Start by marking “Hawai'i Land of Volcanoes” as Want to Read:
Hawai'i Land of Volcanoes

Hawai'i Land of Volcanoes

The text and images of this book take a sweeping view of the world of Hawaii and its volcanoes. They are studied from a geological standpoint, along with the oral traditions of ancient Hawaiians, and the reactions of early Western observers. Current issues are also covered, such as the impact of live volcanoes on a rocky countryside with an expanding population.

Dramatic p

Published November 1st 2000 by Mutual Publishing (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Hawai'i Land of Volcanoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hawai'i Land of Volcanoes

Beth
Apr 07, 2016 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up at the botanical gardens near Hilo because I wanted to learn more about volcanoes and about the formation of the Hawaiian islands.

It was good and informative and jibed with what we had learned in Volcanoes National Park and from our guide on a waterfall hike, Eric.

This was a nice primer but I need to find something more substantial that delves into it a little deeper. It's a fascinating subject for me and I want to learn more!
TJ
Jun 05, 2016 TJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased this book on a trip to the Big Island based on flipping through and seeing some of the great photos. I didn't expect such great information. The author takes you through the history of volcanoes and people involved, etc. It was really interesting and I found it hard to put down. I learned a few things too and that surprised me because I had been at the Island and been learning a lot and thought I had heard it all. The photos are all amazing.
Amilia Jackie
Amilia Jackie rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Mikkel Louis
Mikkel Louis marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Jeremy Israel
Jeremy Israel marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Amber Draper
Amber Draper rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Kirk T
Kirk T added it
May 17, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2012
Lemuel
Lemuel added it
Apr 27, 2011
Jim Doyle
Jim Doyle rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2010
Carol
Carol added it
Jun 02, 2009
Sonia
Sonia rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2009
David
David marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2007