Start by marking “The Everything Lactose Free Cookbook: Easy-To-Prepare, Low-Dairy Alternatives for Your Favorite Meals” as Want to Read:

3.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Have your cheesecake, and eat it, too!

Creamy soups, pizza, ice cream ... if you think your lactose intolerance keeps you from enjoying your favorite foods, think again! With "The Everything Lactose-Free Cookbook," you can indulge in worry-free meals and desserts any time you want. This unique cookbook is your one-stop reference for whipping up more than 300 delicious low-l
Published March 1st 2008 by Adams Media Corporation (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Lactose Free Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Lactose Free Cookbook

Sara
Jan 07, 2014 Sara rated it liked it
I read through this, but only made one recipe - Apricot-Glazed Sweet Potatoes. I ended up modifying it and it was pretty good. A little too much orange in it, possibly. I didn't find quite as many things in here as I would have liked to find. I borrowed this book from the library so I don't get a chance just yet to try more recipes.
Jennifer Fischer
Jul 02, 2014 Jennifer Fischer rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I thought this book was okay and I got a few new ideas from it. My daughter is lactose intolerant, so I was looking for recipes she could have. My biggest disappointment was that many of the recipes suggest soy milk as an alternative and my daughter is intolerant to that as well. This book would've been great if there had been recipes that used the other alternative milks. Sometimes it's easy to just sub them for regular or soy milk, but other times it ruins the recipe.
Judy Stasiak
Jul 02, 2014 Judy Stasiak rated it liked it
While the recipes look good, there was not as big of a variety as I had hoped. Many are the same recipe, just changing out an ingredient or two to make a different flavor.

I did find many recipes that my family would eat, but depending on where you live some of the ingredients might be hard to find.
AdultNonFiction Teton County Library
TCL Call #: 641.5631 McCracken

Madeleine - 1 star
Most of the recipies had some dairy in them - I can get that from a standard cookbook. And no pictures.
Grace Y
Grace Y marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Darlene Reilley
Darlene Reilley marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Dawn E Sprinkle
Dawn E Sprinkle marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Annmarie Wise
Annmarie Wise rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Annmarie Wise
Annmarie Wise rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Katie Ray
Katie Ray rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2011