Start by marking “Beldan's Fire (Oran, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beldan's Fire (Oran, #3)

Beldan's Fire (The Queen's Quarter #3)

The final entry of Snyder's long-out-of-print Oran Trilogy is now available in this beautiful new paperback edition.
Published June 2nd 2005 by Firebird (first published January 15th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Beldan's Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beldan's Fire

Cissa
Feb 01, 2009 Cissa rated it really liked it
I've been sporadically searching for fantasy that includes peasants for a while now, and I am particularly interested in fantasy with peasant rebellions.

This series is one of the few I've encountered. The protagonists are definitely peasants, as compared to the ones in "Mistborn" which were in effet nobles even though they lacked the titles.

Plus it's an interesting set-up- although I think that if the oppressors succeeded in killing all the peasants- as they seem keen to do- they'd be unpleasant
Angela
Feb 11, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
it took me years to find this book, after reading the first 2 in the trilogy - of course that was long before the internet and Amazon - I'm sure people have less trouble now.
I loved this series, I loved the concept and the characters. I've always been disappointed the author didn't write more...
Fantasy Literature
Nov 19, 2013 Fantasy Literature rated it it was amazing
Beldan’s Fire is the final showdown between the new Queens’ Quarter and the Fire Queen Zorah, and the plot races along to its conclusion. Midori Snyder doesn’t pull any punches as she wraps up the story, and it does not end the way you probably think it will. She balances beautiful, lyrical writing with gritty characters from the urban underbelly. The characters continue to develop, and are still flawed human beings doing what they have to do, which I think is what makes them interesting, and po ...more
Kara Thomas
Aug 15, 2016 Kara Thomas rated it liked it
Good ending, although I wish there were more story in a couple places and an epilogue. It would round out the story a bit better.
Yarrow
Apr 04, 2013 Yarrow rated it it was amazing
i had first encountered these in high school, and i think i must have read them out of order at the time; some bit of temporal dissonance still clings to that world in my mind. at any rate, they stand up to being re-read now very well indeed. Synder's prose is tight, lyrical and fast, her characters engaging, complex and multidimensional, her world well-realized and internally consistent. I always appreciate a book that leaves me feeling like i'd like to know at least some of these characters in ...more
Michelle
Jul 21, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
The final book in the series---but actually the first one I read when I was still a teen. Everything builds up to this moment, but there is a huge twist in the plot. I almost screamed in rage when it happened...I couldn't believe it! One of my most favorite characters! I also feel that this is the time where we can really get a feel for the Fire Queen Zorah's fears and struggles and actually sympathize with her a little. Gosh, just seeing this series again makes me want to snatch it up and re-re ...more
Jc
Aug 26, 2008 Jc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, owners
I found this book when I was in high school, loved it then lost it. I spent years searching for it (I had forgotten the title and the author, and didn't know about Novelist), until one of my English major classmates knew what I was talking about.

This would be one of the first times I had read a fantasy novel with strong women that were the main characters. It still rocks!
Elaine Conway
Jan 08, 2016 Elaine Conway rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, 06th, 07th, 08th, 09th, 10th, 11th, chapter
Out of Print
Age Range: 12 - 16 years
Grade Level: 6 - 11 (Amazon)
Genre Fantasy
Elise
Jul 02, 2009 Elise rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-favorites
I bought this whole trilogy about two years ago, and still think it is a GREAT fantasy series. LOVED the background, characters, relationships, setting, time, EVERYTHING. It was so good.

(It also helps, of course, that I like the four elements; as a rule. :D)
Afeni
Jul 20, 2011 Afeni rated it really liked it
It is so very important to think about the concept of everybody bringing about the change that needs to occur, not just a "chosen" few who will fight against oppression.
Pioden
May 23, 2007 Pioden rated it really liked it
Great series, well written/developed, with realistic scenarios and well-developed characters. Great pseudo-history for those that like turning points in history to come alive.
Julie
Jul 04, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
I actually liked this one better than the first two. Maybe I was starting to keep track of the plot/characters better, or maybe it was just more exciting and a better read.
Michelle B
Mar 31, 2010 Michelle B rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this whole series. It was a very creative world and full of interesting characters. I look forward to other books by this author.
Stephanie
One of my favorite series. I stumbled upon the first book in this trilogy at PaperBackSwap, and fell in love with the tale it held.
Rebecca
Dec 02, 2010 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Actually, it pretty solidly wraps up a series which I felt, up to this point, fairly ambivalent about.
Fredonna Walker
Jan 02, 2015 Fredonna Walker rated it liked it
A great conclusion to a great trilogy! Midori Snyder writes so vividly.
Adri G
Jul 18, 2013 Adri G rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favourites, which I first read back in the 90s.
Elizabeth
Nov 29, 2009 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
RogueHireling
Sep 12, 2011 RogueHireling rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. A very satisfying ending!
Jelle Vermeylen
Jelle Vermeylen rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Mafalda
Mafalda marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Sander
Sander rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Karen Watts
Karen Watts rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Sanne Modderman
Sanne Modderman rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Hannelore
Hannelore marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
  • Nocturne (Indigo, #4)
  • Shadow Leader (Wolfwalker, #2)
  • Dun Lady's Jess (Changespell Saga , #1)
  • The Storm Witch (Dhulyn and Parno, #3)
  • Path of Honor (Path, #2)
  • Wind from a Foreign Sky (Tielmaran Chronicles, #1)
  • Spirit Fox
  • Mind of the Magic (Arhel, #3)
  • Artie, The Good Witch
  • Nightborn (Thrones & Bones, #2)
  • White Jenna (Great Alta, #2)
  • Meridian, Vol. 1: Flying Solo
  • Flight of the Raven (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #7)
  • The Son of Summer Stars (Firebringer, #3)
  • Dark of the Moon (Kencyrath, #2)
Midori Snyder is the author of eight books for children and adults, published in English, French, and Dutch. She won the Mythopoeic Award for The Innamorati, a novel inspired by early Roman myth and the Italian "Commedia dell'Arte" tradition. Other novels include The Flight of Michael McBride (a mythic western), Soulstring (a lyrical fairy tale), The Oran Trilogy: New Moon, Sadar's Keep, and Belda ...more
More about Midori Snyder...

The Queen's Quarter (3 books)
  • New Moon (Oran, #1)
  • Sadar's Keep (Oran, #2)