Start by marking “The Cadaver of Gideon Wyck” as Want to Read:
The Cadaver of Gideon Wyck

The Cadaver of Gideon Wyck

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  5 reviews

One of the greatest crime and horror novels ever written, this long unavailable work has a new introduction by William Hjortsberg. This is the complete novel, not the more common abridged edition. This new edition also includes three bonus essays by Alexander Laing. Signed by William Hjortsberg.

Published 2008 by Centipede Press (first published January 1st 1934)

To ask other readers questions about The Cadaver of Gideon Wyck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cadaver of Gideon Wyck

Tim Mayer

The late fantasy and horror writer Karl Edward Wagner once published a list of essential novels in the old Twilight Zone magazine. It sent me scurrying into countless book stacks at academic libraries in search of these novels since I had never heard of most of them. I will say the ones I've managed to find were all winners; there wasn't a dull book among the lot of them. So, in an eff0rt to broaden my horizons, I'm going to take a breather from Operator 5 and look at another book published the
Ben
Creepy medical-science-fiction-mystery that doesn't quite live up to it's promising premise and becomes less about the atmosphere and more about the whodunit. But it's still a unique entry in the horror-mystery subgenre, with some genuinely terrifying plot elements and a singular first-person narrative.
Dave Roberts
I'm giving this one 3 stars for story, four stars for character and setting. The setting, in particular, is very well rendered. I've read many books since reading this one, but I can clearly recall many of the settings from this book.
Chana
Fantastic murder mystery novel set in a small town with a medical school. Written with excellent knowledge of the state of medicine of the time period (1930s).
Forrest Jackson
A great, weird read about a couple of mad scientists. Sort of a gonzo Frankenstein. Now reprinted by Millipede/Centipede Press!
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Iram
Iram marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Jon Scott
Jon Scott is currently reading it
Jul 30, 2014
Ksenia
Ksenia marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Penny
Penny added it
Jun 04, 2014
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
David
David added it
Feb 16, 2014
Jon Recluse
Jon Recluse marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Wes
Wes marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Otto Granath
Otto Granath marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Kim Rox
Kim Rox marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Haunted Omnibus The Sea Witch Clipper Ship Men American Sail: A Pictorial History History of Seafaring America