Start by marking “The Sticklepath Strangler (Knights Templar, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Sticklepath Strangler (Knights Templar, #12)

The Sticklepath Strangler (Knights Templar, #12)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  9 reviews
It is the summer of 1322 and two playmates have uncovered the body of a young girl up on the moors. The body is that of Aline, the ten-year-old daughter of Swetricus, who went missing six years ago. Baldwin Furnshill, Keeper of the King's Peace, and his friend Bailiff Simon Puttock are summoned to investigate, and soon discover Aline is not the only young girl to have been...more
Published June 1st 2002 by Headline Book Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Sticklepath Strangler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sticklepath Strangler

Graham
Although one of the later books in the series, this is the first of Jecks’s medieval murder mysteries that I’ve encountered, and I’m certainly taken with his style of writing in these books. Jecks write sparse, clean prose, often descriptive but with no particular flourish or manner in his writing; the facts are given in descriptive passages or dialogue, and that is all. There is no apparent art in his writing.

But nevertheless he tells a good, plot-heavy story; he succeeds in creating a diverse...more
Jen
I would probably like this more if I would read the series in some kind of coherent order and more than two a year or so. I did like it, though; there was plenty of tension in this 14th century village that has people gettin' dead all over the place. It felt a little like the parlour mysteries, actually, like Clue, where everyone keeps dying and you can't get out and one of you has to be the killer. Kind of a believable ending, which is nice, because these types of mysteries can get forced in a...more
David Serxner
I get Michael Jeck's books sent to me from by my family in England, as I do not know if you can get them in the States. He does his research. The books are excellent--very well written. I like a good mystery, and these most certainly are!
Susan
Excellent suspense mystery, history brought to life
An unusual theme
Mary G.
Another excellent outing by Michael Jecks.
LJ
First Sentence: They were out there.

It started with the death of young girls, and the accusation of cannibalism, the murder of an innocent man and his curse on the village. Now a young girl’s skull has been found and Sir Baldwin de Fernshill, Keeper of the King’s Peace, Bailiff Simon Puttock and Coroner Roger de Gidleigh travel to the village of Sticklepath; a place of death and secrets. The death toll keeps rising.

Jecks is so good at not only establishing a sense of time and place, but creating...more
Sharon
Another fun medieval Mystery by M. Jecks. So interesting to see how crude life was in the 1300's and how astute investigators had to be to discover the perpetrator of crime.
Michael Jecks
Jan 24, 2012 Michael Jecks rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-own
This was a fun story from the moment that the local Blacksmith suggested the title to me, while we were sitting in the bar of the Devonshire Inn, Sticklepath.
Susan
Review already written for this book.
Excellent medieval who done it & you didn't know for sure until the last few pages
History brought to life
International Cat Lady
This story had a lot of potential, but it turned out to not be particularly interesting - or well written. Yawn!
Lane
This one dragged a bit for me. There were a few characters that i got tired of. But I still enjoyed it.
Nikhil
Great mystery novel set in medieval England.
David Calderwood
David Calderwood marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Willa Johnson
Willa Johnson marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Georgia Lengyel
Georgia Lengyel marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
M
M marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
905_schrama
905_schrama marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Michael Jecks is a best-selling writer of historical novels. The son of an Actuary, and the youngest of four brothers, he worked in the computer industry before becoming a novelist full time in 1994

He is the author of the internationally popular Templar series, perhaps the longest crime series written by a living author. Unusually, the series looks again at actual events and murders committed abou...more
More about Michael Jecks...
The Last Templar (Knights Templar, #1) A Moorland Hanging  (Knights Templar, #3) The Merchant's Partner (Knights Templar, #2) The Leper's Return (Knights Templar, #6) The Abbot's Gibbet (Knights Templar, #5)