Start by marking “Maine Squeeze” as Want to Read:
Maine Squeeze

Maine Squeeze

3.62  ·  Rating Details ·  1,689 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
2 Lobster rolls, 1 w/xtra mayo--yuck!
1 Lm'ade
1 Wtr

Ignore Evan -- Swap Tues to avoid?

Call Ben! RITE AFTR WRK

Get tmrw off - qlty time w/ Ben

Stop lookg @ EVAN!!!
Published May 4th 2004 by HarperTeen (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Maine Squeeze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maine Squeeze

Ally
Aug 02, 2012 Ally rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was really good and out of the books that I've read of hers(banana splitsville, rocky road trip, wish you were here) this was defintely my favorite.

Summary:

So basically, there's this girl named Colleen who thinks she has her summer all figured out. Her parents are gone and her friends are living with her (which she's totally looking forward to) and she's planning to spend all of her free time with her boyfriend, Ben. She even has a great job, being a waitress to earn coll
Tiffany
Apr 27, 2010 Tiffany rated it did not like it
Hermela Tefera
Oct 05, 2015 Hermela Tefera rated it liked it
Maine Squeeze by Catherine Clark was overall a good book, but had some put downs. This book is about Colleen Templeton who spends a romantic summer before starting college working at Bob's Lobster, sorting out her feelings for two possible boyfriends, and sharing a house with friends on the tiny Maine island she calls home. Honestly I personally didn't like this book because it was really boring in many parts and also it didn't flow together really well to create a great story. Some things I did ...more
Jul 04, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: to-read-own
Wow, I wasn't expecting to be so let down after reading something from Catherine Clark
She always writes cute stories that makes wishing for a romance like that. not with this one though..

(view spoiler)
Jordyn
Oct 12, 2008 Jordyn rated it it was amazing
this book was funny!
it was a drama type of book... but it was like awesome! i would read it like a million times!
Megan
May 26, 2008 Megan rated it did not like it
As my fifth contemporary fiction bingo book, I read Maine Squeeze by Catherine Clark. This is about a girl named Colleen who’s parents are going away for the summer and are allowing her to stay in their house with a couple of her closest friends. Everything seems to be going well until she runs into her ex-boyfriend who had moved away during the school year.
I think that overall, this book was alright. The characters were well described but I didn’t enjoy reading about some of their decisions.
Lee
Jun 07, 2016 Lee rated it it was ok
Hope
Dec 31, 2014 Hope rated it it was amazing
When I first picked this book up I read the description and put it back. Then I picked it up again because the description confused me why it was an order sheet for a waitress at a restaurant. Then I got intrigued. I almost didn't buy the book but man am I glad I did. This wasn't one of those tear jerker or anything like that but it was cute. I wish there was more romance with Evan so I could see exactly why Colleen liked Evan and didn't like Ben but there wasn't much of that. The book reached a ...more
Alyssa  Doherty
Oct 04, 2012 Alyssa Doherty rated it liked it
Maine squeeze by Catherine Clark is a book about a girl named Colleen who has lived on an island in Maine her entire life. This is the summer before she goes to college. She is trying to shuffle friends, boyfriends, and work and she is really confused about what she should do. I liked many aspects of this book, although at times it dragged on. I think people who like books based in Maine or about a regular girl would like this book. This book was pretty good, but not really my kind of book.
Ma
Ani
This is a good book! The main character, Colleen, gets a summer job on an island, and her ex-boyfriend shows up. Not to mention, Colleen already has a new boyfriend, Ben. However, she doesn't exactly break the news to either of them, what kind of relationship they share. Ben doesn't find out until later that Colleen's ex is working at the place she is, and Evan doesn't know until later that Colleen got a new boyfriend. There is definitely tension on the island, and Colleen just can't seem to for ...more
Melissa
Mar 10, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok
this book was different, it's not like most of the books i read which are more so like Hunger Games, Twilight, etc. but this one is predictable, it's the type of book you would read just for fun to relax and think about summer and try n picture you being at the summer time. I liked the book until the ending. The ending was pointless and didn't really give any closure as to the book being over, i thought there was going to be another chapter because i got the 2 in one book Maine Squeeze edition. ...more
Isabella V
Feb 02, 2016 Isabella V rated it really liked it
"Maine Squeeze" is a book about a teenage girl, named Colleen, who's parents go out of town on vacation for the summer, and they allow her to have two friends stay with her to keep her company. My overall opinion gives this book a thumbs up, because Colleen reminded me a lot of myself. There was the typical teenage drama that took place, including the drama of her working with her ex boyfriend, Evan, who left unexpectedly last summer and returned this summer, which causes tension between Colleen ...more
Quilla
Apr 27, 2010 Quilla rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: boy obsessed girls
This book is about a girl named Colleen, and her summer. Her friends move into her house because her parents went to Europe for the summer. She is currently dating a boy named Ben, but when she sees her ex named Evan, she becomes torn between the two. It was awfully shallow, and it had no other events besides BOYS. If you need a quick,summer, beach read then read this to waste time. Not one of my favorite books. I am mad that I wasted two days on this book.
Jini
Jun 04, 2008 Jini rated it it was ok
'kay, so the main character, Colleen, is torn between two guys - her current BF, sweet and stable Ben, and the schmuck who broke her heart last summer, Evan. I don't want her to end up with either of them. This girl - yes, girl, as she's no older than 18 tops - claims to be torn, but she's so self-absorbed about the whole thing, I hope she ends up alone and bitter....yeah, she chose one of them. For an 18 year old, the choice was obvious. Stupid on her part, but obvious.
Olivia
Sep 27, 2011 Olivia rated it it was ok
I read this book a while ago but I do remember it being a bit cheesy. There was alot of chessyness going on, which is a turn off for me with books. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone really. My friend loved it so much though so it all kinds of depends on who you ask I guess.Then again if you like the cheesy,corny uh weird stuff you may read in a corner with your cat named Bacon then this book is right for you. .
Love and Peace, Olive
Melody McBride
Sep 17, 2013 Melody McBride rated it liked it
Sassafrass

This was cute. Loved the teenage angst. I thought it was appropriate for the age group although I still a pretty big sap and heart and would love to think that everyone lives happily ever after, even when they are barely 18.

Haley wasn’t my favorite character. I really just felt like she got so mad at Colleen because (view spoiler), but that’s just my opinion.
Izumi
Sep 07, 2010 Izumi rated it liked it
Samantha
Mar 21, 2012 Samantha rated it it was ok
Eh. I really loved Truth or Dairy but this book is nowhere near as good. I did spend a lot of time trying to think about what Maine island it was and didn't come to any conclusions. Oh well.
Samantha
Aug 14, 2012 Samantha rated it liked it
As much as i enjoy Catherine Clark as an author, I found this book to be very slow and not as entertaining as some of her other books. The charachter developement took to long and i found myself wanting to stopreading it. I pushed through though and it turned out ok but there are better books by this author.
Kelsey Houston
Jun 13, 2012 Kelsey Houston rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer

I loved it, it reminded me of my life as I live in Maine as well. I related so well to this whole book. If you live in Maine or a small town and enjoy stories about summer love I very much suggest this book.
Allie
May 14, 2010 Allie rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite "beachy reads" that I go back to when I need a small pick me up.

The plot is a bit predictable, as with a lot of teen beach reads, but the characters are interesting and fun-- they feel like friends you want to know better.

Definitively a good vacation read!
Marie
Oct 15, 2012 Marie added it
eh..It was good, something to defiantly a book to read just to pass the time but it was kinda cliche in a way, theirs nothing wrong with it being cliche it was just kinda ordinary... And the ending didn't do it any justice.
Rachel Lee
May 05, 2012 Rachel Lee rated it liked it
This book was okay, though I didn't really like the storyline. I guess this book was more on the practical side whilst I like my chick lit to be more on the optimistic side. I would recommend it only if you didn't have anything else to read.
Nicole
May 21, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it
Quick and easy read. Perfect for the beach or a day off work. I do have to say though that I wasn't too sure why coll wasn't upset about Ben one bit! Then all of a sudden she's with Evan and ONLY Haley cares? Uh okay.
Lauri Saplad
Jul 03, 2015 Lauri Saplad rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, young-adult
A fun summer romance read -- great for the beach. Our main character, Colleen, doesn't quite know what she wants out of life & she's trying hard to figure it all out by the time summer ends and she has to leave for college.
Ebony
Oct 22, 2015 Ebony rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-16
When Colleen's parents leave her alone for the summer she is faced with many troubles; boys being one of the biggest one. I enjoyed the story line of the book. Although I found it to be very predictable so maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much because I knew what was coming.
Melanie
Aug 06, 2011 Melanie rated it did not like it
I did not enjoy this book, it was very juvenile and had a weak plot. More suited for 16-18 yr olds. I thought it would be about summer adventures on an island, instead it was about teens working in a restaurant and a girl who couldn't choose between 2 guys.
Katie Fitzgerald
Jul 24, 2010 Katie Fitzgerald rated it really liked it
No review.
paige d
Sep 02, 2011 paige d rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Good summer read, very predictable
  • Island Girls (and Boys)
  • Snow in Love
  • Tropical Kiss
  • Tourist Trap
  • California Holiday: Or, How the World's Worst Summer Job Gave Me a Great New Life
  • Killer Cruise
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Save the Date
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Gettin’ Lucky
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • Be Mine
  • Something Borrowed
I love reading books for children, young adults, new adults and all the old people after that.

I love writing for pretty much the same audiences.

More about Catherine Clark...

“I’m all in favor of recycling everything we can, but it’s strange to see your past walking around with a new identity.” 2 likes
“I had this tendency to think things through a little too much, envisioning things in the future while I completely missed the present.” 2 likes