Start by marking “Lucky Streak (Lucky Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lucky Streak (Lucky Trilogy, #2)

Lucky Streak (Lucky Trilogy #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  2,555 ratings  ·  69 reviews
When Mike Corwin awakens after some wild partying in Vegas $150,000 richer and married to Amber, the gorgeous woman he met the night before, he thinks he's hit the jackpot. The bad news is that Amber's a con who takes his money and runs. Seems the family curse has finally hit him. Hard.

But to Amber, Mike isn't business as usual. If only she didn't need the money to ensure

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published May 26th 2009 by HQN (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Streak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Streak

The Unsung Hero by Suzanne BrockmannAlways Time to Die by Elizabeth LowellLucky Charm by Carly PhillipsThe Last Chance Cafe by Linda Lael MillerThere Goes the Bride by Lori Wilde
MRM Contemporary Romance Novels 2
60th out of 72 books — 3 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter Hardcover Boxed Set, Books 1-6 by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Mortal Instruments Boxed Set by Cassandra ClareThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
favorite series ever!
323rd out of 332 books — 386 voters

More lists with this book...

jenjn79
Jun 05, 2009 jenjn79 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
Really enjoyed this 2nd book in the "Lucky" trilogy. The characters, the storyline, and the romance all engaged me and had me wanting to keep reading.

The basis for this series is that there is a curse on the Corwin males where if they fall in love, they will lose their woman and their money. It's affected the family for generations and now the current group of cousins must deal with it to move on with their futures.

Mike Corwin is a Boston police officer. He goes to Vegas for his partner's weddin
Wendy
This is a really cute book with alot of fun characters. CP is always fun to read, she writes a quick and entertaining story. I gave this one a four out of five.

Amber is a woman that has had to resort to counting cards in Vegas to win enough money to keep her father in a nursing facility because he has Alzhiemers. But she isn't happy with what she has had to do and wants out. Her partner doesn't want to let go though. When he threatens her a strange man steps in to help her.

Boston Cop Mike Corw
Greentea
Mike Corwin hates roller coasters, yet he fell for a woman who made his stable life into a roller coaster ride.

Always responsible, Mike [with a few booze] married Amber Rose suddenly in a Las Vegas wedding. With a Corwin curse hanging from generations, he thought he could beat it when he marries someone he's not in love with. But then again, it seemed that the curse still worked and he lost Amber and his money.

Amber Rose has a past involving gambling. But her reasons for cheating in card games w
Stephanie Bolen
Sorry I'm just not buying it. The only thing that I thought was realistic was Edwards illness and even then that's not the diagnosis that I think he should have been given. None of the characters felt true to life at all, it was more a movie writing of a life than actual life. Amber could have been anybody, all the little stuff the fact that she was raised in Vegas by a con man and has a photographic memory was mentioned but not shown. She could have shown them the "real" Vegas whatever that is; ...more
Sabrina
Lucky Steak is Carly Phillips’ second book in the Corwin Curse series and I found it to be a cute story with lots of fun characters. Not only did I enjoy Amber and Mike, but Mike’s family is loads of fun and the bad guys chasing Amber add some extra excitement.

The storyline is very believable and will probably hit close to the heart for many readers. Amber is a con only because she desperately needs to pay for her father’s nursing home and care. Mike is afraid of true love because his experience
The second in the Corwin family Trilogy. A solid 3 3/4 stars.
So much better than the first book! This book centers around Mike Corwin, son of Edward, the eccentric brother. Mike became a cop to keep order in his life that he never had with his "out there" father. Mike meets Amber Rose while in Vegas for his partner's wedding. It is instant attraction and it all begins.
Here's what I liked:
I loved the chemistry between the Mike and Amber...there is plenty of work up to it and it works. It is night
Rhonda
In Las Vegas Amber Rose has lived the life of a con-artist and card counter in high-stakes poker games as a way to bring in necessary income to pay for the care of her Alzheimer's-stricken father. Now she plans to go straight though she fears her partner Marshall Banks will go ballistic, but does not care as she wants out.

When Banks turns nasty, Boston cop Mike Corwin, in town for a wedding, rescues Amber. She joins him and his party, giving them a special tour of Sin City from an insider's per
Anita Fleming
Lucky Streak is the 2nd of the Lucky Trilogy and is a great book for mindless romantic reading. Sex starting on page 48.

Mike Corwin, a Boston Police Detective and Corwin cousin, goes to Las Vegas for his partner's wedding and saves Amber Rose from being accosted by a guy she claims is her ex-partner. Amber is a gorgeous woman and the electricity is immediate. Mike invites her along for the day and at the end of the day, marries her even though he knows very little about her. What Happens in Vega
Kathy
Iris Blobel
I finished this book a few days back and I still don't really know what to think. I think I'm going with: Yeah .... NO!

This was one of the books when I should've stopped reading when my "eye rolling" didn't stop. Gist is: Girl (Amber) living in Las Vegas meets Cop (Mike) from Boston who's in town for his friend's wedding, they win big time and get married - AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN DRUNK! Next morning she's gone and so is the money. But Amber follows him to Boston to make this marriage work.

I just
Mareli
the beginning was really strange. A cop who marries a woman at Las Vegas? It really seemed unrealistic. And the non-reality factor goes on and on when he's back at home and after some little time the new wife is with him again.

Anti-climatic but not bad
Aimee
Mar 23, 2011 Aimee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone needing some laughter
Recommended to Aimee by: Christmas Present.
Well if you are looking for a fluffy, no drama, no thinking kind of book then 'Lucky Streak' is the one for you!

This is the second part of the trilogy "Lucky' series written by Carly Phillips. Mike Corwin (Boston Police Detective) goes to Las Vegas for his Partner's Wedding and runs into Amber Rose - a gorgeous woman who he knows very little about after only one night.

The bad news is Amber is a con artist or rather trying to get out of being a con artist. They meet and sparks fly. The lemons are
Sassy
Nov 26, 2014 Sassy added it
Liked story wish more love scenes. Story action good
Sara
Lovely story that touched me and a fun read!
Dwi_eternity Lestari
4 bintang karena covernya bagussssssssss
Darcy
I liked this one much better than the first. I loved that Mike and Amber were impulsive in Vegas, and that what happened in Vegas, didn't stay there. Amber's crazy past and present had the potential to really screw up things for them. While it did a little bit, it was Mike's crazy family that brought them together. I loved Mike's dad, Edward. He was so eccentric and out there it was hard not to like them. The gathering at the end so fit the extended family and had me laughing.
Dessdemona
Loved this book! It was such more better than the previous one!
It was funnier and more interesting. Mike didn't seem to be such a coward like Derek was, and I absolutely loved Amber. I really wasn't such a fan of Gabrielle. I don't know why, we just didn't click, but Amber was fantastic! Her's and Mike's story was so lovely, the cop and the con! <3
I even liked Edward. He was so sweet when he tried to go shopping for Amber.
Great book, great couple, great characters!
Dee
more like 3.5 - pretty solid romance
Ann Marie
This is the second book in Carly Phillips Lucky series. It continues on where her first book left off in telling of the Corwin curse. It's time Mike Corwin finds himself swindled in Vegas by a beauty of con girl, Amber. Amber has good reasons for taking his money and tries to make it up to him in his home town near Boston. This is a definite beach read. The fun characters and Amber's persistence made this book enjoyable.
Jessica Alcazar
FANTASTIC little chic flic romance story! ALL 3 of these books were highly enjoyable. Every character had me LMAO!
However, I will say that Lucky Streak (#2) was absolutely the funniest of them all. Hands down!
PS....I really wish Uncle Edward and Clara had their own story, even if it was a short story in an Anthology because that man had me in stitches....stinky Pete! Bawaaaaaaahahahahaha!
Carly Phillips is an amazing writer. I cannot help buy fall in love with her characters and Mike and Amanda were no different. I understood why Amanda made the decisions she did, and I understood why Mike reacted the way he did. I was pulled in to the story from the beginning. I love that Derek and Gabrielle were back in the story, as well as the curse. Cute, fun read.
Taylor Fenner
I really like this book and I've read it and the other two books in the trilogy 3 times but this time as I was reading it I noticed 4 or 5 grammatical errors. I would have liked the book even better if an editor had caught the errors. All in all this trilogy is great and Carly Phillips has been one of my favorite authors since I was about 14
Iris
Feb 01, 2010 Iris rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
would have been better if I was reading this in book form, but I was listening out loud. Some parts dragged on way too long and you know what I mean. WAY TOO LONG. I have an imagination. This was too descriptive and I usually like Carly Phillips, so I think I just won't get her books in audio formats from now on. :)
Carol
I enjoyed this continuation of the Cowin Curse series. Amber Rose is a very different heroine dealing with some unique inlaws in wonderfully wacky ways. Who ever would have thought of using a descented skunk as a weapon? Romantic and amusing. I look forward to the next book.
Nicci
Another fun read. This one has more mystery and danger elements to it so I read this book fast. I just had to know how it was going to end. I will say when you do reach the climax for the mystery and drama it's pretty low key. Overall just a great fun book to read.
Crazy4more

I loved Mike and Amber. I thought this book had more substance, emotion and fast-paced. Amber's tenatious attitude got her things she needed and more. On the day she ended her partnership crossing the law, she married a cop!

Great read.
Christine
I really enjoyed hearing about previous characters from the first book. Amber and Mike are a great pair and she is a nice touch to the "crazy cursed" family! I guess the saying what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas is not true in this case and I am glad.
Micah
This was an audiobook, so it took me longer to get through it than if I'd actually read it. I love the Corwin family stories, even though I haven't exactly read them in order. The men are are as interesting as the women they end up with.
Trina
Once again there was tons of focus on the curse thing but I really liked the story between the two main characters. They have such different backgrounds but they are made for each other even though they have a hard time of it.
Tania
This is the second in a series. I liked the first one better I think. This one was just a little to "Vegas" for me. After having lived there, survived it -- barely, two times, anything Vegas-like leaves me cold.
  • Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters, #2)
  • Just For Kicks (Showgirls #2)
  • Scandalous
  • Santa, Baby
  • Hot Summer Nights (Bluebonnet, #2.5) (Serendipity, #3.5) (Hope, #0.5)
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team #4)
  • The Night She Got Lucky (Dog Walkers, #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...
Hot Number (Hot Zone #2) Hot Stuff (Hot Zone, #1) The Bachelor (Chandler Brothers, #1) Serendipity (Serendipity, #1) The Playboy (Chandler Brothers, #2)