Start by marking “Downfall (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Downfall (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #1)

Downfall (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga #1)

How far can a hero fall?
Far enough to lose his soul?
Dhamon Grimwulf, once a Hero of the Heart, has sunk into a bitter life of crime and squalor. Now, as the great dragon overlords of the Fifth Age coldly plot to strengthen their rule and to destroy their enemies, he must somehow find the will to redeem himself. But perhaps it is too late.
Downfall marks the return of Dham
Published March 1st 2001 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Downfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Downfall

Rebecca
I find it odd that, out of all the possible ideas for a book cover, they went with "Dhamon awkwardly grabbing his leg in agony while holding a necklace near a river". You don't see the dragon scale and the facial expression is subtle, so it looks more like Dhamon pulled a muscle whilst journeying through Ye Olde Fantasy Ruines and he's mildly annoyed. This book had so many interesting backdrops, like the valley of jewels or the ogre city or ancient dwarf caves. Why go with this idea to sell the ...more
Arturo
Aug 02, 2012 Arturo rated it it was ok
Christina
Oct 30, 2007 Christina rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dragonlance fans.
A group of unlikely heroes get together to strive towards a common goal - nothing extraordinary about that, in fact, unlikely heroes seem to be more the rule than the exception these days.
However, some things make Downfall different. For starters, I think it's the first book I've read starring a kobold as one of the heroes - and I like Ilbreth (nicknamed Fetch) a lot. Second, I like the concept of the dragon scale basically melted into the leg of the book's main character, Dhamon Grimwulf - now
Fco. Salvador
Feb 03, 2016 Fco. Salvador rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dragonlance
Libro aburrido, con una escasa trama que parece un mal adaptado guión de aventura de rol, incluidos encuentros aleatorios, y un par de elipsis temporales repentinas y muy mal llevadas.
No me gustó Jean Rabe en «Quinta era», y lo he aborrecido aquí.
Aún así, seguiré leyendo las otras dos entregas de la trilogía, pero solo por completar la lectura de todo lo que tengo en casa del universo «Dragonlance». Tampoco es cuestión ahora de dejarme libros por leer en casa.
Lana
Jan 06, 2016 Lana rated it liked it
I must admit that I was very disappointed in this book!! it seems to be just a filler in between the great books in the series! did not particularly like the elf in this book, she is like a low life elf and nothing like the heroines we have met with before, also dhamon is a great disappointment in this book! a total let down to see a hero to fall so low and to be mixing in such company!! will go on reading this trilogy but am not expecting much from it!!
Starsreader
Oct 12, 2016 Starsreader rated it really liked it
Excellent book.
This one drew me into the trilogy and made me want to read more. The characters are sufficiently chiselled that they are distinct, fun to read about and grumpy enough to be interesting.
Matthew Holloway
Apr 23, 2015 Matthew Holloway rated it really liked it
It's been years, but I really enjoyed reading the Dhamon Saga and seeing his character development. Plus, Jean Rabe has a real way with fight sequences.
toki
toki rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2008
Dennis G
Dennis G rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Lishesque
Lishesque rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2008
Matias
Matias rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Debbie Roth
Debbie Roth rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2012
Rusty Schaeffer
Rusty Schaeffer rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2014
Vaarna
Vaarna rated it it was ok
Oct 04, 2015
Dilemma
Dilemma rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Steve Wilson
Steve Wilson rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Luc
Luc rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2012
Joe Moley
Joe Moley rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2008
Chris
Chris rated it did not like it
Aug 14, 2010
Michael Bates
Michael Bates rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
HypnoPony
HypnoPony rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
Stuart Saam
Stuart Saam rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2013
Higgy
Higgy rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Tony Francis
Tony Francis rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2014
mrs m brown
mrs m brown rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2016
Scott Gibson
Scott Gibson rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2010
Luc Williams
Luc Williams rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Chris rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2012
Marjorie  Chaves
Marjorie Chaves rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2016
  • The Golden Orb (Dragonlance: Icewall, #2)
  • Return of the Exile (Dragonlance: Linsha, #3)
  • Chosen of the Gods (Dragonlance: Kingpriest, #1)
  • The Middle of Nowhere (Dragonlance: Crossroads, #5)
  • The Lioness (Dragonlance: The Age of Mortals, #2)
  • Saving Solace (Dragonlance: Champions, #1)
  • The Thieves' Guild (Dragonlance: Crossroads, #2)
  • Empire of Blood (Dragonlance: The Minotaur Wars, #3)
When I am not writing, I toss tennis balls to my cadre of dogs. My house is filled with books and dogs, you can smell both when you walk in the front door. It's a good smell.

I have 36 published novels and am currently writing in the mystery genre. My latest mystery, The Dead of Winter, was a finalist for the Claymore Award and is the first in the Piper Blackwell series.

I live in a tiny town in the
More about Jean Rabe...

Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga (3 books)
  • Betrayal (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #2)
  • Redemption (Dragonlance: Dhamon Saga, #3)