Start by marking “Kristy's Mystery Admirer (The Baby-Sitters Club, #38)” as Want to Read:
Kristy's Mystery Admirer (The Baby-Sitters Club, #38)

Kristy's Mystery Admirer (The Baby-Sitters Club #38)

3.56  ·  Rating Details ·  1,385 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
One of a series of stories that revolve around the babysitters club. Of all the babysitters, Kristy's the last one anyone would expect to have a secret admirer. But someone is sending her mushy notes with hearts all over them.
Published June 1st 1996 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published October 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Kristy's Mystery Admirer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kristy's Mystery Admirer

Shira
Mar 19, 2016 Shira rated it liked it
this is my first time reading this book!

kristy gets mystery admirer notes that are very lovey-dovey and wonders if bart, coach of the bashers, is the one sending them. eventually the letters start to get mean and creepy, and she believes that an escaped mental patient is sending them to her with the intention of kidnapping her for a huge ransom from watson. because she is dumb. and she had talked loudly about the letters in front of cokie, and cokie was paying a lot of attention to her while she
Ciara
Sep 11, 2010 Ciara rated it it was ok
the book opens with kristy's krushers winning their first ever game againast bart's bashers. they are elated, though kristy is concerned that bart will be upset that her ragtag collection of misfits beat his little league-caliber players. but bart's not upset, & even offers to walk kristy home. they have a really nice talk & bart suggests that they might see each other soon. they also decide to stage a "world series" between the krushers & the bashers...which will consist of exactly ...more
Swankivy
Apr 22, 2013 Swankivy rated it it was ok
A boy mystery again?? I kinda liked Kristy most of the time because she wasn't as empty-headed and silly about boys as the rest tended to be, but this time Kristy's got a secret admirer. She's wondering for some of the book whether it's Bart, the guy who coaches Bart's Bashers (rivals to her Kristy's Krushers). Despite being opponents, they've been getting along well based on common interests (wow, refreshing--people who have something in common like each other?). So when Kristy starts getting w ...more
Laura Hughes
Apr 07, 2013 Laura Hughes rated it did not like it
Shelves: babysitters-club
Kristy gets notes from a secret admirer. At first they’re sweet, if sort of simplistic ("I think you are nice") and Kristy wonders if they are from Bart, the rival kids’ softball coach she likes. But when the notes get creepy ("Violets are blue, blood is red, I’ll remember you when you are dead"), Kristy hopes she doesn’t have a crush on a psychopath. It turns out that Bart did write the first one, but the rest were knock-offs made by (guess who?) Cokie Mason, as comemmoration of/revenge for the ...more
Julie Decker
Jul 11, 2014 Julie Decker rated it it was ok
Kristy's getting secret admirer notes and she thinks they might be from Bart--she doesn't really have anyone else to suspect, and he's the natural suspect, considering they both coach softball teams and have been having some positive flirty interaction lately. But then the anonymous notes start to sound threatening, as if the person involved wanted to sweeten her up and then scare her silly. If Bart was behind the sweet notes, how can she face him now that they've taken such a disturbing turn?

Th
Wickedlyunique
Jan 04, 2011 Wickedlyunique rated it it was amazing
hannaH
Mar 06, 2011 hannaH rated it it was ok
Kinda boring. Although there is one truly brilliant moment when Shannon says to Kristy, (paraphrased) "You think your secret admirer is a girl? Why would a girl be writing you love letters?!" And we all chortle, because now we understand the lesbian subtext that exists in the BSC.
Sally
Apr 29, 2009 Sally rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, bsc
Cokie was such a bitch. Also, 'Cokie'? What the hell kind of nickname is that?
Lisa
Mar 21, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
3.5. Was glad to see The Krushers back in action :)
Rina
Jul 17, 2011 Rina rated it liked it
Out of not so many BSC books I have read, this is one of the most entertaining ones.
The story started with a match between Krushers and Bashers and I immediately fell in love with these non-athletic kids. It was a good alternate to the usual book opening of describing the Babysitters Club itself.

Despite of obvious storyline (yes I know, this is not an adult detective novel), I found the storyline very enjoyable, and I couldn't put down the book till I reached the end.
My little bit of disappointm
Jenn
Dec 12, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bsc
"Who is sending Kristy love letters?" I'll give you a hint...it's not Shannon Kilbourne. And it rhymes with "Cokie Mason"...oops, did I give it away? ;) This book was basically a repeat of Mary Anne's Bad Luck Mystery, just with Kristy this time. Kristy starts getting love notes from a secret admirer with sickening sweet poems and heart stickers (which she kind of likes) and she thinks they are from Bart, so she asks him to the Halloween Hop. Very forward of her. He says yes, they start hanging ...more
Rachel Brand
Usually I love Babysitters club books - even ones I didn't first read as a child - but this one didn't do much for me. In fact, it seemed like a cheap rip-off of the book about Mary Anne's bad luck charm. Still, it was all I had the chance to read during Fresher's week as it didn't require a lot of time or concentration! 6/10

---

Upon my second reading of this book in on 16/01/10 (this time during exam week) I found that I enjoyed the book more. The mystery admirer plot was a bit boring since it w
Alex
I had to re-read this for Halloween!

I always loved this one, even though it's pretty ridiculous. Somehow I never realized as a kid that Cokie pulls off the exact same stunt here as book 17, and outs herself the exact same way too. What an idiot.
Mabel
Jan 09, 2016 Mabel rated it liked it
I really like this book and in fact its so good i feel like ive been picked up and been put in the book to feel the thrilling experiences with kristy. All together In the end i think this is a great book and i defenitly recommend it.
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Vibha★
Jan 21, 2013 Vibha★ rated it really liked it
I loved reading Baby-Sitters club when I was 11.The books kept me interested right till the end.I always adored Kristy and was glad somebody liked and had a crush on her.Bart was a pretty good guy.The book started with a match betweeen Kristy's Krushers and Bart's Bashers.It was the perfect beginning for the book.
GraceWastheAnswer
Jun 11, 2010 GraceWastheAnswer rated it it was ok
This one is the exception. Two stars for tween and two stars as an adult. Otherwise subtract one star for my review as an adult, for the BSC.

I remember how I felt about this one. I just kept saying eww... But it was the BSC!
Tara Calaby
Sep 13, 2015 Tara Calaby rated it it was ok
Shelves: junior-fiction
I was already a bit too old by the time the Babysitters Club books started appearing in our school book club options, but I enjoyed the early books in the series nonetheless.
Rhiannon1220
Aug 06, 2008 Rhiannon1220 rated it really liked it
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
Kirstin
Jul 18, 2011 Kirstin rated it it was amazing
Ok, Ok, I would understand Claudia having a secret admirer, or even Stacey..But..KRISTY?! REALLY??????
Maria Elmvang
The girls really are very, very naive. *sigh* I hope I wasn't quite as clueless back when I was 13.
Bridgette Collins
I thought this book was a tad unrealistic. If I was Kristy I would have gone to the cops.
Amie
Dec 22, 2014 Amie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bsc
Another one I forgot reading. I love that I log everything now.
Kate
Who is Kristy's mystery admirer? It couldn't be Alan, could it?
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 Amy Holcomb rated it it was amazing
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Sarah B
Jan 11, 2011 Sarah B rated it did not like it
06-14-2009
Cws
JAR4 Mar
Trista
Trista marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Kelly Mannion
Kelly Mannion rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
  • Sneaking Out (Sweet Valley Twins, #5)
  • Patti's Luck (Sleepover Friends, #1)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)