The Time Machine and Other Stories

The Time Machine and Other Stories

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Includes the stories: The Time Machine, The Empire of the Ants, The Country of the Blind, The Man Who Could Work Miracles.
Published 1966 by Scholastic Magazines, Incorporated (first published 1963)

Dan
The guy goes more than 6,000 years into the future and there's no hoverboard...lame.
Patty Marvel
Yet another audiobook collection of short stories, which I'll rate individually:

The Time Machine (1895) - Everyone knows the gist of the story, but not everyone has read it and know that 1. the narrator first sees the Eloi society as an example of extreme communism, 2. assumes initially that the Morlocks are at the mercy of the Eloi, not the other way around and 3. sees the seeds to the eventual genetic split in today's social segregation. Not just a sci-fi story, but one with a bit of social co...more
Laura Flanagan (Oscuro y Seductor Romance)
Juan Carlos
H.G.Wells es, sin duda, un pionero en la literatura de viajes en el tiempo. Es una historia muy amena e interesante de leer. Me ha parecido muy interesante su visión del futuro de la Tierra y la raza humana, supongo que basándose en la sociedad en la que él vivió.
Jose Miguel Gonzalez
La Máquina del Tiempo, genial. La idea del viaje en el tiempo descrita con por un autor del siglo XVIII es increible.

Otros Relatos (y mi puntuación del 1 al 5):
La puerta en el muro 2
La Perla del Amor 2
El país de los Ciegos 4
María
La historia principal resulta curiosa y te mantiene interesado en lo que el protagonista va encontrando y cómo reacciona ante los problemas que le van surgiendo. Merece la pena, sin duda.
Con respecto a los relatos sueltos, los hay desde cuentos de hadas, a uno que me apreció aburrido, otro inquietante y otros con tinte onírico.
Buryn
playaway quality is shite but excellent narration and included the short stories:

The Purple Pileus
The Man Who Could Work Miracles
The Truth About Pyecraft
The Country of the Blind
Tatiana
I guess I had expected something more, but I did like the story and although the characters did not feel truly alive and there wasn't much of a plot behind how and why the Time Machine was built (which the movie tried to address).
Shan
I did NOT enjoy this book even in the least. My boyfriend gave it to me to read, mostly because it's a classic and whatnot. I think I'm too set in my ways and and I don't like older literature? At least I finished it, right?
stephanie robertson
im actually just reading the time machine... no others by h.g. wells but good reads didnt have that one available to post. maybe if i like this one i'll read others though.
Adam
They said he couldn't do it and he did. Do you think time travel is possible? I don't think there will be any living things (as we know them) left in 780,000 years.
Tsukiko YAMAMURA
Science Fiction,Sci-fi,England,Britain,UK,omnibus
Scott
A classic story everyone should read.
Emily
very entertaining.
India N'nepal
India N'nepal is currently reading it
Jul 05, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Mscout
Mscout marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
In 1866, (Herbert George) H.G. Wells was born to a working class family in Kent, England. Young Wells received a spotty education, interrupted by several illnesses and family difficulties, and became a draper's apprentice as a teenager. The headmaster of Midhurst Grammar School, where he had spent a year, arranged for him to return as an "usher," or student teacher. Wells earned a government schol...more
More about H.G. Wells...
The Time Machine The War of the Worlds The Invisible Man The Island of Dr. Moreau The Time Machine/The Invisible Man