Start by marking “Icing on the Lake” as Want to Read:
Icing on the Lake

Icing on the Lake

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  2,600 ratings  ·  69 reviews
ICING ON THE LAKE

Beach reads for snow bunnies–our wildly popular beach reads expand to winter! The author of Maine Squeeze is back with another funny, romantic novel, this time in the snow.
Published December 13th 2005 by HarperTeen (first published December 1st 2005)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah Dessen
Young Adult Romance
216th out of 2,349 books — 7,374 voters
Perfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah DessenThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
DCPL 's Teen Love & Sex (Some Romance) Booklist, for OWL
153rd out of 434 books — 1,659 voters

More lists with this book...

Natshane
I'm feeling Rachel Hawthorne-ish all over again.

As much as I like reading fiction romance, sometimes it's very 'relaxing' to switch from having to understand a complicated relationship to enjoying a typical teen romance, after all it's is more realistic and we could relate to them more.

Summer romance/fling has always been what I've read for non-fiction romance, but ever since Rachel Hawthorne's Snowed In and Love on the lifts, I started to develop a kind of preference towards winter romance as
Tiffany
I thought this was a cute novel and I had to give it four stars. There were several reason's why I had to give it four stars. The main reason was I enjoyed reading about a relationship starting that wasn't based on lust. Does every relationship especially teen relationships have to be based upon that and be the main driving force. The couple that emerges from the story gets stranded in a truck during a winter storm. As they have to spend the night next to each other there is no making out. The l ...more
Kathy
This was a cute story. Kirsten moves to Minneapolis for a month to help her sister, who has a broken leg. As soon as she arrives she meets the super cute Benson brothers. Sean is really cute and acts totally interested, while Conor is equally cute, but acts like he hates her. The story moved along quickly, nothing really exciting happened. I was kind of disappointed with how Kirsten handled the situation, but overall thought it was an okay story. It seems like most of the books I read lately hav ...more
Jody
This was my second Catherine Clark book and I really didn't like the 1st one as this is a teen romance and more of a fast food type of romance. Light and fluffy when I just want to read a quick feel good non thinking book. Icing on the Lake was much better than Better Latte than never. I liked the characters much better and felt as though I was connected with the male interests more. I was rooting for Conner and the book was pretty predicable but I was in the mood for it.

Kirsten moves in with h
Alicia
Cursed Kirsten is what everyone calls her. Why? Because she always seems to get herself injured and into problems. When she goes to her sister’s house to help her, she knows that the month will be a stressful one. Not only is Gretchen, her sister, a little crazy, but she always looks down on Kirsten as if she were still five-years-old. Then there’s also the fact that she needs to find a guy to invite to go with her to the weekend getaway her friends and her had planned. Three problems. 1. Her ex ...more
Caroline
When I picked this book to read I thought it would be kind of a way for me to reach my romantic side which in a way it did. This book unlike many other books I have read did not have a dark side to it, it was constantly cheerful, yet realistic, because things like two guys being interested in the same girl can happen.

Now I know what you are thinking, I am so not into romance but if you read this book it's not all about romance, sure the main character ends up with a guy and that is the main ide
Snuffaluffagus .
Sep 04, 2013 Snuffaluffagus . rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants a light and fast read.
Shelves: ya, let-it-snow, e-book
I didn’t think that just by bringing a guy along for a weekend trip with your pals is such a big deal. It reminds me of when you were a kid and have a boy/girl friend you’d automatically be king of the world or be constantly talked about; like those ‘did you hear, he’s got a girlfriend’ and others would go ‘whoaaaa’ as if it’s the most metal thing ever.
To me it seems as if Kirsten is on a quest to find this thing called ‘a boyfriend’ and if she doesn’t find one within a certain amount of time sh
Lisa Su
Kristen goes visit her sister, Gretchen, who has broken her foot. She helps her out with Brett and Bear who is her son and dog. One day, she went out to shovel the snow and finds a guy named Sean who she now has an interest in but his brother is just awful. They start getting along and when things start to get good, her thoughts and opinions change about the two brothers.

I picked up this book because some of my friends recommended a book similar to this one and I liked it so I decided to give th
Wyomi Kinjo
I think this book is amazing!! I've read before back in 7th grade, and decided to reread it. I think it's a very quick read, if you're into that romance-y stuff :)

Synopsis:
This book is about Kirsten, a senior in high school, who goes to live with her older sister, Gretchen, for a couple of months. Gretchen is a divorced 24 year old with a 3 year old son named Brett, so when she fell and broke her leg skiing someone had to come help with things around the house. Lucky for her, Kirsten was nice e
Heloisa Imada
AWESOME!
Before start reviewing it, I have to say that this plot has one thing that I love: when the main character (Kirsten) likes other guy and is not even aware of the "perfect guy" love and his hints of showing this to her.
This is exactly what happened here! Kirsten was very into Sean and absolutely clueless that who actually truly liked and cared about her was his brother, Conor (AWESOME), even though he kept showing her that he was much better.
Overall, I really love this book. It's so well
Christie
Icing on the Lake was a cute little love story about a girl who was staying at her sister's house to help her out. Her sister is 7 years older then her, a single mother, who just broke her leg. Kirsten has time off school due to finishing early and working on a final project. She meets this boy and his brother. Then the story gets predictable and a little unrealistic. Girls likes boy, other boy like girls, girl gets confused. Figures out what boy she likes and get to know her sister better in th ...more
Vivian
This book was pretty similar to the book Love on the Lifts. In both of the story's plot there was that guy that the girl originally liked. However later on in the story they end up falling for the guy that has been liking them all along.
I think this shows that love is blind. Or that you don't have to search for love and that it'll come eventually and naturally. I think that both books also show that friendships can lead to relationships because in both books the guy and the girl were just frie
Marjolein Tanunliong
RACHEL HAWTHORNE. CATHERINE CLARK. MELISSA WALKERS. TAMARA SUMMERS. My fav authors on these kind of books :)
Cute easy read. Predictable plot but its a good read if you are just looking for a cute pick me up story.
Nathalia Borghi
Fun and quick to read. Smarter than many other YA books.
Haley
This was pretty anti-climatic. I kept waiting for the turning point, waiting, waiting... And then the book was over. No real story between Conor and Kirsten, nothing. It was a quick read, but because of the writing style I don't think I would visit any other books from this author.
Ashley
Fun cute read! (:
Katie Watkins
Kirsten moves to Minneapolis to help her recently divorced sister with a broken leg and a young child. She literally runs into the Benson brothers and falls for Sean. After a winter of sledding, skating, tubing, and cold walks, she starts to wonder if she's actually falling for the other brother, Conor. A very fluffy high school story.

Content: a handful of language; a boy and girl are forced to spend a night together due to a storm, but nothing happens.
Abby Cookson
Tracy
Feb 09, 2014 Tracy added it
okay
Natasha
This was the VERY first YA teen romace books i have ever read, and let me tell you... it got me HOOKED, ive been reading teen romance books ever since.

this book makes you explore love in different ways. to sum up this book, you basically fall in love with a person that you dont expect. i love this book, it is a light read and you'll find yourself tiggling with emotions over and over and over again. :)
Erika
If thrown together with the other books I've read, this one would definitely not be the one screaming "I'm your favorite!" However, I'm addicted to the light reads provided by Avon publishing. So when thrown together with other books of the same type, then it would have a better chance of getting noticed. These books are always my go-to when I need a quick read or I'm lounging on the boat.
Mojo
Twins, hot twins...he caught my attention alright.
One's hot, cute and friendly
Another's obnoxious, hot, and unfriendly...
MISMATCH

This book brought so much laughter to me as the characters makes jokes and their amazing comebacks. I love how girls become flustered and tongue-tied when talking to guys, it just seems so cute. I really love this book, full of comedy, romance, and adventure!
Svea
This book was so cute!
To be honest, I rooted for Conner from the beginning. Yeah, he was a little rude at some times but I think that just made him even more irresistible for me. I didn't really like Sean. I mean, yes, he was a pretty cool guy but in the end he only cared about himself and his reputation. So I am happy that Kirsten didn't end up with him.
Bethany
This book is a typical quick teen read. It is predictable but still nice to read on a rainy or snowy day. The characters have good development, Kirsten is a relatable girl and it is nice to see how the story plays out. If you are in the mood to read a teen book and want to read it in a few days (or a day), then Icing On The Lake is a good choice.
Tin
The main character's sister provides the perfect description for Kirsten, the leading lady -- sickeningly pessimistic.

Instead of a witty, flirtatious banter, we get awkward exchanges between the lead guy and girl, complete with extreme mood swings, annoying jump-to-conclusions, defensive comebacks, and wrong impressions and assumptions.
Amy Windmiller
this book was really good. It was defiantly a girl book. It was kind of just a book i read because i had nothing else to read. I think the author did a good job in writing this book because a lot of teens can relate to what this book is about. overall fun book to read.
Kricket
i'm working on a teen romance list for work, but haven't actually read that many. i got this from someone else's list. it was so stupid. all of the characters were really immature, the humor was lame, and the actual romance part had no chemistry. disappointing.
Kelsey
This book is good for a short beach read that's for sure, but it's nothing more than that. It took me maybe a few hours to read (which is nice sometimes) and the characters+story were cute, but I fell like they could have extended the story some.
Stephanie Pearson
Adorable. That's all. I loved it. I first got this book a few years go, then i decided to get it on me e-reader too. Icing on the Lake is one of those books that you just have to have in your book collection so you can re-read it every so often.
  • Love on the Lifts
  • Snow in Love
  • Tourist Trap
  • Tropical Kiss
  • Save the Date
  • Lovestruck Summer
  • Summer in the City
  • Killer Cruise
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Sleepless
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Gettin' Lucky
  • Drive Me Crazy
  • Major Crush
  • A Novel Idea
I love reading books for children, young adults, new adults and all the old people after that.

I love writing for pretty much the same audiences.

More about Catherine Clark...
Picture Perfect So Inn Love Maine Squeeze Better Latte Than Never Banana Splitsville (Courtney Von Dragen Smith, #1)