Start by marking “The Flawless Consulting Fieldbook and Companion: A Guide to Understanding Your Expertise” as Want to Read:

Don't venture into the consulting field without this essential Fieldbook & Companion! Following on the heels of the best-selling Flawless Consulting, Second Edition comes The Flawless Consulting Fieldbook and Companion. Whether you work as a consultant or you work with consultants, this relentlessly practical guide will be your best friend as you discover how consultin ...more
Published November 6th 2000 by Pfeiffer (first published October 22nd 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Flawless Consulting Fieldbook and Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flawless Consulting Fieldbook and Companion

Kevin Gross
Apr 10, 2015 Kevin Gross rated it really liked it
There are a lot of excellent chapters in this collection of articles on consulting, but there are a few duds as well. The book's focus is generally on the very soft-skills end of consulting: group psychology, organizations, change management. Well worth reading for anyone who provides "outsider" advice to leaders and organizations, but skip the chapters that don't click for you.
Don Massenzio
Jan 26, 2015 Don Massenzio rated it really liked it
A number of years ago, I found myself without a job for the first time in my adult life. At 40, this was scary until I woke up one morning, created a subchapter-S corporation and became a consultant. This book, along with others by Peter Block, was a significant help in getting started and having the confidence to persevere for two years independently. Now I'm a consultant in a big four firm and the things I learned from this book still ring true.
Pamela
Sep 24, 2013 Pamela rated it it was amazing
I am not a cerified consultant yet and this book will help me to understand consulting. I know for many business people such as myself will need to know how to improve their ideas of consulting to be successful.

This book is a companion piece for Flawless Consulting A Guide To Getting Your Expertise Used, and of those who do consulting full time or in their role as leader both books will give great insite to working with others even in networking. I plan to keep both these books in arms reach to
Lori
Jan 10, 2014 Lori rated it really liked it
Good companion to flawless consulting. Not all that I was expecting, though helpful.
May 11, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Had to read this for a college course I was editing. Nice work by Mr. Block.
Vibhu
Vibhu added it
Sep 22, 2016
Abu Zafar
Abu Zafar marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Bobby Valentine
Bobby Valentine marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Marcell Csiszar
Marcell Csiszar marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Tammi
Tammi marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Kalpesh Nawandar
Kalpesh Nawandar marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Kimberly Jeanine
Kimberly Jeanine marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Brian Gough
Brian Gough marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Paul Franklin
Paul Franklin rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Mercy Ugochukwu
Mercy Ugochukwu is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2016
Anwer Qureishi
Anwer Qureishi rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Katalin
Katalin marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Kathy Jo
Kathy Jo marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Matthias
Matthias marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
S. Calvin
S. Calvin marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Sarah George
Sarah George marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Rob Melich
Rob Melich rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Spage
Spage marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Lisa
Lisa is currently reading it
Apr 07, 2016
Russell Sarratt
Russell Sarratt marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Tet
Tet marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Nomin Jargalsaikhan
Nomin Jargalsaikhan rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2016
  • Consulting for Dummies
  • More Secrets of Consulting: The Consultant's Tool Kit
  • Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
  • The Heart of Coaching: Using Transformational Coaching to Create a High-performance Coaching Culture
  • Coaching Questions: A Coach's Guide to Powerful Asking Skills
  • Web ReDesign 2.0: Workflow that Works
  • The One-Page Project Manager: Communicate and Manage Any Project with a Single Sheet of Paper
  • A Simpler Way
  • Profitable Growth Is Everyone's Business: 10 Tools You Can Use Monday Morning
  • The Substance of Style: How the Rise of Aesthetic Value Is Remaking Commerce, Culture, and Consciousness
  • Pervasive Information Architecture: Designing Cross-Channel User Experiences
  • The Persona Lifecycle : Keeping People in Mind Throughout Product Design
  • Information Architecture: Blueprints for the Web
  • True Professionalism: The Courage to Care About Your People, Your Clients, and Your Career
  • Maslow on Management
  • Re-Imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age
  • Working Knowledge: How Organizations Manage What They Know
  • Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations, and Society