Start by marking “Night Secrets” as Want to Read:
Night Secrets

Night Secrets

Book after book, New York Times bestselling author Kat Martin wins extraordinary acclaim from readers and reviewers alike, for her fresh, sexy novels that combine adventure, wit, and romance. Now Kat takes you to England, America, and the high seas for a tempestuous voyage of the human heart-a journey you'll never forget...

Their passion was a force of nature, as wild and p
Published May 15th 1999 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Night Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Secrets

Lucy Herondale

Definitely the worst Kat Martin book I've read so far.

Marcus and Brandy's relationship was all kinds of wrong.

First of all, I didn't like how he thought of her as a child, which I sort of thought it too due to her childishness, yet entertained sexual thoughts about her almost from the get go.

The fact he kept using the words 'sweet' and 'little' to describe her just strengthened this feeling.

Also, what can I say about a man who has sex with a young, naive woman that is virtually alone and defense
Erycca
Nov 07, 2011 Erycca rated it it was ok
I think my favorite part of this book was the afterword from the author. She was inspired by the song "Brandy" and I enjoyed that she wrote a book from that inspiration. Aside from that, the book wasn't highly sensual, nor did it have any major plot twists that really caught my attention. It was a decent romance, easy reading but not mind-blowing.
Beth
Jan 24, 2017 Beth rated it it was ok
I'm disappointed to say that this is my least favorite Kat Martin book so far. I usually find her writing to be fun and passionate, and I felt that this story, and these characters, had all the makings for another wonderful book... they just didn't quite hit the mark.

(view spoiler)
Lila Leblanc
Oct 09, 2016 Lila Leblanc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Great story I know I love a book when I cry I have read this book again and again I love kat martin books and this didn't disappointed
Angela
Oct 22, 2015 Angela rated it really liked it
Where the publishers get the names for some of these books.... The title Night Secrets definitely does NOT give you any sort of idea what this book is about, so here goes:

Brandy is a tavern wench in America. Marcus is the captain of a merchant ship, for a shipping company he also owns. They've known one another for years, and during that time she's secretly harbored a love for him while he continues to think of her as a child.

That is, until he discovers she's stowed away on his ship en route for
L8blmr
Aug 05, 2009 L8blmr rated it liked it
Other than the novelty of this story being based on a 3-4 minute song from the 60's (Brandy, you're a fine girl, what a good wife you would be, but my life, my lover, my lady, is the sea.) there isn't a lot new and different about this book. I found the first portion of the book where the hero and heroine meet(and more) enjoyable but the second half was so full of self-loathing and angst that I had trouble wading through it to get to the HEA, which was a bit contrived. Still, I enjoy much of Ms. ...more
Alex
Mostly skimmed it

Alex's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
M
Jun 20, 2016 M rated it it was amazing
Takumay Diazsingco
Dec 10, 2014 Takumay Diazsingco rated it liked it
Shelves: p-book
INAMAW!!!

"I prayed you would come. I prayed just as hard that you would not"

"Please, He silently prayed, make her go away. But even as he thought these words, another, even more fervent plea rose inside him. Please, GOD, Let her STAY.."

KITAM...INAMAW DYUD!!!!
Shelley
Jun 21, 2015 Shelley rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I laughed, I cried, and I hurt when ever Marcus would leave. It was such a moving story that I had a hard time putting it down. Thank you for such a great read.
Sherry
Oct 12, 2009 Sherry rated it really liked it
The life of Brandy is not enviable. She dares to dream of seeing the world and stowes away. You expect the same boy chases girl kind of story but there are twist and turns, making it a good read.
Sigma
Jul 30, 2008 Sigma rated it really liked it
Very smexy. I thought this book was a little boring in parts however, but that may have been because of the location for near most of the novel.
Aug 11, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, own-it
Stowaway girl on a merchant ship, the captain has been her hero and crush so of course he'll not be too mad she thinks, right? Wrong. Drama & sex with a smidge of romance.
Cara
Mar 26, 2013 Cara rated it really liked it
Surprisingly nautical, clearly Kat did some research. Definitely worth the read even if it was a bit ridiculous at times.
Karen Amelse
Karen Amelse rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Formidable Passion
Formidable Passion rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2011
Shauna
Shauna rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
Bright Star Review
Bright Star Review rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2010
Krista Pratt
Krista Pratt rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2011
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Senora
Senora rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2012
Candace
Candace rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Pat
Pat rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2011
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Xyjazzer bautista lalimarmo
Feb 14, 2015 Xyjazzer bautista lalimarmo rated it really liked it
nice and it more excitement!
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2008
Dec 27, 2015
  • Green Eyes
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Undone
  • Speak Only Love (Regency Duo, #1)
  • No Gentle Love
  • The Prize (deWarenne Dynasty, #4)
  • After the Kiss (Captive Hearts,#2)
  • Pirate
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
  • Fire & Ice
  • The Veil of Night (Night, #1)
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • Captive Mistress
  • Blue Moon (The Runaways, #3)
  • When There is Hope
  • The Pirate's Jewel (Pirate, #2)
  • Devil's Mistress
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and also studied History at the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read
More about Kat Martin...