Start by marking “Looking for Lacey” as Want to Read:

Looking for Lacey

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  210 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
IN THE GAME OF SEDUCTION, HE WILL ACCEPT NOTHING LESS
THAN TOTAL SURRENDER.

When prim and proper Lacey Wright decided to start a new life, she never dreamed she’d be managing a sports bar. But she is determined to make it work even if she is a bit out of her element. The only thing standing in the way is her recklessly charming new boss—a man she finds totally infuriating .
Published April 1st 2003 by Ivy Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Looking for Lacey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looking for Lacey

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayHearts in Darkness by Laura KayeThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
A Few Favorites
159th out of 478 books — 218 voters
Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsHeaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsDaddy's Game by Normandie Alleman
Touchdown: Romance and American Football
70th out of 168 books — 258 voters

More lists with this book...

Hayley
Dec 12, 2015 Hayley rated it liked it
I like this, it was cute and kinda funny. I was surprised that it was released in 2003 though. I would have pegged it from the clothing descriptions and attitude towards single parents as a couple of decades earlier. It's this last one that really bothered me, the fact that the main character is a single mum is really a huge deal. Here's a excerpt:

Anyone who said that times had changed, and unwed mothers were no longer thought poorly of, had never been an unwed mother. Rich and famous people in
_yay_
When star quarterback Bobby “Mac” McIntyre comes home to get back on his feet after a particularly bad injury he is shocked to find that his sister Beth has fired his long time bar manager Gator and given the job to – wait for it – a woman.
Single Mom Lacey Wright’s biggest priority is to take care of her fifteen year old daughter Robin, and to land the job as manager for “Bobby’s Place” sure is a lucky break - being allowed to move into the apartment above, icing on the cake!
These two individual
Kristiej
Jul 13, 2014 Kristiej rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I read this one, but I'm here at work on a Sunday afternoon with nothing to do - so I'm killing time going through some of the books I read but never actually rated. I've read this one a couple of times and loved it. Lacey Wright is prickly and straight laced and not at all impressed with Bobbie Mac, the owner of the bar she works at. Bobby Mac is a charmer and not used to being turned down so of course when she does turn him down - a number of times, well, that makes her ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 05, 2011 Lady Raven RAVE! rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this book, can i just say that i feel so GUILTY in saying that i loved the daughter's story soooooo much even though she was 16 yrs old, i think the author did a great job touching on teenage love it was just right. Both mother and daughter were well written and thought out because to have written a story also about the 16 YEAR OLD daughter was excellent and unexpected and i wish the daughter's story could have continued on with another book with the daughter being older of ...more
Juliana Philippa
(3.5 stars) Looking for Lacey is my first book by author Linda Francis Lee and I will definitely be reading other books by her, though this one was not all that great. The relationship between Bobby and Lacey seemed forced and I found Lacey annoying at times.

I normally don't like secondary romances, but in this instance I enjoyed the developing relationship between Kyle and Lacey's daughter Robin better than the book's main one. Their secondary romance is what made the book 3.5 stars for me, ins
Eric
Apr 08, 2015 Eric rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
Bobby "Mac McIntyre, famous all-star quarterback for the Texas Lone Stars (that's right, THE Texas Lone Stars) has trouble letting people get close. But that gruff exterior is about to be challenged by the new manager of his sports bar, Lacey Wright. Sparks fly as this no-nonsense mysterious woman has the brass to stand up to the famous football star. But will he let Lacey in? And will he find Lacey?

A romance novel for staunch Catholics. Lacey's big shame is that she is an unwed mother. The boo
Margaret Innes
Apr 23, 2008 Margaret Innes rated it did not like it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
I thought my standards were pretty low when it comes to chick-lit, but I was wrong! I have standards and this book didn't come close to meeting them. I bought it to read on vacation, but I was so bored that I didn't bother finishing it. The characters were poorly conceived and the plot was less than believable. If you're looking for something in this genre, try one of Susan Elizabeth Phillips' books. Her books have a similar plot, but add a great sense of humor to the storyline.
Carole
Apr 01, 2008 Carole rated it liked it
Shelves: for-fun
Pretty good reading to pass the time. Once you get used to an author's writing style, it can be hard to stay interested. This book follows Lee's formula often seen in her paperback novels: repressed female working to survive against all odds meets sexy man who can 'unlock' her desires. CONS: not enough humor, predicable story line. PRO'S: at least it doesn't read like a typical Danielle Steele book.
Kimberly
Nov 24, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. It has a character from her Sexy series, (which was a fun series.) This book was a little edgier than the other series, which I liked. I was able to relate to the characters, and felt their emotions with them. I am still thinking about the book almost a week later. Highly recommend!
Nerissa Ayala Lesko
Jun 01, 2010 Nerissa Ayala Lesko rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, favorites
I loved this book!!! It was the first romance novel that I read that had sports mixed in. I never knew how much I enjoyed the sports view until this book, Thank You! I'm going to say once again I Loved this book!
Nefret
Jul 09, 2010 Nefret rated it really liked it
Linda Francis Lee ist für mich eine neue Autorin. Ich werde definitiv weitere Bücher von ihr lesen.
Looking for Lacey erinnerte mich ein wenig an die Romane von SEP. Besonders gut gefiel mir das Teenager-Paar.
Donna
Jan 15, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one. I didn't love Lacey, however i did love Bobby. They were a good team, and i enjoyed the second romance with the kids. Overall a good read.
Heather
Jun 17, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Couldn't put it down.
Carrie
Aug 13, 2007 Carrie rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: looking for fluff? here you go.
Shelves: romance
Entertaining, but ultimately forgettable.
Tiff
Apr 19, 2016 Tiff rated it liked it
Typical romance book but was good
K
Jan 28, 2010 K added it
liked....another R rated ;)
Ernie
Jan 10, 2009 Ernie rated it liked it
Sports, fun fast read.
Finn
Sep 01, 2013 Finn rated it really liked it
Reminded me of SEPs Heaven...
Jackie Simons
Read 9/03
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Maite
Maite rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Pratiksha Ramteke
Pratiksha Ramteke marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Kacy
Kacy added it
May 15, 2016
Sally Strong
Sally Strong rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Jennifer Banker
Jennifer Banker rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Judy Goldman
Judy Goldman is currently reading it
May 05, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Apr 25, 2016
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
  • Brass Balls (Balls to the Wall #4)
  • I Just Play One on TV
  • Down by Contact (Seattle Lumberjacks, #3)
  • Naked Bootleg (The Gridiron Lovers, #1)
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, Book Two (Champion of the Scarlet Wolf, #2)
  • A.J.'s Angel (Wilde's, #3)
  • Slings and Arrows (Petit Morts, #2)
  • Resistance
  • Breakaway (Hot Shots Trilogy, #1)
  • Lucky Enough (Whisper Hollow, #1)
  • Taken
  • Tailor Made
  • Rock and a Hard Place
  • In Bed with the Boss
  • Anchors Aweigh (Maritime Men, #2)
  • Just Like Cats and Dogs
  • Charmed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #2)
Linda Francis Lee is a native Texan now calling New York City home. Linda's writing career began when her article "There Is No Finish Line" was published in her university's quarterly magazine. But she got sidetracked from writing when she started teaching probability and statistics. Later she found her way back to writing, and the Atlanta Journal Constitution called her breakout novel, Blue Waltz ...more
More about Linda Francis Lee...