Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Nothing But Velvet (Litchfield, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nothing But Velvet (Litchfield, #1)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating

Nothing But Velvet (Litchfield #1)

by
3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  399 ratings  ·  28 reviews
From the depths of an English forest to glittering ballrooms to the scaffold's dark shadow, ride the path of temptation with Kat Martin...

Lovely Velvet Moran has renounced all thoughts of love. To save her family from ruin, she will wed the hard-faced Duke of Carlyle. But instead of becoming a nobleman's bride, Velvet finds herself a notorious highwayman's prize-her resolv...more
Mass Market Paperback, 401 pages
Published July 15th 1997 by St. Martin's Press (first published 1997)
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Nothing But Velvet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing But Velvet

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 779)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
IzamaRi H. Fabela
Velvet es una joven desesperada que tiene que casarse antes de que la temporada termine si no quiere que su familia caiga en la desgracia. Ella cree que su salvación es Avery, duque de Carlyle. Lo que no sabe es que Avery esa en la misma situación que ella, y lo que es peor, el duque tiene un pasado muy oscuro.
Por su parte Jason Sinclair busca vengarse de aquel quien le destrozo la vida. Culpado por un crimen que no cometió, Jason ha pasado los últimos ocho años en la miseria, haciendo cosas imp...more
Anita Fleming
Classic Historical Romance - good plot, great sex and a hot alpha hero. Velvet, an improvished noblewoman is on her way to marry a Duke for his fortune. She is kidnapped and held so the wedding can't take place by Jason. Jason was framed for the murder of his father by his brother, Avery, the Duke Velvet is set to marry. Everyone thinks Jason was killed in prison. Jason is out to right the wrong done to him and Velvet wants to help. She ends up falling in love with him.
Elis Madison
As a young man, Jason Sinclair…



His lover and half-brother set him up for his father's murder. This leaves Avery, his half-brother, the new Duke of Carlyle. Jason was sentenced to hanging, but (long story which will be dealt with later in the book) he was instead transported to the "colonies." Where bad things happened.

He returns to England a changed man.



Velvet Moran and her grandfather are desperate—her father gambled away the family fortune. They've sold off everything but the furniture in the...more
Flor
Es el segundo libro de esta autora que leo y no consigo entender porqué las críticas son tan buenas, es un libro por debajo del montón. Jason el protagonista es demasiado histérico, que si la quiere, pero que no la quiere, que la quiere en la cama, que no que no porque es una dama.
Nicole
okay. this book had way too much going on.
Manuela
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
❀ Mary ❀
Jason Sinclair es un noble aristócrata que cuando lo conocemos al comienzo del libro es un joven ciegamente enamorado de una mujer que complota con su hermano, Avery, para asesinar a su padre, el Duque de Carlyle, y poder quedarse con el ducado. Jason es acusado falsamente del asesinato de su padre y sentenciado a muerte... pero los planes no le salen nada bien a Avery y Jason es enviado a Georgia como esclavo donde pasa ocho años hasta que él pueda escapar y volver para recuperar lo que le pert...more
Vallsykes
Read this way back. I will have to refresh my memory more before I rate it.
Paola Militza
Simplemente no me gustó.
Eli
Es el segundo libro de esta autora que leo y no consigo entender porqu�� las cr��ticas son tan buenas, es un libro por debajo del mont��n. Jason el protagonista es demasiado hist��rico, que si la quiere, pero que no la quiere, que la quiere en la cama, que no que no porque es una dama.
LJ
Nothing but Velvet - G+
Kat Martin
To save her family from ruin, Velvet Moran agrees to wed the arrogant Duke of Carlyle but finds herself the captive of notorious highwayman Jason Sinclair, falsely accused of murder and on a mission to recover his stolen dukedom.
Aldy
Tiene buenos momentos esta pareja pero se vuelve demasiado predecible el libro ya cuando va por el 10% del mismo, se puede deducir finalmente como van a ir cayendo las piezas de este rompecabezas y todo pasa muy lentamente para lo obvio que es.
Prisma
Another "goodie" by Ms. Martin. I've actually been wanting to read this one for quite sometime but wasn't able to get my hands on it. It was definitely worth the wait. I also recommend reading Lucien's story "Silk and Steel".
Tiffany
was okay. some weak plot points. nothing interesting done with names and maybe a few other unturned corners. cliche issues for the man who thinks he's done a horrible thing that turns out to be more in line of heroic.
Ana
A lot of things are happening all at once in this book. The kidnapping, the love story, the murders, a secondary pairing, a bit of a flashback once or twice. Just keep your eye on the price and you'll be fine ;)
Shelly
So happy the cover wasn't a bodice ripper. Good story-a bit complicated and not fully tied together for the reader.
Lenz
This is one of the books that got me hooked into reading English ones. xx So love Jason Sinclair. xx
Abha
needed a mindless reread. one of my favorite historical romances from back in the day.
Brandi Zolvinski
It was an enjoyable read. However it failed to make my keeper shelf.
Shiraz
the first romance novel I think I ever read...
Erotic Horizon
Nov 20, 2008 Erotic Horizon marked it as to-read
Nothing But Velvet by Kat Martin (1997)
Frances Fuller
Book was a 3 star, the ending a 1 = 2
Ewa
Jul 07, 2012 Ewa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: audio
Very good.
Lilly
Feb 17, 2012 Lilly added it
I loved this book!
Jessica Alcazar
I love this woman!
Jennifer
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 25 26 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • Deceived
  • Runaway (Florida Civil War, #1)
  • Chance The Winds of Fortune
  • A Taste of Paradise
  • Forbidden Love
  • Who Will Take This Man? (Regency, #1)
  • Highland Fling (Highland, #1)
  • Bold Conquest
  • The Wedding Wager
  • A Valentine Wedding
  • A Whisper of Roses
  • My False Heart (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron, #1)
  • Princess of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Beyond Scandal (Saint Georges, #1)
  • Gabriel's Bride
  • In the Night (Ryland Brothers, #4)
  • The Last Bachelor (Mistress, #1)
49381
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and History from the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read an unpublis...more
More about Kat Martin...
Against the Wind (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #1) Against the Law (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #3) Against the Storm (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #4) Against the Fire (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #2) The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy #1)

Share This Book