Start by marking “Dreamland Chronicles, Book One” as Want to Read:
Dreamland Chronicles, Book One

Dreamland Chronicles, Book One

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Alexander Carter has found a key that takes him back to the land of his childhood dreams. Now, every night he enters Dreamland, a magical world filled with Dragons, Fairies, and Giants. Re-united with his childhood friends Paddington, Kiwi, and Nastajia, Alexander embarks on a quest to save Dreamland from war with the nightmare realm.
Published October 28th 2008 by IDW Publishing (first published September 29th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dreamland Chronicles, Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamland Chronicles, Book One

Laura Lewis
My fiancé has been following the comics the entire time we've been together. I picked this and volume 2 up on a whim, figuring that he might enjoy the novelty of it.

I began reading it last night because I was up with a bad cough and went into the living room to keep from waking him up. By the time it passed and I was able to go back to bed, I had nearly devoured the entire volume.

The graphics aren't my favorite, and you can see how the artist had a bit to learn about natural body posture and rea
Kristen
I was skeptical about the graphics at first - generally a little more computer generated than I like. The story line proved to make up for the iffy graphics and I'll definitely be on the lookout for the next book in the series as I totally fell in love with the story.
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: book was nominated for a cybils award.

Summary: When Alexander was a little boy he used to dream every night that he was in Dreamland with his friends: Nastajia the elf girl, Kiwi the fairy and Paddington Rumblebottom the third, a rock boy. Ah, the adventures they had but after a particularly frightening episode the dreams stopped until one day in his college dorm Alexander receives a care package from his mom with a necklace of a sword, he mysteriously brought back from Dream
Heather
All of my boys are comic book fans. Big time. I bought this one based on good reviews and let my now 9-yr-old read it before I did. Then I figured I should make sure it's okay. It was.

The story is about a boy who has all sorts of adventures in Dreamland then stops dreaming at 12 or so. As a young adult he starts to dream again, but is helping with a pysch research project and they're concerned because as soon as he starts dreaming, he flatlines.

So the book is part what's happening to him current
Kit
What if you could revisit the fantasyland you played in as a child, and found that all your friends there had grown up too? In The Dreamland Chronicles, a webcomic turned into a three-volume print series, children can visit a place called Dreamland in their sleep, where they have tame adventures and are watched over by friendly elves, fairies, and other creatures. Alexander, an immature, slacker college student, unexpectedly finds himself revisiting Dreamland. He'd forgotten all about it in the ...more
Heather
I have NO idea why these excellent booksa re attributed to a different. albiet simlarly spelled author. However, I want to make sure to review the correct ones... Dreamland Chronicles is an AWESOME graphic novel. Brilliantly designed and drawn, with wamr, compassionate and dynamic characters, and gorgeous scenery. Written magnificently, Dreamland is the branchild of Scot Chritian Salva, who should be among the heros of comics and graphic art fans everywhere. He offers his excellent books for fre ...more
Youth
I really enjoyed this series so far. Number 4 comes out summer of 2010. I would recommend for Junior High and up. Language is mostly clean - the only issue may be costumes of some characters. Otherwise - it really grabs you and keeps your attention! SD
Ian
Really good book.
Nemo Serges
Nemo Serges marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Reading Rocks
Reading Rocks marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Victoria Pike
Victoria Pike marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Aarcanum Black
Aarcanum Black marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Daisha Thornton
Daisha Thornton marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Jackie Roberts
Jackie Roberts marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Hyperactive Dreamland Chronicles Book 3 Dreamland Chronicles, Book Two The Dreamland Chronicles: Book One Ed's Terrestrials