Start by marking “Godchild, Volume 04” as Want to Read:
Godchild, Volume 04

Godchild, Volume 04 (Godchild #4)

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  1,352 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A grotesque gift holds a clue to the Cain family past; a mortician's daughter has deadly designs on one of Cain's closest friends; and a woman from Riff's past may have murder on her mind. Enjoy three new tales destined to delight and disturb from the imagination of master storyteller Kaori Yuki!
Published February 6th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 18th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Godchild, Volume 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Godchild, Volume 04

Strangerealms
I think The Cain Saga, and its sequel Godchild, have the most messed up and tragic characters I've seen so far. It's dark, it's gloomy. Don't expect happy endings in these two mangas, dead bodies keep pilling up. All the characters are so complex.

The Cain Saga art is not as good as Godchild, one can guess the artist art was not mature yet unlike when she made Godchild much later. Still it's a must to read to fully understand what happens in Godchild. There are a lot of good contents to find ther
Shannon
Nov 06, 2011 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, manga
I didn't like this one as much as the first two, but I will say it was better than #3. I don't know what the problem is. The first couple were so amazing and then it just went kinda bleh. Is it bad to say that I prefer the gory drawings to the actual plotline? I think it's good that we're learning more about the Delilah organization, but I still miss the eerie standalone plots from before. This volume gets one more star than the last because at least it had a bit more gore in it. I never thought ...more
Anna
I like the introduction of Mikaila's character, but the actual plot surrounding her was bland. In this volume, Yuki abandons the fairy tale theme to delve into Cain, Riff, and Jizabel's relationships, which is undoubtedly needed, but I believe that so much of the series's success falls on its fairy tale basis. Therefore, I do not feel as invested with the series farther along than when I started. Also, Yuki again has divided up her manga into several choppy stories, instead of keeping it at one, ...more
Katy
Feb 22, 2015 Katy rated it really liked it
From this point forward, the primary (and secondary) plots in the series are devoted entirely to Delilah/Cain's father and Cain's attempt to survive. While I did enjoy the episodes in earlier volumes more, this isn't at all a bad plot. In this volume, I particularly enjoyed the development of several minor characters, including Riff, Cassian, Jizabel, and Crehador. I'm not a big fan of Mikaila, and I missed seeing Mary in this volume, but overall it was definitely an enjoyable read.
Emily G
Dec 28, 2013 Emily G rated it really liked it
I found Mikaila annoying in Little Miss Muffet, but Riff saving Cain from being poisoned made up for it. I'm so curious about what Jizabel has done to Riff, I can't remember at all!

Bloody Maria was interesting for Jizabel's backstory and seeing Cain as a blonde! Plus Riff comes to Cain's rescue again :-)! But the culprit for all the boys disappearing was a bit obvious, I think.
Nicole Bunge
not the most enlightening in the series, but at least the story is self-contained.
Conina
Jun 27, 2016 Conina rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Рядко недолюбвам нарисувани люде, но малката от корицата ми е трън в очите.
Shannon
Jul 02, 2008 Shannon rated it it was amazing
See review of vol. 1
Juniper Blackthorn
Aug 17, 2015 Juniper Blackthorn rated it it was amazing
Primera aparición de Michaela, mi personaje favorito :3
Nichole Dawn Romero
In this volume we get a little further into the society known as Delilah.
Savannah
Jun 18, 2010 Savannah rated it it was amazing
One of my favourites in the series, next to book five. I mean, the entire series is awesome, but this book is just pure win in every way.
Annette
Jan 23, 2016 Annette rated it it was amazing
i really love mikala. dont ask me why. shes so pretty! I WANT HER HAIR!
Monicaaa
Aug 06, 2014 Monicaaa rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This manga is really getting detailed and convoluted. It's grotesque, tragic and filled with suspense, and you're really getting engrossed in Cain/Riff's story at this point.
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2015
Aaron
Aaron rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2009
Zaphod
Zaphod rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2017
Talia
Talia rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Kirsten Milliron
Kirsten Milliron rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2011
Kyla
Kyla rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2013
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Aiden Easley
Aiden Easley rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Lila
Lila rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona)
Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2009
Tsubame
Tsubame rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Azamir
Azamir rated it liked it
May 26, 2013
Tanica
Tanica rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2015
Samhain
Samhain rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2011
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 9
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Vol. 4 (Pet Shop of Horrors, #4)
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 6
  • Loveless, Volume 3
  • Tokyo Babylon, Vol. 7
Kaori Yuki (see also 由貴 香織里) is a female Japanese manga artist best known for her gothic manga such as Earl Cain, its sequel Godchild, and Angel Sanctuary. Yuki debuted in 1987 with Natsufuku no Erii (夏服のエリー) which ran in the manga anthology Bessatsu Hana to Yume published by Hakusensha.

Her work is typically serialized in one of Hakusensha's two shōjo manga anthologies, Bessatsu Hana to Yume and
More about Kaori Yuki...