Babar's Mystery

Babar's Mystery (Babar)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  6 reviews
While vacationing at Celesteville-on-the-Sea, the Babar family matches wits with a bold gang of thieves.
Published October 1st 2004 by Harry N. Abrams (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Babar's Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Babar's Mystery

Eva Leger
I'm surprised we haven't read this more than once in the past week since we took it out from the library because of Julia's love for Babar. She could watch Babar reruns on OnDemand all day and all night for a month I think and not get bored in the least.
As much as she liked books the Babar books don't hold as much interest for her. Maybe because she's so used to watching Babar and friends on t.v. I personally don't watch too many movies made from books I've read so I can relate.
In Babar's Myst...more
Raja99
I'm pretty sure I've never seen this book before. It looked nice on the library shelf.

The book is larger than the others the library had (12.5 inches high versus 11.25).

I read it once myself and once to our child. It's charming, and not at all scary (unlike Babar and his Children . Perhaps we'll buy a copy.
Rachel
This book was a cute story about Babar and his family going to the sea, the Old Lady wanting to write a novel and a mystery about a stolen piano, Babar's car and statue. I got it for Liam, but will save it for him when he gets a bit older.
Beth
What thief stole Babar's piano, car and statue? With the help of the Old Lady, Arthur spies four crocodiles and one rhinoceros.
Kirei
Babar has to find the thieves of a piano, a car, and a statue.
Magila
2.5

Not too memorable, but an interesting end.
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Meg added it
Jan 08, 2014
Jul 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Laurent De Brunhoff has kept the spirit of Babar and his family alive for over 50 years. Babar was created by Laurent's mother as a bedtime story, and was first illustrated by Laurent's father, Jean de Brunhoff.

After his father's death, Laurent continued to created over 30 Babar stories.

Laurent de Brunhoff lives in Connecticut with his wife, writer Phyllis Rose.
More about Laurent de Brunhoff...
Meet Babar and His Family Babar's Yoga for Elephants Babar's Museum of Art Babar's Little Girl Babar and the Ghost