Where It Stops, Nobody Knows

Where It Stops, Nobody Knows

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This breathtaking novel of suspense traces the lives of Nina and her mother Joyce, who move from town to town. At first it's great fun, but now Nina wants to stay--but her mother says no, it's time to go. What is she running from? "A strong, passionate story. Provocative, compelling".--Publishers Weekly.
Published May 1st 1990 by Puffin (first published 1988)

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel SilversteinWho's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward AlbeePeople Who Eat Darkness by Richard Lloyd ParryWhere The Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
The 5 W's
46th out of 114 books — 11 voters
Remember Me by Christopher PikeProm Dress by Lael LittkeTrick or Treat by Richie Tankersley CusickBury Me Deep by Christopher PikeApril Fools by Richie Tankersley Cusick
1980's- early 90's Young Adult Fiction
99th out of 126 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie S.
Bonnie Helbach
A gently mystery that builds up to the end so much so that I couldn' put it down. I choose this book because I was weeding the library and although this book had not been checked out in awhile, the story caught my attention. I wasn't diappointed and it will be staying on the shelf. i'll be including it in my next booktalks.
jacky
Mar 31, 2007 jacky rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Another "Electronic Bookshelf" quiz book. This book is about a girl whose mother keeps making them move from place to place. As the story progresses, the girl finds out why. That's really all I remember about reading this book.
Elizabeth (etandksmom on TM's)
I don't remember a lot about this book but I remember that I liked it. I read it in Junior High.
Jessica
May 11, 2008 Jessica rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teens, ages 12-14
Shelves: already-read
i love this book, its really interesting and hard to put down!!
Cheryl in CC NV
Mar 06, 2013 Cheryl in CC NV marked it as library-wishlist  ·  review of another edition
Crescent (?) only. Aka "Joyride" which is not in CLAN.
Selina
omg it was reaallyy good but sad.
Mawatta Kamara
its really interesting
Jenny
Jenny added it
Jul 06, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
bookworm
bookworm marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Angie
Angie added it
Apr 27, 2014
Carley
Carley marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Mini Varghese
Mini Varghese marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
jessicatheshark
jessicatheshark marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Keyanna
Keyanna marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Amy Ehrlich is the author of more than thirty books for young readers and is also a winner of The Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award for her novel Joyride, which was also chosen Booklist Choice Best Book of the Decade. She lives on a farm in Northern Vermont with her husband and a great many domestic and agricultural animals.
More about Amy Ehrlich...
The Random House Book of Fairy Tales Joyride When I Was Your Age, Volume One: Original Stories About Growing Up Baby Dragon Thumbelina