Start by marking “Infinite Dreams” as Want to Read:

26 Days on Earth
Armaja Das
Tricentennial
Hardcover, 1st edition, 278 pages
Published November 1978 by St. Martin's Press (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Infinite Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infinite Dreams

Xan
Sep 12, 2015 Xan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Las antologías son libros complicados. Es difícil conseguir que todos los cuentos estén a un mismo nivel de calidad e interés, incluso si se trata de relatos de un mismo autor. Este caso no se trata de la excepción que confirma la regla.
Me gusta Haldeman. Me gusta la honestidad con la que habla de su trabajo en este libro, explicando en la presentación de cada historia las circunstancias en las que las escribió. Al ser relatos pensados, o encargados directamente, para ser publicados en revistas
spikeINflorida
Jan 18, 2016 spikeINflorida rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of short stories written throughout the 70s by one of my favorite authors. Standout stories are Anniversary Project, The Mazel Tov Revolution, All The Universe in a Mason Jar, and Tricentennial. Not as solid as his novels The Forever War series, Buying Time, or Mindbridge...but still worth your time.
Justin
Sep 10, 2015 Justin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun short stories from Joe Haldeman, author of the amazing novel The Forever War. I always enjoy short story collections from him. I have read his other collections and they never disappoint. I would give this 3.5 but I will round up to 4. I would give this 4 stars because some of the stories were clever and made you think. Some were creepy, or a little funny. Some made you go "hmm." All in all they are good short stories. This is not a lazy criticism on Joe (at least it is not intended to be). ...more
LireauxWC
Apr 08, 2015 LireauxWC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ce que j’ai aimé : Tout d’abord, la diversité de ce recueil. Ensuite, le fait que l’auteur nous préface chaque nouvelle en la resituant dans son contexte d’écriture, ses recherches et ses inspirations. Les trois dernières nouvelles m’ont vraiment plu, par le côté apo-post-apo vraiment original. La première, même si un peu téléphonée, était aussi distrayante, mais moi, j’aime bien les histoires parallèles.

Ce que je n’ai pas aimé : Les nouvelles concernant la guerre ou le retour de la guerre. L’au
Matt
Mar 11, 2015 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I finished reading Counterpoint I thought to myself, "This is the best short story I have ever read." Like all collections, some stories in this book are better, some are worse. Definitely worth the read but by the end (and I didn't read the stories "in order"), I thought they were a little repetitive. Definitely worth it even if you only read the first story Counterpoint.
Stormcrow
May 10, 2016 Stormcrow rated it really liked it
Short story collections can have a great deal of variance, but I found this one to be pretty solid. From first to last I thought this was a good collection. Also, all the stories are short enough to be read in one sitting and I found them perfect reading before bed or just to fill 15-20 minutes with some quiet solitude. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 26, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good collection of SiFi short stories by my favorite modern SiFi writer, Joe Haldeman. While I am not normally a short story fan Haldeman does his usual trick and somehow grabs me and makes me interested in the characters and the story. Very recommended
Bruce H
Sep 03, 2014 Bruce H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the Universe in a Mason Jar is a must read. Nothing whatsoever to do with drunkenness... just a whimsical, imaginative, off the wall short story.
Doug
Sep 23, 2012 Doug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid all around. I also liked his introductions to the stories, which were light and fun to read. "Juryrigged" and "Tricentennial" were two highlights for me.
Erik Graff
Apr 22, 2011 Erik Graff rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Haldeman fans
Recommended to Erik by: no one
Shelves: sf
A selection of short science fiction pieces from the seventies by Joe Haldeman, a writer to watch.
Kevin Connery
Excellent collection of short stories.
Ipswichblade
Decent enough short story book
Larry Head
Larry Head rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
A. Dawes
A. Dawes marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Jake Schaffner
Jake Schaffner rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Dave Langfitt
Dave Langfitt rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
Catherine Wright
Catherine Wright marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Ihsan
Ihsan rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
AJ Beirens
AJ Beirens rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Choirsoftheeye
Choirsoftheeye marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Christopher York
Christopher York marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
David Bulock
David Bulock marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
SYNERGIST
SYNERGIST rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Gordon
Gordon rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Aya
Aya marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Gabriel Zárate
Gabriel Zárate marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Marian Phillips
Marian Phillips rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Chris Fletcher
Chris Fletcher rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2016
  • The Best of Robert Bloch
  • The Persistence of Vision
  • The Best of L. Sprague de Camp
Brother of Jack C. Haldeman II

Haldeman is the author of 20 novels and five collections. The Forever War won the Nebula, Hugo and Ditmar Awards for best science fiction novel in 1975. Other notable titles include Camouflage, The Accidental Time Machine and Marsbound as well as the short works "Graves," "Tricentennial" and "The Hemingway Hoax." Starbound is scheduled for a January release. SFWA pres
More about Joe Haldeman...