Fly Away Home (South Africa Series, #4)

Fly Away Home (South Africa Series #4)

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A loving husband, two beautiful adopted sons, an amiable stepdaughter and the possibility of an addition to the family--Monica Brunetti has it all. But suddenly her idyllic life in a picturesque South African village unravels. Her boys respond to the siren call of America, and her husband's daughter may be leaving as well. Change might be easier to bear if only a baby were...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fly Away Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fly Away Home

Alison
The end of the series, which has nicely wrapped up the lives of the inhabitants of the town of lady Helen, in South Africa . It was a fun series to read, full of great characters and their friendships..
Carolyn Phelps
Set in South Africa, Fly Away Home is the story of two families dealing with family issues. Monica and her husband Zac have two adopted children, but want one of their own. Monica's friend, Francina, also has an adopted child who feels obligated to care for a sick aunt. I found this book simplistic and superficial. Hoping for a flavor of South Africa through a good story, I was disappointed on both accounts. The language is bland and never draws you into the setting, plot, or characters.
Jackalacka
Just ok. I learned a bit about South Africa in the process of the story and I admit the storyline had promise but the way in which the author tells it lacked zest or creativity. I didn't realize it was a series and that actually didn't affect it. You can read it easily as a stand alone.
Katrina
Definitely not the best one in the series. In fact, it felt like an afterthought and like the author was rushing things. Characters' personalities were still consistent, though, so that was good. But the first two books were the best of the series, for sure.
Angie
Well, I didn't realize this was book #4, though I don't really think I missed too much there in the middle. Pretty good, but ties up way too nicely in the end. Not much of a "thinking" book - more of a "brain candy" type of thing.
Rebecca
Couple living in South Africa deal with infertility. Will they learn to accept that her 2 adopted boys will be their only children, or will they always yearn for a biological child?

Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Lucy Benson
Lucy Benson marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Marilu B
Marilu B marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2012
Lori Kukacka
Lori Kukacka marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2011
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 30, 2011
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2011
The Road to Home (South Africa Series, #1) A Family In Full (South Africa Series, #3) Sandpiper Drift (South Africa Series, #2) Coco goes to Rome (Adventures of Coco #2) Coco on Safari