Start by marking “Annie Bananie” as Want to Read:
Annie Bananie

Annie Bananie (Annie Bananie)

There's never been anyone quite like Annie Bananie. So when she has to move away, her playmate cannot believe it -- until she realizes that even far apart, they can still be best friends.
Published May 13th 2003 by HarperCollins (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Annie Bananie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Annie Bananie

J.F. Sanborn
Aug 10, 2011 J.F. Sanborn rated it liked it
This is an excellent book to use for teaching children that goodbyes aren't easy, but can be endured. There was one line that I was uncomfortable with "Made me brush my teeth with mud,/Sign my name in cockroach blood" but that is only because I was reading to preschoolers who might be a little freaked out by this. Overall this is a fun, rhythmic, silly, and very perfectly juvenile story of two girls dealing with being apart now that one has moved away.

Mar 27, 2013 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, rhyming, dance, 2013
This is a wonderful tale about friendship and the emotional upheaval when a best friend moves away. The rhyming narrative and colorful illustrations by Laura Cornell combine to evoke a child's world and her ode to a true friend.

It would be a great book to read with a young child who is having difficulty dealing with a move or the idea of a friend moving away. We really enjoyed reading this book together, although I was a little nervous that it would only serve to make our oldest sad, since she
Atsupui Dogbla
I do like this book that teaches about separation. No one want to be separated from his/her parents, guardians or best friends. Through this reading, young children should learn that separation is part of their daily life, and must realize that sometimes they have to live without the one they are the most attached to. I recommend to read this book to young children (2 to 3 years old). Knowing that separation is very difficult to manage especially for young children, this book may help them calm ...more
Anne Marie Schlueter
Feb 20, 2013 Anne Marie Schlueter rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books growing up! I never dreamed that I would be like Annie, though, and have to move away from my best friend. We have been doing a lot of "rememberings" over this past week and this book came into mind=) A great, funny, cute, story with a really good, relatable (at least for me and I'm not just saying that because I'm called Annie), if not a little sad, message.
Samantha Zapata
Sep 06, 2016 Samantha Zapata rated it really liked it
If you loved the illustrations from "Today I feel silly & other moods today" by Laura Cornell then you'll love Annie Bananie! Annie Bananie shows how friendship can never be broken even when friends move away from each other. This wonderful story by Leah Komaiko shows rhyming words that would keep kiddos intrigued and want to read the book with you. You will see all the adventures and memories that these two friends create together and end up in the very end.
Leanne Feathers
Feb 24, 2015 Leanne Feathers rated it really liked it
I thought this book was very cute. I loved how it was about friendship and the things that happen when people have to move away. I also loved the rhyming of the story, it added a happy feeling to a sad part of life. The way the best friend talks about their friendship and how Annie will never ever find someone like her is touching. It calls out to kids that remember having friends move away or themselves move and hoe they think they won't find another best friend.
Kellee Hao
Nov 25, 2012 Kellee Hao rated it really liked it
Sometimes when best friends move away, it's hard to adjust, especially for those who are young. This book talks about what two best friends can do once they are far apart from each other and how they can start to make new friends. Instead of dwelling on what's happening, think of positive ways to make the situation all better!
Feb 18, 2011 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Robert by: Patty Phillips
What a cute book! Laura Cornell's illustrations are wonderful.

This is an easy book, but a fun read. Annie Bananie is the narrator's best friend, but she is moving away. We see all the fun things the two have done together. Very cute. I imagine anyone who has a friend moving away would enjoy this.

This was in the boxes of books from my sister.
Lisbeth Solberg
Jun 19, 2007 Lisbeth Solberg rated it it was amazing
This was a going-away present to Lucie from Anne, who used to read the book from beginning to end and then backwards from the end to the beginning again. It is as sweet and sad as any heartfelt goodbye.
Jun 26, 2013 Kayla rated it it was amazing
A great book about friends that get sad when one had to move away. They would do everything together. This book teaches kids that friends are forever and that that you will never find another friend the same as the one that moved.
Mar 11, 2009 Anne rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite childhood books, which may or may not stem from the fact that I share a name with the protagonist.
this is my favorite book from when I was young. I love the humor in it and think it's great as children move out of your classroom.
Deborah Harris
RL 2.25 GRL K

AR Quiz No. 50078 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.1 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Kate Quaak
Kate Quaak rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2012
El Gosiengfiao
El Gosiengfiao rated it liked it
May 13, 2010
Annie rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2011
Dianne Mccullock
Dianne Mccullock rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Hero rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Rachel Murray
Rachel Murray rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Anna Hall
Anna Hall rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Annie Meyer
Annie Meyer rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2011
Pauline rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2011
Chris Bivins
Chris Bivins rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Anna rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Oct 27, 2009 Katharine rated it it was amazing
My most favoritest book ever!
Jun 26, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite book as a child. I read it so often, my mom had to staple it back together.
Patience rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2014
The Bumble Girl {Margie} rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

Annie Bananie (5 books)
  • Annie Bananie and the People's Court (Annie Bananie)
  • Annie Bananie Moves to Barry Avenue (Annie Bananie)
  • Annie Bananie, Best Friends to the End
  • Annie Bananie and the Pain Sisters (Annie Bananie)