Under Cover

Under Cover

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  502 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Sweet Strangers
Renee Jardin never meant to become the world's most sought-after thief. But the minute she walks out of her biotech firm accidentally carrying "The Cure" -- the most important scientific discovery of the century -- she's on the run from ruthless bioengineers, cops, and the U.S. government. Desperate to lose her trackers, Renee lays a full-body kiss on the fi...more
Published October 1st 2004 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2003)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
REPEAT READS
173rd out of 256 books — 27 voters
The Law of Attraction by N.M.  SilberBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaGood in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
Humorous Stories About Relationships
118th out of 141 books — 284 voters

More lists with this book...

Ann
I have NO idea what possessed me to read this book; let alone buy it. The only saving grace is this book was on sale, and I bought it using a gift card. If you like a racy, exotic read then this would be a good one for you. I, personally, like to leave things to the imagination; hence, the point of reading for me.
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~4/5
[Also available on my blog.]

This book is made up of three intertwining short stories, and I kind of loved them. I even kind of wish Davidson’s other stories were a bit more like this. And, oddly enough, I kind of think that Davidson shines a bit more in short stories than in full length novels, which is odd.

The first story, Sweet Strangers, was very much like her normal routine, with a hard edged heroine that doesn’t want to say ‘I love you’ and the sweet guy who is open to admitting it. Sti...more
Lindsey
This book was really 3 short stories. It was hit and miss with me. The last two were fun, but the first one was a little too silly:

Girl on the lamb is being hotly pursued on the first page. She runs into a cute stranger inside of a glass elevator and kisses him as a way to avoid being caught. The kiss turns really hot and when the elevator doors open she is all set to say goodbye forever. Only guess what? That lucky stranger she just mauled is one of the guys looking for her...

*big fake shocked...more
Princess
A cute anthology with three stories that are connected by three people who work for the same biotech firm. The stories are hot and funny with a bit of adventure mixed in. Really quick and witty read.
1000 +
Under Cover - is 3 short stories revolving around a Bio tech firm, a former Head of Security, a bad boy security guard and the genius of the Bio tech firm. We find love, humor, theft, hidden agendas, do gooders and I did mention love right?

Melissa

Reviewer for 1000 + Books to Read
The Flooze
Under Cover contains three connected short stories, each with its own HEA, and a plot that's light but holds your attention.

I just love MaryJanice Davidson. A great mix of humor and romance. She's one of those writers that leaves me smiling and inwardly saying "awww" at the end of every story. Under Cover is a good, quick read.
Jenn
Under Cover is MJ in all her snarky glory. I love her wit! MJ writes strong, no-nonsense women and men who appreciate a woman with equal parts sex appeal and brain power.
Wuthering Heights this is not, but if you want a fun, quick escape with some steamy characters, you can always count on MaryJanice!
Pieofhoney
Nov 18, 2008 Pieofhoney rated it 2 of 5 stars Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to Pieofhoney by: Myself
My second romance novel by a different author. A good title but I wasn't feeling this one really. There were 3 differen't titles in this story..

"Sweet Strangers"
"Lovely Lies"
"Delightful Deception"

Can't really say anything about this book. It just got me clueless a bit.
Carole
This was really more like 3 novellas (which tied together) in one book. It was not the author's best work, but it took up a few hours of my time this morning and kept me from obsessing about the nasty headache I was fighting. I won't be reading it again.
Kathy Davie
Sweet Strangers was definitely sweet! And funny. Well, it is a Davidson, therefore it IS funny. This one was particularly enjoyable.
Lovely Lies Cute. Satisfying. A bit dorky.
Delightful Deception Sweet and a little dorky.
Jessica
This was another fun, sexy read by Ms. Davidson! She writes her books with some humor in them and the characters are amazing and some of them you wish you actually knew them. I definitely recommend this book.
Lori Whitwam
Love MaryJanice. This is a three-story collection, following the path to steamy romance of three inter-connected characters. Each set is totally unique, not cookie-cutter characters, and a fun read.
Jessica
While I like it when characters have a sense of humor, the sarcastic, witty characters here kinda annoyed me. It's like they were always trying to one-up each other with one-liners.
Christy Stewart
I just couldn't get into this. I wont be too harsh about it because reading something when sick doesn't give it a fair shot. Let's just say it wasn't a faith healing read.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Unique! First multiple story book by 1 author that I really enjoyed greatly. The stories were linked, but 2 & 3 went completely separate ways. Again unique! I'm glad I bought it.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
I bought this because it's a MJ Davidson book. It was enjoyable and more erotic than her Betsy books. But honestly, it's forgettable.
Kupie
Silly. Plus reading the numerous sex scenes out loud to my husband made them even more ridiculous. Still, it was a good way to waste a day.
Rachael
I loved all three of these fast, fun, sexy stories. I'm not sure which one was my favorite...they were all great.
Shannon
I think this was a very cute, fun, fast read. I liked all three sets of characters, especially the last.
Kim
Too much boy meets girl, they have wild mutli-orgasmal sex and marry within the week. Not me.
Kelli
I have picked this book back up a number of times. I can't get over how much I enjoy it every time.
Leslie
Reviews for this book mentioned "funny." I would have to say "corny."
Sirelf
A Cute single story book that really need revamped and and a good sequel!
Stephanie Birgel
Enjoyed these short stories. Great writing and funny characters.
Patrice
Nov 02, 2011 Rosanne - Books Are Better Than Pants rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rosanne - Books Are Better Than Pants by: mrsgiggles.com
Fun.
Jayde Maree
Jayde Maree marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Celine Chen
Celine Chen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
  • Secrets: Volume 6 (Secrets Volume, #6; Wyndham Werwolf, #1)
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Jinxed
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • The Whore (Wasteland, #2)
  • Bewitched, Bothered & Bevampyred 2: Fangs Again
  • Unbridled
  • Perfect For The Beach
  • The Gingerbread Dungeon
  • Cat Scratch Fever
  • Tempted
  • Submitting To The Boss (West Coast Hotwifing, #2)
  • First Comes Love
  • The Seduction of an English Lady
  • Undone
  • Men at Work
  • Firebird
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series. She is both a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. She won a 2004 Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and was nominated for the same award in 2005.

MaryJanice's Facebook page:

More about MaryJanice Davidson...
Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4) Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3) Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5)