So Inn Love

So Inn Love

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  1,684 ratings  ·  57 reviews

Reservations? Yes. A couple. Like: Is Hayden really as interested in me as I am in him? And is my roommate right should I "beware of hookups"?

Confirmation? Doubtful. Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you said "commitment."

Special Requests? Let me get through this summer without being fired and heartbroken.

Let me fall in love this summer.

Let me be part of the inn crowd.

Published May 29th 2007 by HarperTeen

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareJust Listen by Sarah Dessen
Young Adult Romance
276th out of 2,235 books — 6,980 voters
Perfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah DessenThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
DCPL 's Teen Love & Sex (Some Romance) Booklist, for OWL
164th out of 432 books — 1,644 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Taylor Rector for TeensReadToo.com

Liza takes a summer job at the Tides Inn to make some money, get a tan on the hotel's private beach, and find true love.

When she arrives at the Inn to report for duty things, as expected, do not go as planned.

Instead of working as a front desk clerk she ends up on the housecleaning crew. The dorm that the employees stay in is not nearly as nice as she had hoped. And her former friend that she knew from vacationing in the area with her family acts l...more
Xenia
"You're not here to fall in love over the summer. That would only make everything really complicated.
You're here to save money for college, and just have fun, I reminded myself.
But... wouldn't being in love be fun?"

I love summer books. I actually like to read them all year round, but especially right now when it's July and the weather in Denmark is mostly just sucky, grey and dreary, it's really nice to read about warm, sunny and beachy summers. You know? And this book managed to almost let me...more
Tiffany
Natshane
Summertime = summer jobs = summer romance.
Who hates summer? And out of high school for good? Hell, a few more months until my graduation too!
Liza landed her dream job in an inn far away from home, which meant she would spend her summer away from her house, and so very close to the beach. I'll tell you, she has a thing for salt water. Being a newbie, she felt a little left out on her first few days of work, but she had new friends, Josh and Claire, newbies like her too, a childhood friend turned...more
Amber Skye
This was just the book I needed to kick start my summer vacation. Filled with white sand beaches and crush-worthy lifeguards, So Inn Love had me ready to pack my bags and head for Rhode Island. While it definitely wasn't the deepest or best written novel I've ever encountered, I fell head over heels for this piece of chick lit. Hey, every girl needs her guilty pleasures, right?

As the title promises, the novel is one roller-coaster of young love. Liza, our witty and sarcastic heroine, is such fun...more
Jedaia Rose Doñoz
Elizabeth or Liza works at an inn for the summer. Argh! I don't really know the main plot of the story since in the first place, there wasn't anything that was developed. All I could say was that Liza works at an inn and the book tells us about her summer there and her experiences while working at the inn.

Honestly, the book was quite bland. Reading it was an undesirable experience. I finished reading the book not because I was interested to but just because of the sake of finishing it. I gave i...more
Smitha
It was a quick and easy fun read. I liked the first three quarters of the book, but the last pages were so-so. Elizabeeth, a perky young lady is glad to be accepted as a summer-time worker in a famous and expensive seaside inn which caters to the upper strata. She is in an insipid relationship with her soon to be ex boyfriend and was hankering for a job at the inn. She gets selected, but to her dismay is assigned menial chores, makes friends, is baffled by the coolness exhibited towards her by h...more
Heloisa Imada
3.75 stars (I'm not even sure if it does exist, but well, it's how I fell about this book).
Having read Icing in the Lake and Picture Perfect also by Catherine Clark, I must say that my expectations regarding this book were quite higher than usual.
Sadly, it was a bit disappointing. Don't get me wrong: it isn't a bad book at all but I couldn't avoid feeling annoyed while reading it.
First of all, Liza wasn't one of my fav main charactes. She was just fine, you know? And that thing about really bein...more
Em-em

Emily is finally getting the job that she has always wanted. But what was once her dream job turned ugly when she was suddenly transfered from being a receptionist to housekeeper and finally to being the hotel's official gofer who works on call and round the clock. However, what stirs her vacation and dream job around is a boy named Hayden. While enjoying her dream job she is caught in the whirlwind of romance that has its own secrets to be revealed that may cost her her own heart.

I really regr...more
Ira
Synopsis:

Confirmation? Doubtful. Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you said "commitment."

Let me fall in love this summer.

Let me be part of the inn crowd.

I got this book in the year 2010 and the tittle just caught on me. Many people say summer love is the love that lasts and this...more
Julia
I expected this book to be cheesy and juvenile but, its the opposite of juvenile. You'll figure out why I say that if you read the book.. This book was surprisingly amazing and I couldn't stop reading it! Liza gets a job at the Tides Inn which is an expensive hotel located in a spot where she spent her childhood summers. At this job, she meets Hayden, a hunky lifegaurd. But does she know who Hayden really is? Unknown lexile (not on lexile.com).
Sonja
I don't have a lot to say about this book. It was a fun & easy read. I hadn't noticed when buying it, that it was a teen-book. But soon after I started reading it, it became clear, haha. It's something about the writing style that makes it so "teen", but I can't tell you what it is. I didn't really mind, because it was entertaining enough. But I doubt I'll ever reread it, so I'm glad I only paid 1,50 when I bought it :)

(view spoiler)...more
Caitlin
This was a cute beachy read. It was funny, romantic, and quick. I enjoyed it a lot, there was not a single character that really got on my nerves. Josh and Hayden were great guys. Liza and Claire were awesome. Mr. Knight and the writer were entertaining at the moments they needed to be. The ending was cute and funny, I recommend this book.
Tin
As i've said earlier, So Inn Love is unlike the other Catherine Clark book i've read a couple of weeks back, Icing on the Lake.

Here, the lead characters Liza and Hayden don't beat around the bush when they're trying to express themselves. It is such a relief not to have the typical miscommunication-jumping to conclusion-avoidance tactic-confrontation-kiss and makeup thing, like any other YA novel has. Instead, we are treated with a realistic confrontation that's not too dramatic, and yet not too...more
Kate
I really enjoyed reading this book. I love the Tides Inn, it sounds so fun to work there! The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the storyline was a little repetitive. First, Hayden and Liza would either hit it off together, or do something that would insinuate a relationship of some kind, but than in public Hayden would act like he didn't know Liza. Then, despite the fact that Liza would be mad, she would forgive him for it. Now they would just start the whole process over again. I thin...more
Carmen
The things I like the most about Catherine Clark's books are its easyness to read quality and its simplistic way of making you believe that love can happen anywhere. And I guess once once, she delivered. It was a fast little book to get through but it's not as if I expected otherwise. The book will definitely put you in a summer mood. And for those with those hard summer jobs, it's a book you can fit into your time schedule, and come out believing that maybe you can fall in love if you just open...more
Trexie
this is a good book actually :)
Meagan
So I kind of liked this one in spite of myself. The romance wasn't convincing, the main character was pretty poorly defined, but I rather liked the setting and the post-high school feel of it.

Let's start with the romance. Because of the rather contrived reasons why the boy couldn't be with her and what not, he was never given a chance to develop as a character. But the setting! A character with a full time job and the beach and boys! And who wasn't in high school!
Liza Gilbert
These relatively short, paperback romances check out very well at my library, and I wanted to see why.

I can honestly say that I have little memory of what I read. I felt as if the author didn't trust the reader to understand the story, so she slowed it down and dumbed it down. What I read was sweet and simple, but also boring and mind-numbing.

I think I can live with the mystery of why these check out so well. I'm not willing to continue reading in order to find out.
Kelsey
A nice quick read book to read. Didn't really take me long at all, one of the quickest I've read. The concept was quick. The only ba dpoint to this was it wasn't really indepth everything went quickly done like I felt in parts it was rushed. And sometimes they made me hate the main character Hayden then like him again and yeah it just annoyed me.
But overall if your looknig for a book to take on the plane or in a car ride. I would recommend this.
Megan Shultz
well, I'm gonna be honest. this book would not make the top 50 favorite books that I have read. I'm not saying it was terrible, because it was cute. but I just didn't feel connected to Liza and Hayden's relationship as I did with other book relationships. maybe it had something to do with the lack of description of what the looks like. I don't know, it just dint capture my interest as I thought it would.
Xiao Mei
I would recommend this book to teenagers because it's people are able to relate to it. This book is about romance and focuses on peoples' relationships. It all started with Liza getting a summer job at a hotel in Rhode Island to meeting Hayden. Hayden also works in the same hotel and their relationship begins there. This book is very fun to read and it ended happily with is good. I like happy endings.
Macy
This book was definitely one of the best books i have ever read. It was a love story about a boy and a girl who struggle with publicity issues as they are taking a summer job at the Inn on the beach. It was very interesting all the way through. Unlike some books, it did not get a bit boring at any part. I loved it.
Tiana
Usually I'm all about two characters living happily ever after, but with this couple, I kept waiting (and wanting) for the stuff to hit the fan. When things actually worked out I was a little bleh about it. I guess I just wanted the girl to say, "Forget you and your drama, I'm good on my own." :)
Paola
So.. I love to read this kind of books about summer flings, I guess I expect to have one someday lol. Anyway, I really liked how Liza and Hayden acted together but at some point I thought he was a total douche but in the end I just fell for him. Nice book!
Lauren
read the book a long time ago but read the eBook on my kindle the other day. its really good. the characters have enough detail to keep you interested and the adorable romance between hayden and elizabeth is too die for. i cnt wait till she releases another
Ivana Lara
well at first i thought it was just like other books ,about summer flings .well it s sort of like other stories but there's something in this book that makes me keep on reading .some parts of the story are very interesting .

read so you'll know :)
––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-
An okay summer read to pass the time. I just didn't feel like there was any good chemistry between the two main characters, they got together too soon and too there was too much inner conflicts and unnecessary drama.

Steph Tsai
Jul 28, 2007 Steph Tsai rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance lovers
This book was okay... not the best considering that I loved her other novel Maine Squeeze. There just wasn't enough emotion involved in the writing itself and the characters were not really well developed... neither was the plot.
  • Labor of Love
  • Snow in Love
  • Tropical Kiss
  • Tourist Trap
  • Save the Date
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Killer Cruise
  • Summer in the City
  • Lovestruck Summer
  • What's Hot: (I Heart Bikinis)
  • Love Undercover (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Sleepless
  • Island Summer
  • Gettin' Lucky
  • Puppy Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
I live in Minneapolis, work in Saint Paul, and love crossing the Mississippi River every day because it reminds me of home, growing up in western Mass. Well, that was the Connecticut River, but anyway. Transitive property applies.

I do a lot of posting on Facebook and Twitter - follow me there if you like, until my next book...

I love reading books for all ages. Within reason. I think I'm done with...more
More about Catherine Clark...
Picture Perfect Icing on the Lake Maine Squeeze Better Latte Than Never The Alison Rules