Start by marking “Drop-Dead Blonde” as Want to Read:
Drop-Dead Blonde

Drop-Dead Blonde (A Scumble River Mystery #6.5)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  417 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Do blondes have more fun?

Four beloved authors with all new fair-haired mysteries to dye for do.

They're blondes with style, money, and men falling at their feet. But now these perfect women are perfect victims. In Drop-Dead Blonde, four of today's top mystery authors-Nancy Martin, Denise Swanson, Elaine Viets, and Victoria Laurie-spin four all-new tales of fair-haired s
Published February 1st 2005 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Drop-Dead Blonde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drop-Dead Blonde

Dharia Scarab
Nov 25, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it

4 sta
Kimberly Ann
Jan 25, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it it was ok
Drop Dead Blonde

This is a trilogy of mysteries with the murderess being a blond....

Slay Bells, Nancy Martin 1/2

The first story featured the Blackbird Sisters and the murder of the premier personal shopper of a high-end department store. But as it is a short story, there wasn't much character development and much of the filler seemed to be just mindless chatter by women who are stressed and shop too much. I did like the main character's boyfriend..... A man from a mafia family, trying to go
SouthWestZippy
Jan 16, 2016 SouthWestZippy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
A collection of four short mystery stories.
Slay Belles(A Blackbird Sisters Mystery) by Nancy Martin.
A personal shopper is murdered and Nora Blackbird along with her sister Libby, and her boyfriend, Michael, Nora sets out to solve the murder.
Great story and wonderful humor. My favorite of the four.

Killer Blonde(A Dead -End Job Mystery) by Elaine Viets
Margery tells Helen that she once knew a murderer. Margery does the story telling as Helen takes it all in about the hostility, betrayal and reve
Julesy
Apr 16, 2009 Julesy rated it liked it
I only read the Denise Swanson story since that was the only one I was interested in. I usually don't like to read short story compilations or novellas and now I know why. The story was not that good. It does not nearly give you the taste of Ms. Swanson's excellent writing and plot with her other Scumble River books. It was too short (70 pages) and lacked a murder. I will stick with reading with the whole Scumble River mysteries instead.
Georgiann Hennelly
Apr 15, 2011 Georgiann Hennelly rated it really liked it
Drop dead blonde is a book of four stories each written by a different author .Slay Belles, Nancy Martin,Killer Blonde, Elaine Viets, Dead Blondes Tell No Tales, Denise Swanson, Blind Sighted, Victoria Laurie.
Each story has one thing in common death. hard to choose a favorite story. I really enjoyed each one for different reasons .
I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes murder mysteries.
Anastasia
Oct 31, 2015 Anastasia rated it it was amazing
Drop Dead Blonde is a series of 4 Novellas by 4 cozy mystery authors. The first was Slay Belles by Nancy Martin and is part of the Blackbird Sisters mysteries. Second was Killer Blonde by Elaine Viets and is part of the Dead End Job mystery series. Third was Dead blondes Tell No Tales by Denise Swanson and was part of the Scumble River Mystery series. Fourth was Blind Sighted by Victoria Laurie and is part of the psychic eye mystery series. The first two were new to me but the last two were from ...more
Barbi
Apr 10, 2015 Barbi rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining read with 4 quick short stories. Some of these stories were very silly but fun to read.
Kelly
Sep 21, 2015 Kelly added it
Blind Sighted
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Jun 26, 2008 Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozies, 2008
This is 4 short stories by some cozy authors. All of the stories were good and fairly quick reads. My least favorite was the one by Nancy Martin but it was still good, just took me a bit to get into it.

Elaine Viets is a great author so this one was good and I have the series by Victoria Laurie but hadn't started it yet and now want to read it because I really enjoyed this short story with Abby Cooper, Psychic PI.
Nancy
Aug 18, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it
It's not often I find a compilation where all the books are closely equal. This one is. The best, in my opinion, is by Elaine Viets and I will be looking for more books by her. But all of the books are an easy way to spend an afternoon.
Kimberly
Jun 24, 2012 Kimberly rated it liked it
My favorite of the four stories was the Blackbird sisters. That author is the reason I read the book. The other stories were also enjoyable and it was nice to read some quick, short stories.
Sheri
Jun 28, 2011 Sheri rated it really liked it
Drop-Dead Blonde
Nancy Martin, Elaine Viets, Denise Swanson, Victoria Laurie
Four short mystery stories all with the lead character being a blonde. Fast, fun , read.
Joanne
Jul 31, 2011 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished the Nancy Martin story since I am reading that series now. It was, as usual, really great.
Mary
Apr 24, 2009 Mary rated it really liked it
I liked this book because without it I may never have found 2 new authors to read. Thanks book.
Natalie Kratz
Oct 09, 2007 Natalie Kratz rated it really liked it
collection of 4 short mysteries. easy and entertaining. good for traveling!
Christa
Aug 05, 2008 Christa rated it liked it
I was already a fan of a couple of the authors in this collection.
Michelle
Oct 12, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I only read Slay Belles, but it was a fun story.
Vicky Beltz
Feb 10, 2013 Vicky Beltz rated it it was amazing
Stories by 4 of my favorite authors.
Ellen
read 01.31.07
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
BookLever
BookLever marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Andrea Harris
Andrea Harris marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Hope
Hope rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Hope Lozano
Hope Lozano marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
HighSnobbery
HighSnobbery marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
  • Murder of a Royal Pain (A Scumble River Mystery, #11)
  • Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #6)
  • Killer Cuts (Dead-End Job Mystery, #8)
  • Cat in a Yellow Spotlight (Midnight Louie #26)
  • Avoidable Contact (A Kate Reilly Mystery #3)
Winner of the 2009 Lifetime Achievement award for mystery writing from Romantic Times magazine, Nancy Martin announces the release of the 8th book in her popular Blackbird Sisters mystery series, NO WAY TO KILL A LADY. Set in Philadelphia, the story features three heiresses whose parents have run off with their trust funds. Now thay have a chance to regain their wealth when their aunt, "Madcap Mad ...more
More about Nancy Martin...

A Scumble River Mystery (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Murder of a Small-Town Honey (A Scumble River Mystery, #1)
  • Murder of a Sweet Old Lady (A Scumble River Mystery, #2)
  • Murder of a Sleeping Beauty (A Scumble River Mystery, #3)
  • Murder of a Snake in the Grass (A Scumble River Mystery, #4)
  • Murder of a Barbie and Ken (A Scumble River Mystery, #5)
  • Murder of a Pink Elephant (A Scumble River Mystery, #6)
  • Murder of a Smart Cookie (A Scumble River Mystery, #7)
  • Murder of a Real Bad Boy (A Scumble River Mystery, #8)
  • Murder of a Botoxed Blonde (A Scumble River Mystery, #9)
  • Murder of a Chocolate-Covered Cherry (A Scumble River Mystery, #10)