The Lover and the Firefly

The Lover and the Firefly

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Is love possible for the number two man in a gang or will he be fighting all his life just to find what he is looking for?

Tony B. is the unofficial number two in the Latin Lovers gang in Brooklyn, NY. He gained the rank and the respect it held because he had known his leader Rickey since grade school and they were best friends.

For a long time Tony had been thinking he wa...more
Published (first published December 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Lover and the Firefly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lover and the Firefly

Dana
I found the gang lore realistic and the romance believable. Dana Littlejohn writes with emotion and depth, and I was pulled into the action along with the characters. Her ‘gangsta’ English lent a very credible feel to the story. I did notice some novice traits, so I’m assuming she’s fairly new to the writing world. I look forward to more of her stories and watching her blossom. I wouldn’t hesitate to read more of her work.

Rating: 3.5 Enchantments
Brett Scott
ENCHANTING REVIEWS
Tony
Sep 16, 2011 Tony rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: z-list
This is definitly a story that should be expanded into a full novel. The story is told from Antoino's point of view and everything takes place in less then forty-eight hours. The glimpse of the people and the world she introduces us to are worth the time. My one qualm is that she may have tried to sanitize the Latin Lovers a bit to much.
Tiffany
This story was good, but I just really found the language used to tell this story to be a bit of a hinderance. I'm just really not a fan of the massacre of the English language and it actually took me longer than it should have to finish it. I guess with this particular story, the language is fitting, but for me, it just wasn't a hit.
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
IchiGoBerri135
IchiGoBerri135 marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2011
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2011
Tameka Manns
Tameka Manns marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2011
Novellette
Novellette marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2009
Dana Littlejohn was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. After spending most of her youth dreaming up stories to pass around the lunch room for her friends to read, she decided that writing was something she wanted to do. As an adult, she took on a new role as mother, wife, and laborer, and her writing took a back seat. In 2003 and with the encouragement of her husband, she picked up her pen aga...more
More about Dana Littlejohn...
Five Hearts Asian Spice The Seven Year Switch  Spanking Cupid Jonathan's Bite of the Apple (The Dioni Chronicles, #2)