Start by marking “Octopus' Den - a Smithsonian Oceanic Collection Book” as Want to Read:
Octopus' Den - a Smithsonian Oceanic Collection Book

Octopus' Den - a Smithsonian Oceanic Collection Book

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This bountiful series introduces young readers to a myriad of animals who inhabit the earth's wet wonderlands.
-- A Parents' Choice Approval for 19 title book and tape series.
-- Each book includes an informative note and glossary full of fascinating facts confirmed by the Smithsonian Institution curators.
-- Read-along cassettes incorporate authentic sea sounds, such as real
Published September 1st 1997 by Smithsonian Books (first published 1997)

Be the first to ask a question about Octopus' Den - a Smithsonian Oceanic Collection Book

Alisatkach
This story is a great story for kids to learn about octopuses.
Amy
My niece, nephew, and I all liked this book. After we read this one, my niece said, "I really liked that one." Much to my surprise, my nephew piped up with, "me, too!" This is shocking, because octopuses figure high on his list of "gary" (scary) animals.

This book has beautiful pictures, and the story is well written and engaging. The octopus is portrayed as a smart, curious, and interesting animal, which, of course, is true of them. This is a well done, pretty, enjoyable book.
Becky B
Oct 08, 2012 Becky B rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Elementary kids, Kids who love animals
A great non-fiction book for elementary students. Students always find it just as entertaining as any other story, and they learn interesting facts about the life of an octopus.
Gary
We got this at Half Priced Books yesterday. John really enjoys it. Especially the part where the octopus squirts the ink at the eel.
Lindsay
This is GREAT! I want to call it non-fiction but it's not, it's just a simple realistic story full of facts you can't miss.
Diane
leo loved this book. also great for ocean habitat
Jim
this art looks better than a live action disney picture
Mckinley
Interesting - about their lives.
Shaina
Shaina added it
Jun 21, 2015
Rachelolivia
Rachelolivia marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Christine Turner
Christine Turner marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Trisha
Trisha added it
Nov 29, 2013
Radha
Radha added it
Oct 24, 2013
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Torun Halvorsen
Torun Halvorsen marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Sarah added it
Oct 29, 2012
Kangaroo Island: A Story of an Australian Mallee Forest Be Careful, Kangaroo! (Read and Discover (Soundprints).) Amazing Animal Adventures: Be Careful, Kangaroo! Kangaroo Island: A Story of an Australian Mallee Forest, Incl. Toy Be Careful, Kangaroo!