Start by marking “Treasure Hunt” as Want to Read:
Treasure Hunt

Treasure Hunt

3.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Tilly loves treasure-hunting - and so does her family. Tilly's mum hides Tilly's breakfast banana in the kitchen. Tilly's dad hides Tilly's toy rabbit in the garage. On Tilly's birthday, Tilly's grandma hides chocolate money all over the house... And Tilly hunts for it. My treasure! she cries when she finds it. But at bedtime, it's Tilly's mum and dad who do the hunting! A ...more
Published 2002 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about Treasure Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure Hunt

Shannon Stinnette
Feb 26, 2014 Shannon Stinnette rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
This story describes the life in a day of a toddler named Tilly. Her parents hide various ordinary objects from her which she "seeks" and deems as her "treasure". This banter back and forth between Tilly and her parents with "hide and seek" is cute and the ending is sweet as well. Tilly's parents find her at the end of the story and deem her their treasure.
Karen
Feb 02, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
This book is cute, I guess, although it is a little hard to see the illustrations. But it is not especially good, clever, or original.
Kaethe
Jul 16, 2014 Kaethe rated it did not like it
the pictures are too small

It's not the usual criticism, I know, but if you're reading it and holding it for a young one to share, you don't want to juggle a magnifying glass as well. Go bigger!
Brielle
I thought this book was cute, but there was not a lot of context in the book.
Marit
Oct 22, 2012 Marit added it
Shelves: environment
This book was really great, and I loved the cute stories about the girl who tryed to find all kinds of things around in her house and everywhere. I used this book for an activity with two-years old children, but I think this book had a little bit too small pictures for it to be interesting for the children. So after that experience, I would recommend this book for older children. The book was great, but again, a little bit to small pictures.
Heila
Oct 18, 2014 Heila rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Real cute. I love the ordinary, daily things in the illustrations and the story. I also love that it's modern. Both the mom and dad wear cargo shorts on a picnic. (: Just gentle, loving family life, complete with messes. Nice story.
Linda
Dec 26, 2011 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Tilly does love treasure-hunting - and so does her family. I loved finding her cute blue bunny rabbit throughout the pages, but otherwise I found the illustations a little, well, 'messy' to see easily. Better for a 3-4 year old than 2.
Mar 04, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: kidlit, picture-books
This is a fun one for toddlers who are in the hide-and- seek stage. A little girl's parents hide her favorite things for her to find, her treasures. Dainty pastel drawings with lots of detail lead us through her wanderings.
Leyla
May 13, 2013 Leyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, jennifer
I loved the illustrations! My daughter loved the detail of each illustration once she realized it things were hidden. We had to go back and reread until she too had found each treasure. Thanks a ton goodreads!!
Preschool SLJ
Parent/ child story of treasure hunts the parents create for the toddler. Good illustrations, but not for library storytimes.
Arminzerella
Cute. Tillie likes to find things, so her parents play along and hide "treasures" for her to discover. Adorable little girl.
Sarah Stumphf
Nov 18, 2013 Sarah Stumphf rated it really liked it
Cute little story about little Tilly and how she loves to treasure hunt. Full of great ideas for entertaining a toddler.
Shelli
May 21, 2008 Shelli rated it it was amazing
what a wonderful idea for a fun and simple way to play with your children - read it and add it's example with your day.
June
Jan 30, 2013 June rated it liked it
Recommends it for: treasure requests
This wasn't real popular and I think the appeal is more for the parent. Pictures are really too small for groups.
Tina
I think Henry liked the thought of the treasure hunt but the illustrations were lacking in imagination.
Ubalstecha
Mar 26, 2011 Ubalstecha rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
Cute little story with very sweet illustrations about a family's little hide and seek rituals.
Beverly
Oct 07, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Adorable, sweet story, with a few things for readers to search for in the illustrations.
Cindy
Mar 15, 2010 Cindy rated it liked it
I was looking for Baby Catalog, and got this instead. Still a fun read.
Molly
A nice choice for toddler or baby storytimes
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Elise
Elise added it
Jun 01, 2016
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Mrs. Zoe R. Baxter
Mrs. Zoe R. Baxter rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Allan Ahlberg, one of the most acclaimed and successful authors of children's books - including the best-selling Jolly Postman series - says that he dreamed of becoming a writer since the age of twelve. But his route to that goal was somewhat circuitous.

Other jobs along the way included postman (not an especially jolly one, he recalls), gravedigger, plumber, and teacher.

The author wrote his firs
More about Allan Ahlberg...