Start by marking “Hard Cash (Hard Cash Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hard Cash (Hard Cash Trilogy, #1)

Hard Cash (Hard Cash Trilogy #1)

"Easy Money" Rich is sick of being broke. He can never afford new clothes and has to scrounge off his mates in the pub. The girl he fancies won't look at him twice, and he's pretty sure that life is passing him by.

But soon fortune decides to smile on Richard Steele, and before long, he has more money than he can count -- it's just burning a hole in his pocket. And with th
Published October 1st 2003 by Simon Pulse (first published March 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Hard Cash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Cash

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick NessHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingNoughts & Crosses by Malorie BlackmanHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Best #UKYA Books
447th out of 528 books — 362 voters
Unearthly by Cynthia HandTorment by Lauren KateCrossed by Ally CondieFallen by Lauren KateSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Full Body View
159th out of 204 books — 33 voters

More lists with this book...

Kirsty
Mar 11, 2008 Kirsty rated it really liked it
I read this book during my teens. Most of the books I'd read up until that point were from the female POV, so it was interesting to see it from the male's side. Well written and unputdownable!
Estefy
Jul 24, 2012 Estefy rated it liked it
I want to re-read it, just found out it's part of a trilogy
Becky
Aug 17, 2012 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have had this book on my shelve for about 2 years at least, I just never seemed to get round to it. But as I was having a readathon this week, I cleared my locker at work of books and brought them all home to read and this happened to be in there.
To be honest I didn't know much about them apart from the fact that they appear to be Girly/contemporary novels but told from a boys point of view. This is quite a rare occurrence so that piqued my curiosity. I mean from the cover design it's clear th
Jenny
Feb 04, 2016 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-lit
Jag gillade den här boken. Den var mycket djupare än jag hade förväntat mig och är nog den bästa boken jag läst av Cann hittills. Jag tycker att boken är en bra skildring över hur många känner i min ålder (15 och äldre), det här att man tycker att skolan är tråkig och att man vill klara sig själv.
Dina
I actually found that this book was pretty intresting. It was a story about a guy who doesn't have more cash but definately wishes he were wealthy. Rich (the protagonist) is secretly in love with a girl who isn't exactly in his league. Eventually Rich's wish comes true and he has more money than he can count. Although Rich gets all the money he could ask for it starts to bring him issues later in the novel.

i honestly picked this book only because i thoght the cover art was intresting and i know
Katie
Aug 06, 2014 Katie rated it liked it
Not a bad book at all. The main character is so painfully 17, though. Wish I could shake him to make him get a grip.
Emma Hookins
May 14, 2015 Emma Hookins rated it really liked it
Another great book by Kate Cann
Ayesha Chander
Sep 16, 2009 Ayesha Chander rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ieuan Dolby
Jul 26, 2015 Ieuan Dolby rated it really liked it
Good Book - simple but effective in portraying the need for cash against life - for a youngster anyway. Enjoyed it from beginning to end.
Trisha
Apr 08, 2012 Trisha rated it it was ok
100 pages in and the kid is incredibly irritating.

it was just too tough to look past how annoying the kid was.
Russian Blue
Feb 19, 2012 Russian Blue rated it liked it
I actually think the Swedish cover is much nicer.....read this book in Swedish....
Philip Terence
Jan 24, 2013 Philip Terence marked it as to-read
test
Angie Cain
Angie Cain rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Makaria Pfeiffer
Makaria Pfeiffer rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Vee
Vee added it
Sep 02, 2016
Laura O'Sullivan
Laura O'Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2016
Lucero
Lucero marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Skylar
Skylar marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Katie Bodden
Katie Bodden marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 27, 2016
Laveda
Laveda marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Sarah Wiwchar
Sarah Wiwchar marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Sergio Ruiz
Sergio Ruiz rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
What's The Name o...: Boy falls in love with girl named Porcha trilogy [s] 5 44 Aug 04, 2013 10:12AM
  • Outside Providence
  • Forest Gate: A Novel
  • A Coyote Solstice Tale
  • Ağrı'nın Derinliği
  • Mates, Dates, and Chocolate Cheats (Mates, Dates, #10)
  • Hum
  • Papa You're Crazy
  • A Constant Suicide
  • Lady: My Life as a Bitch
  • The Hoopster
  • Sugar Rush (Sugar, #1)
  • Harde grenzen (Muren van glas, #2)
  • When You Wish
  • Familiar
When I was a child, I wanted to be a witch. My first foray into writing was a series of nasty spells full of rats’ tails and bats’ wings. Then, when I turned thirteen, I began keeping a lurid diary, full of adoration or loathing, depending on who I was writing about. I used my later diaries for the Diving In trilogy.

I never thought ‘I want to be a writer’, but I loved books and writing. At school
More about Kate Cann...

Hard Cash Trilogy (3 books)
  • Shacked Up (Hard Cash Trilogy, #2)
  • Speeding (Hard Cash Trilogy, #3)