry of Snyder's long-out-of-print Oran Trilogy is now available in this beautiful new paperback edition.
Published June 2nd 2005 by Firebird (first published January 15th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Beldan's Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beldan's Fire

Cissa
I've been sporadically searching for fantasy that includes peasants for a while now, and I am particularly interested in fantasy with peasant rebellions.

This series is one of the few I've encountered. The protagonists are definitely peasants, as compared to the ones in "Mistborn" which were in effet nobles even though they lacked the titles.

Plus it's an interesting set-up- although I think that if the oppressors succeeded in killing all the peasants- as they seem keen to do- they'd be unpleasant
Angela
it took me years to find this book, after reading the first 2 in the trilogy - of course that was long before the internet and Amazon - I'm sure people have less trouble now.
I loved this series, I loved the concept and the characters. I've always been disappointed the author didn't write more...
Fantasy Literature
Beldan’s Fire is the final showdown between the new Queens’ Quarter and the Fire Queen Zorah, and the plot races along to its conclusion. Midori Snyder doesn’t pull any punches as she wraps up the story, and it does not end the way you probably think it will. She balances beautiful, lyrical writing with gritty characters from the urban underbelly. The characters continue to develop, and are still flawed human beings doing what they have to do, which I think is what makes them interesting, and po ...more
Yarrow
i had first encountered these in high school, and i think i must have read them out of order at the time; some bit of temporal dissonance still clings to that world in my mind. at any rate, they stand up to being re-read now very well indeed. Synder's prose is tight, lyrical and fast, her characters engaging, complex and multidimensional, her world well-realized and internally consistent. I always appreciate a book that leaves me feeling like i'd like to know at least some of these characters in ...more
Michelle
The final book in the series---but actually the first one I read when I was still a teen. Everything builds up to this moment, but there is a huge twist in the plot. I almost screamed in rage when it happened...I couldn't believe it! One of my most favorite characters! I also feel that this is the time where we can really get a feel for the Fire Queen Zorah's fears and struggles and actually sympathize with her a little. Gosh, just seeing this series again makes me want to snatch it up and re-re ...more
Jc
I found this book when I was in high school, loved it then lost it. I spent years searching for it (I had forgotten the title and the author, and didn't know about Novelist), until one of my English major classmates knew what I was talking about.

This would be one of the first times I had read a fantasy novel with strong women that were the main characters. It still rocks!
Elise
I bought this whole trilogy about two years ago, and still think it is a GREAT fantasy series. LOVED the background, characters, relationships, setting, time, EVERYTHING. It was so good.

(It also helps, of course, that I like the four elements; as a rule. :D)
Afeni
It is so very important to think about the concept of everybody bringing about the change that needs to occur, not just a "chosen" few who will fight against oppression.
Pioden
Great series, well written/developed, with realistic scenarios and well-developed characters. Great pseudo-history for those that like turning points in history to come alive.
Julie
I actually liked this one better than the first two. Maybe I was starting to keep track of the plot/characters better, or maybe it was just more exciting and a better read.
Michelle B
I was pleasantly surprised by this whole series. It was a very creative world and full of interesting characters. I look forward to other books by this author.
Shadow
One of my favorite series. I stumbled upon the first book in this trilogy at PaperBackSwap, and fell in love with the tale it held.
Rebecca
Actually, it pretty solidly wraps up a series which I felt, up to this point, fairly ambivalent about.
Fredonna
A great conclusion to a great trilogy! Midori Snyder writes so vividly.
Adri G
One of my all time favourites, which I first read back in the 90s.
Elizabeth
RogueHireling
I really enjoyed this book. A very satisfying ending!
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 26, 2015
S. G.
S. G. added it
Jul 25, 2015
Ariana Giasomo
Ariana Giasomo is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2015
  • Infanta (Indigo, #3)
  • White Jenna (Great Alta, #2)
  • Dun Lady's Jess
  • Wind from a Foreign Sky (Tielmaran Chronicles, #1)
  • Path of Honor (Path, #2)
  • The Storm Witch (Dhulyn and Parno, #3)
  • Shadow Leader (Wolfwalker, #2)
  • Fire in the Mist (Arhel, #1)
  • Earth Logic (Elemental Logic, #2)
  • The Thirteenth House (Twelve Houses, #2)
  • Meridian, Vol. 1: Flying Solo
  • Spirit Fox
  • The Son of Summer Stars (Firebringer, #3)
  • Artie, The Good Witch
Midori Snyder is the author of eight books for children and adults, published in English, French, and Dutch. She won the Mythopoeic Award for The Innamorati, a novel inspired by early Roman myth and the Italian "Commedia dell'Arte" tradition. Other novels include The Flight of Michael McBride (a mythic western), Soulstring (a lyrical fairy tale), The Oran Trilogy: New Moon, Sadar's Keep, and Belda ...more
More about Midori Snyder...

The Oran Trilogy (3 books)
  • New Moon (The Oran Trilogy #1)
  • Sadar's Keep (The Oran Trilogy #2)
New Moon (The Oran Trilogy #1) Sadar's Keep (The Oran Trilogy #2) Hatchling (Dinotopia, #3) The Innamorati Hannah's Garden