Start by marking “The Time Machine and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
The Time Machine and Other Stories

The Time Machine and Other Stories

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Includes the stories: The Time Machine, The Empire of the Ants, The Country of the Blind, The Man Who Could Work Miracles.
Published 1966 by Scholastic Magazines, Incorporated (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about The Time Machine and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Time Machine and Other Stories

Oscar
‘La máquina del tiempo y otros relatos’ es una magnífica edición de Valdemar en su colección El Club Diógenes, donde se pueden encontrar ocho historias del maestro H.G. Wells:

La máquina del tiempo. (******) El viajero en el tiempo se dispone a narrar a sus compañeros lo que le sucedió cuando probó su máquina del tiempo. Viajes temporales, especulación, aventuras; más de cien años después, muy pocos escritores de ciencia ficción pueden igualar lo conseguido por Wells con está novela corta, un clá
Justin Rose
Wells does not take any short cuts. Even in the short stories he's careful to include reasonable details that keeps the reader from saying, "No way." My favorite story is "The Country of the Blind." Every scene kept me guessing at its conclusion, and what was going to happen next.
Dan
The guy goes more than 6,000 years into the future and there's no hoverboard...lame.
Patty Marvel
Yet another audiobook collection of short stories, which I'll rate individually:

The Time Machine (1895) - Everyone knows the gist of the story, but not everyone has read it and know that 1. the narrator first sees the Eloi society as an example of extreme communism, 2. assumes initially that the Morlocks are at the mercy of the Eloi, not the other way around and 3. sees the seeds to the eventual genetic split in today's social segregation. Not just a sci-fi story, but one with a bit of social co
Laura Flanagan (Oscuro y Seductor Romance)
Juan Carlos
H.G.Wells es, sin duda, un pionero en la literatura de viajes en el tiempo. Es una historia muy amena e interesante de leer. Me ha parecido muy interesante su visión del futuro de la Tierra y la raza humana, supongo que basándose en la sociedad en la que él vivió.
Jose Miguel Gonzalez
La Máquina del Tiempo, genial. La idea del viaje en el tiempo descrita con por un autor del siglo XVIII es increible.

Otros Relatos (y mi puntuación del 1 al 5):
La puerta en el muro 2
La Perla del Amor 2
El país de los Ciegos 4
marmarci
La historia principal resulta curiosa y te mantiene interesado en lo que el protagonista va encontrando y cómo reacciona ante los problemas que le van surgiendo. Merece la pena, sin duda.
Con respecto a los relatos sueltos, los hay desde cuentos de hadas, a uno que me apreció aburrido, otro inquietante y otros con tinte onírico.
Buryn
playaway quality is shite but excellent narration and included the short stories:

The Purple Pileus
The Man Who Could Work Miracles
The Truth About Pyecraft
The Country of the Blind
Tatiana
I guess I had expected something more, but I did like the story and although the characters did not feel truly alive and there wasn't much of a plot behind how and why the Time Machine was built (which the movie tried to address).
Shan
I did NOT enjoy this book even in the least. My boyfriend gave it to me to read, mostly because it's a classic and whatnot. I think I'm too set in my ways and and I don't like older literature? At least I finished it, right?
stephanie robertson
im actually just reading the time machine... no others by h.g. wells but good reads didnt have that one available to post. maybe if i like this one i'll read others though.
Adam
They said he couldn't do it and he did. Do you think time travel is possible? I don't think there will be any living things (as we know them) left in 780,000 years.
Tsukiko YAMAMURA
Science Fiction,Sci-fi,England,Britain,UK,omnibus
Scott
A classic story everyone should read.
Emily
very entertaining.
Manoj Gundu
Manoj Gundu is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2015
Autumn
Autumn added it
Dec 25, 2014
Daniel Harder
Daniel Harder marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Dave Stackhouse
Dave Stackhouse marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
  • Iceberg
  • Theatre of War
  • Knights of the Morningstar: Quantum Leap
  • Michaelmas
  • Survival (Star Trek: The Next Generation - Starfleet Academy, #3)
  • Predator: Concrete Jungle
  • All-Consuming Fire
  • Doctor Who: The Curse of Fenric
  • Deceit
  • Set Piece
  • Cat's Cradle: Warhead
  • Viriconium Nights
  • Sins of the Fathers (Gabriel Knight, #1)
In 1866, (Herbert George) H.G. Wells was born to a working class family in Kent, England. Young Wells received a spotty education, interrupted by several illnesses and family difficulties, and became a draper's apprentice as a teenager. The headmaster of Midhurst Grammar School, where he had spent a year, arranged for him to return as an "usher," or student teacher. Wells earned a government schol ...more
More about H.G. Wells...
The Time Machine The War of the Worlds The Invisible Man The Island of Dr. Moreau The Time Machine/The Invisible Man