Start by marking “Stitch” as Want to Read:
Stitch

Stitch

Each autumn, among the falling leaves and the sounds of youth, they come to the university in their new clohtes, with their special hopes and special insecurities. They want each other' approval. They want love, and power. Stitch will give them all that they could ever want: an education of the soul.
Dan Latcher is a nerdy young college student until Stitch discovers him. N
Mass Market Paperback, 528 pages
Published July 4th 1992 by Dell (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Stitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stitch

Jack Tripper
I've been going through some of my old horror magazines, and I keep coming across statements referring to Mark Morris as "the next big thing" or "the new Clive Barker." Too bad the horror-fiction market crashed not too long after the author hit the scene, or else those magazines may have been right. I have no reservations in calling Stitch, Morris' second novel (not his fourth like another review here states), a masterpiece of horror.

It follows the lives of various British college freshman, all
Dreadlocksmile
Apr 13, 2009 Dreadlocksmile rated it it was amazing
Back in 1991 the author Mark Morris released his forth novel ‘Stitch’ through Piatkus Books (his first two novels were released under the pseudo name J. M. Morris; ‘Fiddleback’ & ‘The Lonely Places’). Drawing upon his dark imagination, Morris’ novel ‘Stitch’ delivers a nasty tale of a bizarre magical force that empowers its victims that become part of it’s cult. From the start of the novel, Morris weaves a graphic and at time disturbing tale that keeps a fast pace throughout. From the outset ...more
Iain
Nov 01, 2014 Iain rated it it was amazing
Great old-school British horror. Mark Morris does not appear to write short books and this has all the labyrinthine intrigue and evolving horror of the genre's heyday. The setting is a university campus, and the characters are portrayed in sympathetic, amusing and also ruthless detail. Plenty of gore and human horror but well-balanced with a fascinating plot.

I've discovered these books relatively late on ... next one please!
Debra
Stephen King endorsed the entire Dell Abyss Horror line. Here is his blurb:

"Thank you for introducing me to the remarkable line of novels currently being issued under Dell's Abyss imprint. I have given a great many blurbs over the last twelve years or so, but this one marks two firsts: first unsolicited blurb (I called you) and the first time I have blurbed a whole line of books. In terms of quality, production, and plain old story-telling reliability (that's the bottom line, isn't it), Dell's
Cnelson
Sep 07, 2016 Cnelson rated it really liked it
It's been 20 years since I read this, but I remember it being scarier than any Stephen King book I was reading in those days.
Steven Koch
Feb 02, 2011 Steven Koch rated it it was amazing
I enjoy Mark Morris, and though this book started off a bit slow, and was about 500 pages, once it got going, I was not disappointed by the heffty servings of horror, gore and sex. Most enjoyable.
Fishface
Feb 06, 2016 Fishface rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Totally messed up book! Crazy story takes you places you never really wanted to go. Better than average horror novel.
Pete Kahle
Pete Kahle rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Pete Everest
Pete Everest rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2012
Rhys
Rhys rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Ryan Lieske
Ryan Lieske rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2011
James
James rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2008
Marc Heredge
Marc Heredge rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Merral Wyer
Merral Wyer rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2011
Nisajith
Nisajith rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Crow
Crow rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Jordan West
Jordan West rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2013
Monika
Monika rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Jared
Jared rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Mark Cassell
Mark Cassell rated it did not like it
Oct 07, 2011
Beth Kai
Beth Kai rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Gaz
Gaz rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2011
Vampyrrhic
Vampyrrhic rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Christa
Christa rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2015
Constance
Constance rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
LEWIS BARRAH
LEWIS BARRAH rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
UseOfWeapons
UseOfWeapons rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2013
Nona
Nona rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2011
Contemporary Brit...: Stitch 1 4 Feb 23, 2013 11:37PM
Mark Morris became a full-time writer in 1988 on the Enterprise Allowance Scheme, and a year later saw the release of his first novel, Toady. He has since published a further sixteen novels, among which are Stitch, The Immaculate, The Secret of Anatomy, Fiddleback, The Deluge and four books in the popular Doctor Who range.

His short stories, novellas, articles and reviews have appeared in a wide va
More about Mark Morris...