Start by marking “Patternmaking for Fashion Design [With DVD]” as Want to Read:
Patternmaking for Fashion Design [With DVD]

Patternmaking for Fashion Design [With DVD]

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  234 ratings  ·  25 reviews

Renowned for its comprehensive coverage, exceptional illustrations, and clear instructions, this hallmark book offers detailed yet easy-to-understand explanations of the essence of patternmaking. Hinging on a recurring theme that all designs are based on one or more of the three major patternmaking and design principles–dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring–it

Published April 30th 2005 by Pearson Prentice Hall (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Patternmaking for Fashion Design [With DVD], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patternmaking for Fashion Design [With DVD]

Sara Musko
This is an extremely comprehensive book on patternmaking. It gives you instructions to draft almost anything you could ever want to make. This is the textbook for the patternmaking classes for my fashion program, and it was a good complement to the course, but on its own I believe it would be confusing. Some of the instructions will leave you feeling lost, but overall this is an awesome reference book and super inspiring.
Darklysewn
i actually own the 2nd edition. i reference this book more times than i can count. i have no idea what i would do without it. the best book on basic instruction from begginner to professional. everyone should own a copy of this book who wants to make clothing
Amy
Overall extremely informative, but it's filled with a surprising amount of errata for a 5th edition. Also, some very questionable/hilarious design sensibilities throughout.
Lauren
Textbook for the Patternmaking classes I took. Interesting to learn how patterns are constructed.
Amanda
This is a great reference book! I know I will refer to it tons!
Lia Marcoux
Eep. I'm sure it's very good but I could never make myself sit down and look at it for over a minute. The flaw is mine!
Amit Anantaye
Jun 11, 2014 Amit Anantaye is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i want read this book because i become a perfect pattern master so plz

Best reg.

Amit Anantaye
Alok Kumar
Catherine
This is a comprehensive instruction manual on pattern making using imperial measurements. Using the techniques discussed, accompanied by careful diagrams, it is possible to learn to manipulate patterns in order to realise your own designs, although design is not a taught component of the book.

It was my pattern making bible when studying C&G Fashion Design and Tailoring modules.
Heather
The perfect accompaniment to a pattern drafting course. Comprehensive, easy to understand and the diagrams are easy to follow. Probably not a good one for a complete novice - as a stand alone text, I think you would need a grasp of the concepts to be able to properly understand it.
Sreelekshmi Raj
As a fashion designing student this book has helped me a lot in learning and understanding the basic and advanced concepts in developing a pattern. Hence I recommend this book to all fashion designing students. This will help you greatly.
Ty
If you are a fashion designer and you have not seen this book...I don't know what to say. This is a must have. Need to get. Worth the money.. believe me
just sarah
more information than this mum has time to digest, but an awesome volume for those of us who like garment construction & design.
Kara
This is a great resource for pattern making. I learned so much. My only complaint is that there are many typos.
Rachel
Dec 28, 2013 Rachel marked it as sewing-and-patterning  ·  review of another edition
Third edition
Alyson
I have the older edition of this book. But it is by far the best pattermaking book I've ever seen.
Anne
There are much better patternmaking books out there, that also aren't as expensive.
Jodi
this is my go-to for patternmaking ... LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Rakesh kumar
this book is for garment patternmaking.Thx
Rahel
its very important fashion design
Novi Kumalasari
I want to read this book
Ashley
Best pattern book ever!
Eli
Nov 30, 2013 Eli marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Arthlene Legair
Arthlene Legair marked it as to-read
Nwaynway Nyein7
Nwaynway Nyein7 marked it as to-read
Kathie
Kathie marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
i need your opinion about the book Patternmaking for Fashion Design 2 10 Oct 21, 2012 12:18PM
  • Couture Sewing Techniques
  • Draping for Apparel Design
  • Figure Drawing for Fashion Design
  • Pattern Magic
  • Pattern Making for Fashion Design
  • Chic & Simple Sewing: Skirts, Dresses, Tops, and Jackets for the Modern Seamstress
  • Fashion Design Course: Principles, Practice, and Techniques: The Practical Guide for Aspiring Fashion Designers
  • New Complete Guide to Sewing