Start by marking “Our Sexuality” as Want to Read:
Our Sexuality

Our Sexuality

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  92 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This is the most respected and authoritative college textbook available on human sexuality! Cutting edge and written in a direct, non-judgmental manner, this new edition of Crooks and Baur's OUR SEXUALITY has been thoroughly and carefully updated to reflect the most current research findings. This new edition is the first college text to bring cutting-edge and in-depth emp ...more
Published March 26th 2007 by Wadsworth Publishing (first published July 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Our Sexuality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Sexuality

Inés
Nov 04, 2012 Inés rated it really liked it
El libro comienza con una buena reflexión sobre las diferencias entre los conceptos, percepciones y costumbres de la sexualidad en diversos contextos culturales, más adelante hace una excelente explicación desde el aspecto biológico de la sexualidad.
Sin embargo, aunque intenta dar explicaciones desde el campo sociológico y psicológico, no fundamenta bien estos dos ejes que estructuran la dimensión "sexualidad".
Es un libro muy bueno para orientar la clase pero requiere de apoyo de otros textos.
Yuu Sasih
Jul 02, 2011 Yuu Sasih rated it really liked it
The best textbook I've ever read so far. LOL. I said that with much of biases since I always love every books that have gay in it. LOL.

I really want to take the class but sadly I can't before I reach 3rd year of college. Guess I would just satisfied with rereading this though.
Althea May
Jul 04, 2011 Althea May rated it it was amazing
Amazing textbook for the undergraduate psychology or sociology student interested in sexuality. Has a strong balance between the biological aspects and psychosocial aspects of sex. I have used this textbook in two courses so far and I love it.
Chris Johnson
An interesting read. It is a textbook and a three star rating is about the best I can do for a book like this. It does have some great information and was one the easiest to read that I have had.
M.K.
Nov 10, 2015 M.K. rated it really liked it
Used as a textbook for the "Human Sexuality" course given through the Psychology department at Stetson University. Highly readable, thorough, and unbiased.
Andy
Nov 06, 2010 Andy is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is my Human Sexuality class textbook. By far one of the most interesting textbooks I've ever come across. ;)
Rosie
Oct 21, 2015 Rosie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
Every college student should be required to take a course using this book. 100% recommendation
Amy Timm
Sep 05, 2013 Amy Timm rated it liked it
Required reading for school. Again, very interesting stares from strangers whilst reading this.
Cecily Erker
This is the main textbook for my Psych course this semester.
Len Demby
Len Demby rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Terri Juneau
Terri Juneau is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2016
N C
N C rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2016
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Laura Espitia
Laura Espitia marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Brittany
Brittany rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Kishann Cupid
Kishann Cupid rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Elizabeth Paulsen
Elizabeth Paulsen rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
James Moore
James Moore rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Baba Kumar
Baba Kumar rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Adam
Adam rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Sarah rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2015
Kendensky
Kendensky marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Leslie Gonzalez Hurtado
Leslie Gonzalez Hurtado marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Ashi
Ashi added it
Oct 20, 2015
gerry
gerry rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Sheina
Sheina rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Emily Weinstein
Emily Weinstein rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015