Start by marking “The Big Law (Phil Broker, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Big Law (Phil Broker, #2)

The Big Law (Phil Broker #2)

An emerging master of the thriller pits brooding hero Phil Broker against the legendary Witness Protection Program, which has unwittingly hidden his ex-wife's killer. In The Big Law, Logan unfurls a sublime premise--The Fugitive in reverse--and graces it with ingenious plotting and fascinating explorations of the forces that drive men both to selfless heroism and murderous ...more
Published October 21st 1998 by Harper (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Law

Dale Van
May 18, 2014 Dale Van rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thrilling, twisting, tale of righteous retribution.

A thrilling, twisting, tale of righteous retribution.

Mr. Logan is right up there with Sanford, Grisham, Child and Flynn. He has a very believable law enforcement figure in Broker and Logan puts Broker in the middle of some very lifelike situations. We would all like Phil Broker to have our backs. Thanks for another great read Mr.Logan.
Ed
May 10, 2015 Ed rated it really liked it
#2 in the Phillip Broker series.

Phillip Broker is babysitting daughter Kit while wife MP Major Nina Pryce is peacekeeping in Bosnia. Ex-wife Caren calls that she is coming to see him and bringing a reporter. The reporter arrives, as does current husband, Broker's out-of-control former boss. Caren is killed, husband is blamed and reporter disappears into WITSEC with $2MM of the Russian mob's money.
Tee Minn
Jan 24, 2016 Tee Minn rated it liked it
I liked the fast pace, keep me thinking, thriller. Has some implausible parts, but you go with it because you gotta follow the trail. As usual the plot is not one that is easily known, a surprise or two is on the path.

Marianne
Jul 29, 2015 Marianne rated it liked it
Interesting. First time with this author. Lots of twists and turns in the plot, sometimes gruesome, sometimes tender, sometimes scary. Very good description of the dismantling of one guy's personality.
Mark
Oct 31, 2009 Mark rated it really liked it
I haven't read the Broker series in order, but now I've completed them...Logan's stand-alones and this series are very entertaining and provide some interesting insights into the human condition...In this one Broker is enmeshed in the investigation into his ex-wife's murder...that also includes involvement with undercover operations and the Russiam mob
Dave
Mar 06, 2014 Dave rated it it was amazing
Great 21st century characters. Intricate plot. Fun.
Tamora Pierce
Sep 03, 2008 Tamora Pierce rated it really liked it
Logan is as good as ever, though his anti-fat comments are making me start to twitch. With Nina abroad fighting Serbs and Kit a toddler, part of this one reminds me of the classic Damon Runyon story "Butch Minds the Baby" with a killer edge.
Peter
Mar 08, 2015 Peter rated it liked it
Enjoyed it. A twist on the right-and-honourable journalist story, where this guy turns out bad.

Well-written and edited, enjoyed it. Believable, no stupid stuff.

Nmkt library.
Jeff Dickison
Dec 09, 2011 Jeff Dickison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story of ex-cop hunting down a killer buried deep in the witness protection program. Recommended for fans of mysteries.
Mickie
Dec 14, 2012 Mickie added it
I think I liked it. It's only been a few weeks and I can't remember one thing about this book. Not so memorable.
Tara
Dec 06, 2013 Tara rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reading
Has anyone else noticed that Broker's ex-wife's name changed from Book 1 to 2? Stuff like that annoys me.
Melanie
I am enjoying the story but there are aspects of his writing that I am not too crazy about.
Marilyn
Sep 06, 2009 Marilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another of the series by Chuck Logan...great reading...start with "Hunter's Moon"
Rachael Laflam
Apr 04, 2015 Rachael Laflam rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
reporter steals money, kills wife of big shot cop, ex husband solves mystery
Nate
Jan 09, 2013 Nate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
From what I remember this was a relatively good suspense novel.
Al Stoess
Aug 31, 2013 Al Stoess rated it liked it
Intersting. Well done. Extremely violent.
Mike
Dec 12, 2013 Mike rated it liked it
3.5, big improvement over book 1
Annie
Apr 22, 2012 Annie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
enjoy me some Chuck Logan!
Shugak
Nov 28, 2008 Shugak rated it really liked it
Good
Hallie
Hallie marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Judy
Judy is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2016
Carolyn Schmidt
Carolyn Schmidt is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Nick
Nick rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Joe
Joe added it
Aug 10, 2016
Davej623
Davej623 rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
ellwood f. guyette
ellwood f. guyette rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2016
Margaret Roy
Margaret Roy marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Steve Gallob
Steve Gallob marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
  • A Blind Eye (Frank Corso, #3)
  • The Thieves Of Faith (Michael St. Pierre, #2)
  • Dead Aim
  • Turncoat
  • Dead White
  • Outer Perimeter
  • Crucified  (Special X, #13)
  • The Reckoning
  • Penance (Holland Taylor, #1)
  • The Lure
  • Ghost Dance
  • Sweepers
  • House of Dark Shadows/Watcher in the Woods (Dreamhouse Kings, #1-2)
  • Atlantic Fury
  • Bogeyman
  • Officer Down
  • Tears of the Jaguar
Chuck Logan is an author of crime drama and veteran of the Vietnam War, who lives with his wife and daughter in Stillwater, Minnesota.

He is best known for his series of novels featuring the character Phil Broker, an ex-Minnesota police officer. Logan's novels include Hunter's Moon, Absolute Zero, Vapor Trail, Homefront, and After the Rain. Homefront is now a major motion picture starring James Fra
More about Chuck Logan...

Phil Broker (6 books)
  • The Price Of Blood (Phil Broker, #1)
  • Absolute Zero (Phil Broker, #3)
  • Vapor Trail (Phil Broker, #4)
  • After The Rain (Phil Broker, #5)
  • Homefront (Phil Broker, #6)