Start by marking “Maine Squeeze” as Want to Read:
Maine Squeeze

Maine Squeeze

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,520 ratings  ·  64 reviews
2 Lobster rolls, 1 w/xtra mayo--yuck!
1 Lm'ade
1 Wtr

Ignore Evan -- Swap Tues to avoid?

Call Ben! RITE AFTR WRK

Get tmrw off - qlty time w/ Ben

Stop lookg @ EVAN!!!
Published May 4th 2004 by HarperTeen (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Maine Squeeze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maine Squeeze

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah Dessen
Young Adult Romance
366th out of 2,543 books — 7,898 voters
Caribbean Cruising by Rachel HawthorneThe Boyfriend League by Rachel HawthorneThrill Ride by Rachel HawthorneLove on the Lifts by Rachel HawthorneSnowed In by Rachel Hawthorne
HarperTeen Romantic Comedies
25th out of 39 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

Wow, I wasn't expecting to be so let down after reading something from Catherine Clark
She always writes cute stories that makes wishing for a romance like that. not with this one though..

(view spoiler)
Tiffany
Ally
I loved this book! It was really good and out of the books that I've read of hers(banana splitsville, rocky road trip, wish you were here) this was defintely my favorite.

Summary:

So basically, there's this girl named Colleen who thinks she has her summer all figured out. Her parents are gone and her friends are living with her (which she's totally looking forward to) and she's planning to spend all of her free time with her boyfriend, Ben. She even has a great job, being a waitress to earn coll
Hope
When I first picked this book up I read the description and put it back. Then I picked it up again because the description confused me why it was an order sheet for a waitress at a restaurant. Then I got intrigued. I almost didn't buy the book but man am I glad I did. This wasn't one of those tear jerker or anything like that but it was cute. I wish there was more romance with Evan so I could see exactly why Colleen liked Evan and didn't like Ben but there wasn't much of that. The book reached a ...more
Jordyn
this book was funny!
it was a drama type of book... but it was like awesome! i would read it like a million times!
Megan
As my fifth contemporary fiction bingo book, I read Maine Squeeze by Catherine Clark. This is about a girl named Colleen who’s parents are going away for the summer and are allowing her to stay in their house with a couple of her closest friends. Everything seems to be going well until she runs into her ex-boyfriend who had moved away during the school year.
I think that overall, this book was alright. The characters were well described but I didn’t enjoy reading about some of their decisions.
Alyssa  Doherty
Maine squeeze by Catherine Clark is a book about a girl named Colleen who has lived on an island in Maine her entire life. This is the summer before she goes to college. She is trying to shuffle friends, boyfriends, and work and she is really confused about what she should do. I liked many aspects of this book, although at times it dragged on. I think people who like books based in Maine or about a regular girl would like this book. This book was pretty good, but not really my kind of book.
Ma
Ani
This is a good book! The main character, Colleen, gets a summer job on an island, and her ex-boyfriend shows up. Not to mention, Colleen already has a new boyfriend, Ben. However, she doesn't exactly break the news to either of them, what kind of relationship they share. Ben doesn't find out until later that Colleen's ex is working at the place she is, and Evan doesn't know until later that Colleen got a new boyfriend. There is definitely tension on the island, and Colleen just can't seem to for ...more
Natalie
Oh man. haha. most of it was decent, but it was pretty cliche and the main character was really annoying. I sadly don't have too much to say about it. it was ok
Melissa
this book was different, it's not like most of the books i read which are more so like Hunger Games, Twilight, etc. but this one is predictable, it's the type of book you would read just for fun to relax and think about summer and try n picture you being at the summer time. I liked the book until the ending. The ending was pointless and didn't really give any closure as to the book being over, i thought there was going to be another chapter because i got the 2 in one book Maine Squeeze edition. ...more
Stephanie Griswold
I read this when I was 12 and I wanted to move to Maine. I have grown out of these books.
Claire
I really liked the book, but their were a lot of typos. Also, the ending was kinda weird. I really liked the book, though.
Camryn Baden
I really liked this book! I liked how all the events just planned out. It defiantly kept me on my toes while reading!
Jen Renbarger
I love me a good brainless chick lit. But this was bad.
Ali
My favorite YA book!
Jini
'kay, so the main character, Colleen, is torn between two guys - her current BF, sweet and stable Ben, and the schmuck who broke her heart last summer, Evan. I don't want her to end up with either of them. This girl - yes, girl, as she's no older than 18 tops - claims to be torn, but she's so self-absorbed about the whole thing, I hope she ends up alone and bitter....yeah, she chose one of them. For an 18 year old, the choice was obvious. Stupid on her part, but obvious.
Izumi
Quilla
Apr 28, 2010 Quilla rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: boy obsessed girls
This book is about a girl named Colleen, and her summer. Her friends move into her house because her parents went to Europe for the summer. She is currently dating a boy named Ben, but when she sees her ex named Evan, she becomes torn between the two. It was awfully shallow, and it had no other events besides BOYS. If you need a quick,summer, beach read then read this to waste time. Not one of my favorite books. I am mad that I wasted two days on this book.
Olivia
I read this book a while ago but I do remember it being a bit cheesy. There was alot of chessyness going on, which is a turn off for me with books. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone really. My friend loved it so much though so it all kinds of depends on who you ask I guess.Then again if you like the cheesy,corny uh weird stuff you may read in a corner with your cat named Bacon then this book is right for you. .
Love and Peace, Olive
Melody McBride
Sassafrass

This was cute. Loved the teenage angst. I thought it was appropriate for the age group although I still a pretty big sap and heart and would love to think that everyone lives happily ever after, even when they are barely 18.

Haley wasn’t my favorite character. I really just felt like she got so mad at Colleen because (view spoiler), but that’s just my opinion.
stacie
ok book. her parents go away for the summer and she has to figure out how to managw roommates and an ex boyfriend. the book just started getting interesting when it ended.
Samantha
As much as i enjoy Catherine Clark as an author, I found this book to be very slow and not as entertaining as some of her other books. The charachter developement took to long and i found myself wanting to stopreading it. I pushed through though and it turned out ok but there are better books by this author.
Samantha
Eh. I really loved Truth or Dairy but this book is nowhere near as good. I did spend a lot of time trying to think about what Maine island it was and didn't come to any conclusions. Oh well.
Allie
This is one of my favorite "beachy reads" that I go back to when I need a small pick me up.

The plot is a bit predictable, as with a lot of teen beach reads, but the characters are interesting and fun-- they feel like friends you want to know better.

Definitively a good vacation read!
Melanie
I did not enjoy this book, it was very juvenile and had a weak plot. More suited for 16-18 yr olds. I thought it would be about summer adventures on an island, instead it was about teens working in a restaurant and a girl who couldn't choose between 2 guys.
Rachel Lee
This book was okay, though I didn't really like the storyline. I guess this book was more on the practical side whilst I like my chick lit to be more on the optimistic side. I would recommend it only if you didn't have anything else to read.
Marie
Oct 15, 2012 Marie added it
eh..It was good, something to defiantly a book to read just to pass the time but it was kinda cliche in a way, theirs nothing wrong with it being cliche it was just kinda ordinary... And the ending didn't do it any justice.
Kelsey Houston

I loved it, it reminded me of my life as I live in Maine as well. I related so well to this whole book. If you live in Maine or a small town and enjoy stories about summer love I very much suggest this book.
Nicole
Quick and easy read. Perfect for the beach or a day off work. I do have to say though that I wasn't too sure why coll wasn't upset about Ben one bit! Then all of a sudden she's with Evan and ONLY Haley cares? Uh okay.
  • Island Girls (and Boys)
  • Snow in Love
  • Tropical Kiss
  • Killer Cruise
  • Tourist Trap
  • Mediterranean Holiday: Or, How I Moved to a Tiny Island and Found the Love of My Life
  • Save the Date
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Do-Over (Royally Jacked, #3)
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Lovestruck Summer
  • Crush du Jour (Simon Romantic Comedies)
I love reading books for children, young adults, new adults and all the old people after that.

I love writing for pretty much the same audiences.

More about Catherine Clark...
Picture Perfect Icing on the Lake So Inn Love Better Latte Than Never How to Meet Boys

“I’m all in favor of recycling everything we can, but it’s strange to see your past walking around with a new identity.” 2 likes
“I had this tendency to think things through a little too much, envisioning things in the future while I completely missed the present.” 2 likes