Octopus' Den (Smithsonian Oceanic Collection)

Octopus' Den (Smithsonian Oceanic Collection)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This bountiful series introduces young readers to a myriad of animals who inhabit the earth's wet wonderlands.
-- A Parents' Choice Approval for 19 title book and tape series.
-- Each book includes an informative note and glossary full of fascinating facts confirmed by the Smithsonian Institution curators.
-- Read-along cassettes incorporate authentic sea sounds, such as real...more
Published September 1st 1997 by Smithsonian Books (first published 1997)

Amy
My niece, nephew, and I all liked this book. After we read this one, my niece said, "I really liked that one." Much to my surprise, my nephew piped up with, "me, too!" This is shocking, because octopuses figure high on his list of "gary" (scary) animals.

This book has beautiful pictures, and the story is well written and engaging. The octopus is portrayed as a smart, curious, and interesting animal, which, of course, is true of them. This is a well done, pretty, enjoyable book.
Becky B
Oct 08, 2012 Becky B rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Elementary kids, Kids who love animals
A great non-fiction book for elementary students. Students always find it just as entertaining as any other story, and they learn interesting facts about the life of an octopus.
Gary
We got this at Half Priced Books yesterday. John really enjoys it. Especially the part where the octopus squirts the ink at the eel.
Lindsay
This is GREAT! I want to call it non-fiction but it's not, it's just a simple realistic story full of facts you can't miss.
Diane
leo loved this book. also great for ocean habitat
Jim
this art looks better than a live action disney picture
Mckinley
Interesting - about their lives.
Christine Turner
Christine Turner marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Trisha
Trisha added it
Nov 29, 2013
Radha
Radha added it
Oct 24, 2013
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Torun Halvorsen
Torun Halvorsen marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Sarah added it
Oct 29, 2012
Emiry
Emiry marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2008
Kangaroo Island: A Story of an Australian Mallee Forest Kangaroo Island: A Story of an Australian Mallee Forest, Incl. Toy Be Careful, Kangaroo! Octopus Find a Home Octopus' Den: With Plush