Start by marking “Under Cover” as Want to Read:
Under Cover

Under Cover

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  584 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Sweet Strangers

Renee Jardin never meant to become the world's most sought-after thief. But the minute she walks out of her biotech firm accidentally carrying "The Cure" -- the most important scientific discovery of the century -- she's on the run from ruthless bioengineers, cops, and the U.S. government. Desperate to lose her trackers, Renee lays a full-body kiss on the fi
Mass Market Paperback, 294 pages
Published October 1st 2004 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Under Cover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under Cover

Pwned by Shannen Crane CampSex in the Title by Zack LoveBreathe by Kristen AshleyNeanderthal Seeks Human by Penny ReidThe Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
Geeky/nerdy romance books
18th out of 113 books — 36 voters
The Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingConfessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaGood in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
Humorous Stories About Relationships
169th out of 198 books — 357 voters

More lists with this book...

R.G.
May 22, 2015 R.G. rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-blogged
Once more this is a group of short stories that are connected as the actions of one person effects others and leads them down different paths so to speak… since it’s Davidson it’s of course filled with humor and even a little silliness that just makes this book such a fun read… personally Lovely Lies is my favorite… I’ve read that one several times… Peter is just a quirky character that usually isn’t seen behind such a big and rugged man… Though starting with Sweet Strangers and Renee trying to ...more
Ann
Mar 25, 2011 Ann rated it it was ok
I have NO idea what possessed me to read this book; let alone buy it. The only saving grace is this book was on sale, and I bought it using a gift card. If you like a racy, exotic read then this would be a good one for you. I, personally, like to leave things to the imagination; hence, the point of reading for me.
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Dec 08, 2012 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, favorites
~4/5
[Also available on my blog.]

This book is made up of three intertwining short stories, and I kind of loved them. I even kind of wish Davidson’s other stories were a bit more like this. And, oddly enough, I kind of think that Davidson shines a bit more in short stories than in full length novels, which is odd.

The first story, Sweet Strangers, was very much like her normal routine, with a hard edged heroine that doesn’t want to say ‘I love you’ and the sweet guy who is open to admitting it. Sti
Lindsey
Sep 20, 2009 Lindsey rated it liked it
This book was really 3 short stories. It was hit and miss with me. The last two were fun, but the first one was a little too silly:

Girl on the lamb is being hotly pursued on the first page. She runs into a cute stranger inside of a glass elevator and kisses him as a way to avoid being caught. The kiss turns really hot and when the elevator doors open she is all set to say goodbye forever. Only guess what? That lucky stranger she just mauled is one of the guys looking for her...

*big fake shocked
Princess Thuy
Feb 23, 2014 Princess Thuy rated it really liked it
A cute anthology with three stories that are connected by three people who work for the same biotech firm. The stories are hot and funny with a bit of adventure mixed in. Really quick and witty read.
Jujubee
Aug 06, 2015 Jujubee rated it really liked it
One of my favorites from this author...maybe because it's not a paranormal and goes at a less hectic pace? Three sweet and smexy novellas, worth your time.
1000 +
Nov 05, 2011 1000 + rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Under Cover - is 3 short stories revolving around a Bio tech firm, a former Head of Security, a bad boy security guard and the genius of the Bio tech firm. We find love, humor, theft, hidden agendas, do gooders and I did mention love right?

Melissa

Reviewer for 1000 + Books to Read
The Flooze
Under Cover contains three connected short stories, each with its own HEA, and a plot that's light but holds your attention.

I just love MaryJanice Davidson. A great mix of humor and romance. She's one of those writers that leaves me smiling and inwardly saying "awww" at the end of every story. Under Cover is a good, quick read.
Serena

My Rating System:
Jenn
Oct 04, 2010 Jenn rated it really liked it
Shelves: keep-in-library
Under Cover is MJ in all her snarky glory. I love her wit! MJ writes strong, no-nonsense women and men who appreciate a woman with equal parts sex appeal and brain power.
Wuthering Heights this is not, but if you want a fun, quick escape with some steamy characters, you can always count on MaryJanice!
Pieofhoney
Nov 18, 2008 Pieofhoney rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to Pieofhoney by: Myself
My second romance novel by a different author. A good title but I wasn't feeling this one really. There were 3 differen't titles in this story..

"Sweet Strangers"
"Lovely Lies"
"Delightful Deception"

Can't really say anything about this book. It just got me clueless a bit.
Carole
Nov 18, 2011 Carole rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-book
This was really more like 3 novellas (which tied together) in one book. It was not the author's best work, but it took up a few hours of my time this morning and kept me from obsessing about the nasty headache I was fighting. I won't be reading it again.
Kathy Davie
Nov 05, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Sweet Strangers was definitely sweet! And funny. Well, it is a Davidson, therefore it IS funny. This one was particularly enjoyable.
Lovely Lies Cute. Satisfying. A bit dorky.
Delightful Deception Sweet and a little dorky.
Jessica
Oct 15, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another fun, sexy read by Ms. Davidson! She writes her books with some humor in them and the characters are amazing and some of them you wish you actually knew them. I definitely recommend this book.
Lori Whitwam
Mar 22, 2009 Lori Whitwam rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
Love MaryJanice. This is a three-story collection, following the path to steamy romance of three inter-connected characters. Each set is totally unique, not cookie-cutter characters, and a fun read.
Alyssa Edmonds
Oct 03, 2014 Alyssa Edmonds rated it it was amazing
These three stories were way too short! What a hot read! I could read it over and over but sadly enough I won't. I will definitely read more of Davidson's books however. WOW!
Jessica
While I like it when characters have a sense of humor, the sarcastic, witty characters here kinda annoyed me. It's like they were always trying to one-up each other with one-liners.
Christy Stewart
I just couldn't get into this. I wont be too harsh about it because reading something when sick doesn't give it a fair shot. Let's just say it wasn't a faith healing read.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Apr 18, 2013 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-i-own
Unique! First multiple story book by 1 author that I really enjoyed greatly. The stories were linked, but 2 & 3 went completely separate ways. Again unique! I'm glad I bought it.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I bought this because it's a MJ Davidson book. It was enjoyable and more erotic than her Betsy books. But honestly, it's forgettable.
Kupie
May 18, 2010 Kupie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silly. Plus reading the numerous sex scenes out loud to my husband made them even more ridiculous. Still, it was a good way to waste a day.
Rachael
Sep 06, 2012 Rachael rated it really liked it
I loved all three of these fast, fun, sexy stories. I'm not sure which one was my favorite...they were all great.
Shannon
Apr 16, 2010 Shannon rated it really liked it
I think this was a very cute, fun, fast read. I liked all three sets of characters, especially the last.
Kim
Sep 30, 2008 Kim rated it it was ok
Too much boy meets girl, they have wild mutli-orgasmal sex and marry within the week. Not me.
Kelli
Mar 14, 2009 Kelli rated it it was amazing
I have picked this book back up a number of times. I can't get over how much I enjoy it every time.
Leslie
Nov 17, 2011 Leslie rated it did not like it
Reviews for this book mentioned "funny." I would have to say "corny."
Michael
May 02, 2012 Michael rated it really liked it
A Cute single story book that really need revamped and and a good sequel!
Stephanie Birgel
May 04, 2011 Stephanie Birgel rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Enjoyed these short stories. Great writing and funny characters.
Patrice
Dec 02, 2010 Patrice rated it really liked it
Sweet Strangers :)
Lovely Lies :)
Delightful Deception :)
Emily
May 27, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Three cute stories that are wonderfully written.
  • Jinxed
  • The Whore (Wasteland, #2)
  • The Gingerbread Dungeon
  • A Game of Dress-Up
  • Unbridled
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
  • Submitting To The Boss (West Coast #2)
  • Perfect for the Beach
  • Cat Scratch Fever
  • Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Back Roads (Glens Crossing, #1)
  • The Ultimate Kink (Quinn Security, #2)
  • Tempted
  • Bewitched, Bothered & Bevampyred 2: Fangs Again
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • First Comes Love
  • Northland (The North Novels, #2)
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series. She is both a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. She won a 2004 Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and was nominated for the same award in 2005.

MaryJanice's Facebook page:

More about MaryJanice Davidson...