Santa Responds: He's Had Enough...and He's Writing Back!

Santa Responds: He's Had Enough...and He's Writing Back!

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Ever wonder what Santa does with all those letters? (And all those cookies?) After a particularly long, cold night staring at nine smelly reindeer butts, the old man lets loose with the real answers to those stupid, whiny, hard-to-read letters from kids. Turns out, we really do get what we deserve.Dear Billy,
I know you honestly believe that the good deeds you rattled off r...more
Published September 23rd 2008 by Running Press (first published January 1st 2008)

harlequin {Stephanie}
Interesting premise, but I didn't find it the slightest bit funny.
Wendi
(I gave it 5 stars because it kept everyone at a family dinner laughing the whole time!)

Perfect for : Personal reading, great host/hostess gift (for the right person!)

In a nutshell: I don't know if my family has laughed this much in quite a while - at least not because of a book! We had relatives over for dinner this evening, and I decided to pull this book out to see what they thought. What I thought would be a quick five minute browse through the book ended up lasting over an hour as we passed...more
Kelly
Every once in a while, a little book comes along that you just can't resist. Santa Responds is just such a book. For decades, this jolly old Elf has been receiving letters from children throughout the world. Nice children, naughty children, snotty children and greedy children. This year, something happened to the nice old Claus, something just snapped inside. This year, Santa is going to write back, and wow....is he pissed!

This book is filled with "letters" to Santa and Santa's hysterical replie...more
Pamela ☼everythings cheesy☼ Tee
Looking for a book that runs a little contrary to the Holiday mood?

Been out shopping?

...Have you REALLY been enjoying the hustle and bustle of the crowds in the Mall? Trying to get that "in" doll or electronic game?

Or contrarily, are you already fed up with the endless ads that your children have absorbed and repeat-- robot like-- over and over. **We want .... We need ....**

If that's you, or someone you know, let me suggest "Santa Responds". It's a glib little book that will have you snickering...more
Ivy
This book needs to be handled carefully...it is not for children. It may also be slightly offensive to some adults. I thought much of it was funny. A few of the letters were just mean and rude. It would be best in small doses, and perhaps not in April. If you love cynicism and sarcasm go for it, if not, skip this one.
Jackie
This is a collection of letters to Santa with Santa's not-so-nice but very funny responses. For example, when Annabel (age 5) asks Santa why the Easter Bunny gives candy but she has to leave Santa cookies, Santa responds in part:

It's not very well publicized, but the Easter Bunny is fully subsidized by the American Egg Producers Association. I make and deliver toys to millions of children every year, free of charge. If you don't think it's fair that I enjoy a few cookies for my efforts, then scr...more
Andrew Galvin
Sep 10, 2011 Andrew Galvin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a laigh
Recommended to Andrew by: Mom
My mom bout this book thinking it was a children's book, but it definitely wasn't! She mailed it to me when I was out of town over the summer, and little did she know that it was an adult book.

In the book, Santa reads letters from children and decides that he's had enough of their whining. When he responds, he is very rude! He even curses sometimes!

One of my favorites is when a girl writes in and lies about her brother hitting her. He tells her to shut up because everybody knows she's lying.

Th...more
Rich
This is a book you have to be careful with. It is best taken in small doses. Santa sits down and starts writing back to whiny children all over the world. Some of those answers are over the top, and some are drop dead funny. It can get cynical and mean at times, and if you read it all in one sitting you'll probably go sour on Christmas. It's best taken in small doses to relieve Christmas frustrations, and for heaven's sake, don't let the kids see this book.
Kathy (Bermudaonion)
The premise of Santa Responds by Santa Claus is that Santa has had enough and he’s answering children’s letters. Please note that this book is not politically correct and is not for the easily offended. It is the kind of book that you can pick up any time and read a couple of pages. I have to admit that I got some chuckles from the first few letters in the book. However, I was tired of the concept before the book was over.
Marie
While I love to take a humorous look at the holidays now and again (think - Santaland Diaries) this book felt a little forced as time went on. I found myself getting bored with harsh words and repeating bitterness. I could see this might be fun as a party-time read-a-loud -- or perhaps even turned into a stage production -- with a little more thought and energy it might have more to offer.
Dan Mazur
Hilariously funny! Pick up a copy and put it with your Christmas decorations and place it on the coffee table every year. I read the book cover to cover when I first got it, and years later I find re-reading a random page or two and always laugh. The book is meant to be a random read when you have a minute here or there. Very funny. You will not be disappointed.
Anna
A fun and fast read! I thought this book would be full of dull humor, but it was actually quite funny! Santa was a consistent character - I think I liked him, he made a lot of sense ;) I wonder if all the letters were made up, or if they were actual letters to Santa (gosh, some of them were HORRIBLE - I hope I never wrote a letter to Santa like that)
Susan
Oct 20, 2011 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Susan by: Susan Ramsey
I loved the book. It's different than what I read. But with a little humor it was great. The book was about kids writing to Santa and Santa has a response to them all. You might not like them or you might find it funny. I feel that if you don't offend easy, it's a great book to read. It is also a fast read if you sit down and read it.
Stefan Percy
You know, the gist of the book sounds like it would be entertaining but in my opinion, it failed miserably. I was really hoping it would be a read that would provide a few laughs. Yeah, I cracked a smile or two, maybe even a slight chuckle with a couple of them but buy and large, it was just plain terrible. Enjoy!
Rich Meyer
Not even remotely funny, this is a one-gag book and that gag falls flat on its face simply for the fact that very few of the letters that "Santa" uses his sardonic responses on read like they were written by kids who would be still writing to the old Dodger. Very glad this was a library loan and not a purchase.
Darcy
Apr 05, 2011 Darcy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
This was a funny book, one where you can see yourself falling saying these same responses at times. While funny, this book is not politically correct and is even slightly offensive at times. If you have seen and loved the movie Bad Santa, this book will be right up your alley.
Erika
If your vision of Santa is as someone who's heard it all, read it all and knows it all, this collection of "responses" to kids letters over the years.

If you prefer to think of Santa as a jolly old elf, forgiving and kind, you might want to give this one a miss.
Jodie
Just a good funny companion to the holidays. I love that there is a letter from a little boy whose las name is McNulty! That makes me happy. Funny, snide and what you want Santa to really say if you are in retail.
Emily
OK - This is the funniest holiday humor book in the world! It is my favorite book to grab out and read during the holidays to (adult) family and friends to get them laughing. I wish Santa were really like this!!!
Faz
Not appropriate for kids nor those with an innocent view of Santa Claus, but is a book I ready every year around Christmas and have passed it along to many others to enjoy (then give back!)
This book has an interesting premise, Santa responding to letters that kids have written to him. However, the book is rather one note. Santa is mad, nasty and ready to take the kids down.
Meghann Round
Funny to read what you sometimes think. It's nice to know that even Santa can be sassy sometimes. I did, however, feel terrible with some of the replies because the letters were sweet.

April
This book is hilarious!! I haven't read all of the letters to Santa yet. However, the ones I've read so far and the response from Santa have been a riot!!
Bryan
It wasn't as humorous as I'd hoped, but it nevertheless had some very funny spots.All I can say is, "You better not mess with Santa.
Mickey DeCicco
This book is too wrong for words. Santa responds very candidly to letters from the greediest and stupidest kids on his naughty list.
Lillian
beyond funny!!! Wonderful book for my more sarcastic friends :~)
Great book to have on the coffee table from about October on ...
Heather
Just what it says. Santa is responding to children's letters and letting them have it - with great sarcasm.
Terri Sullivan
It had moments that were pretty funny. Definitely not something to have around small children. Adult humor.
Nicole
Oct 26, 2009 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Hilarious! Santa Responds finds a rude, probably drunk, Santa dashing the hopes of children worldwide.
Loriann
A good laugh. Definetly not a Republican writing or someone that loves America.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Santa's Diary The True Meaning of Christmas Santa's Diary (The Christmas Connection) The Truth About Christmas Charlie Tree