Start by marking “The Malice of Unnatural Death (Knights Templar, #22)” as Want to Read:
The Malice of Unnatural Death (Knights Templar, #22)

The Malice of Unnatural Death (Knights Templar #22)

1324. The kingdom is in an uproar. Roger Mortimer—once the king's most able commander, now his most hated enemy—has escaped from the Tower and hired an assassin to murder the monarch. Others have the same idea. In Coventry, a special assassin has been hired: a necromancer by the name of John. But just as his plan begins to succeed, the plot is uncovered. John must escape ...more
Published June 14th 2007 by Headline (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Malice of Unnatural Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Malice of Unnatural Death

Kelley Wickham-Crowley
Jul 29, 2016 Kelley Wickham-Crowley rated it really liked it
Another of Jecks' better ones following a former Templar Knight Sir Baldwin and his friend Simon Puttockt. The author is learning to control the urge to create too many subplots--I don't mind something cleverly intricate, and this qualifies. (I fuss over those where he gets carried away and loses control of showing why or how it all was necessary or fit together.) As with many books today, he starts with the list of his characters (annoyingly, not all) at the front, which helps when he barrels ...more
Michael Jecks
Oct 14, 2014 Michael Jecks rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own
Well, if you like murders by necromancy, this is for you.
Again, this is a genuine case. There was an attempt to kill the King and his friends by use of sorcery. A known performer of the magical arts was hired to shape wax into the likeness of the King and the other victims, and to try to use sorcery to kill them. Of course, as soon as I heard of this, I was forced to start researching the history.
The court records exist still, and the story of John of Nottingham is there, if you wish to look. F
Wysteria
Oct 14, 2014 Wysteria rated it it was ok
When I read books, I tend to check the reviews on Goodreads to see what other people have said about a book. I don't really base my opinions on their thoughts, but I like to know the overall consensus of something. Especially the 22nd book in a series I have never read before and is totally outside my normal range of reading material.

Read the rest of the review here: http://antiquestar.blogspot.com/2012/...
Ginger Jane
Oct 14, 2014 Ginger Jane rated it it was ok
Two dimensional characters, and so many of them that it was almost impossible to work out who I was reading about. If this is the 22nd book in an apparently popular series, perhaps I should give the dude the benefit of the doubt and say that he's become lazy. But since I've never read any of the other books and now have no intention of doing so, I figure I'll never be able to say. Quelle surprise that it was in the library clearance bin.
Pdamon
Oct 14, 2014 Pdamon marked it as to-read
I have read and enjoyed other books in this series, but I just don't seem to have long enough blocks of time to read this successfully. The book itself has a huge cast of characters and is written in little snippets that jumps from character to character and plot to subplot. Combined with my picking it up for only a few minutes here and there and the whole thing is a chopped up mess. Just not enjoying it. Maybe I will try to read it another time.
Bob
Dec 01, 2014 Bob rated it liked it
Set in 1300s England its a mystery involving a plot to kill the king and his advisors using a necromancer to do the job. In the town of Exeter a number of bodies have been turning up and the coroner and Kings Keeper of the Peace are trying to find the killer or killers.
The setting is interesting and well described, and although I find I had a little keeping all the characters straight I enjoyed the book.
Carol
Oct 14, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing
I loved this book the plot was devious and brilliantly written so many little sub plots to fool the reader.
Read it and you will not be sorry.
Kent
Kent rated it it was amazing
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Martha Holzgrefe
Martha Holzgrefe rated it liked it
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
mrs gillian knott
mrs gillian knott rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Micki Baumert
Micki Baumert rated it it was amazing
P.J. Cadavori
P.J. Cadavori rated it it was amazing
Ralph Gaeto
Ralph Gaeto rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Raj Shah
Raj Shah rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Kylie
Kylie rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Carlos
Carlos rated it liked it
Dave Allen
Dave Allen rated it really liked it
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Lisa Segura
Lisa Segura rated it it was amazing
Ron
Ron rated it really liked it
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
ron btdtbttsawio
ron btdtbttsawio rated it really liked it
Richard Shaw
Richard Shaw rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Diane Knaus
Diane Knaus rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Jonathan David
Jonathan David rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2015
Ellen Church
Ellen Church rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Awful Secret (Crowner John Mystery #4)
  • Nightshade (Hugh Corbett, #16)
  • The Tainted Relic: An Historical Mystery (The Medieval Murderers, #1)
  • A Gift of Sanctuary (Owen Archer, #6)
  • The Prince of Darkness (Hugh Corbett, #5)
  • The Clerk's Tale (Sister Frevisse, #11)
Michael Jecks is a best-selling writer of historical novels. The son of an Actuary, and the youngest of four brothers, he worked in the computer industry before becoming a novelist full time in 1994

He is the author of the internationally popular Templar series, perhaps the longest crime series written by a living author. Unusually, the series looks again at actual events and murders committed abou
More about Michael Jecks...

Knights Templar (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • The Last Templar (Knights Templar, #1)
  • The Merchant's Partner (Knights Templar, #2)
  • A Moorland Hanging  (Knights Templar, #3)
  • The Crediton Killings (Knights Templar, #4)
  • The Abbot's Gibbet (Knights Templar, #5)
  • The Leper's Return (Knights Templar, #6)
  • Squire Throwleigh's Heir (Knights Templar, #7)
  • Belladonna at Belstone (Knights Templar, #8)
  • The Traitor of St Giles (Knights Templar, #9)
  • The Boy-Bishop's Glovemaker (Knights Templar, #10)