Deathstalker Honor (Deathstalker, #4)

Deathstalker Honor (Deathstalker #4)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,516 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Owen Deathstalker became a hero after the great rebellion against the tyranny of Lionstone XIV, and now political factions are quarreling over who will replace the deposed Empress. But Humanity faces an even greater threat?an encroaching invasion fleet of alien origin?

Mass Market Paperback, 526 pages
Published November 1st 1998 by Roc (first published June 18th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Deathstalker Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deathstalker Honor

Dune by Frank HerbertHyperion by Dan SimmonsFoundation by Isaac AsimovRevelation Space by Alastair ReynoldsChasm City by Alastair Reynolds
Space Opera
71st out of 180 books — 193 voters
Hyperion by Dan SimmonsEnder's Game by Orson Scott CardCassastar by Alex J. CavanaughDune by Frank HerbertFoundation by Isaac Asimov
Best Space Opera
238th out of 279 books — 675 voters

More lists with this book...

Becca
Wow. Well. I'm so stunned and amazed that I'm going to skip over outlining the usual, slightly annoying but generally inconsequential faults of Simon R. Green's Deathstalker Saga and get straight to the point.

This book, in all honesty, reminded me why I cannot put the series down. Perhaps because it is one of the two that I have never read, and I have probably over-read the first three, but this book was both an amazement and a refreshment to me.

If you believed that Green would have nothing to...more
Tracy Bartholome
Simon R. Green has done it again! From the ass kicking characters to the gritty battles, this was one book that I couldn't put down. A must read for fans of the space opera genre.
Ladiibbug
*Did Not Finish*

#4 Owen Deathstalker Sci Fi series

Having read books 1, 2 & 3 (each 500+ pages) and enjoying each of them very much, I did quit reading at page 176.

Simon R. Green is a favorite author. His Nightside UF series is AWESOME (approx. 200 pages) as is his Ghost series. His characters are unique -- that's the understatement of the year! His plots are fast-moving, exciting, unpredictable and rip roaring fun.

I'm not a sci fi fan, but wanted to read more of his books. After 1,500 pages...more
Christopher
well well a return to form! after the previous book which was a bit of a let down this a return to form with more battles then you can shake a stick at! my only criticism is on over use of maze powers to win in the end, however if you have read this far in the series its likely that you are not bothered by this, so i would recommend this book too you!!
Chris Marshall
Geez this took forever to get through. Between the slow beginning and the sheer length of the book, that's why I gave this 4 stars instead of 5. The ending was quite good and there were some memorable parts, but because of the slow parts, I had to knock off a star.
Fred
This is one of the best Science Fiction series' ever written. It goes beyond laser and spaceships and questions things like honor, morality, right and wrong, love, and how long you can serve evil masters in good conscience. A must read for every sci-fi fan.
[ A ]
Back to the old Deathstalker feel! I could barely put this one down, unlike the previous (Deathstalker War) which was a quite a slog. Lots of violence and some intrigue and more jumping between quite a few ass-kicking characters.
ػᶈᶏϾӗ
Actually, I do remember reading this far in the series. Except it was all such similar drivel they kind of all blend together. I want my teenage years back. I'd probably read Philip K Dick if I had it all to do over again.
Cissa
As is true of the other books in the series- it's trash. Nonetheless, I'm apparently addicted to the things, and will read the rest of the series. I know not why. :)
Tamahome
Downloading the 1st 3 hours of the Graphicaudio version.

Kinda grisly! This is actually the 4th Deathstalker book, but the first Graphicaudio one.

David
Woof woof woof....damn I've read some howlers...but this....hmmm...okay it isn't the worst but I want the afternoon it took back.... T_T
Kathy
There is so much going on in this series, I reread these books and enjoy them everytime. Amazing charaters and world.
Cera
Jan 14, 2009 Cera marked it as grazed
I appear to have hit my limit of long, long, long Simon Green space operas, at least for the moment!
Pylades
The rebellion is over. The good guys won. Now what? Certainly no peace or rest for Owen.
Jeffrey
It was okay. Far from the peak of the series but still a little fun.
ChJ Loveall
I will not read more of this space opera. I no longer care!
Roger Hyde
love this series listening to in on graphic audio
Maritza
Sep 14, 2007 Maritza rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Yes I would
If You like Sci-fi you will like this
Caroline
Fun, addictive, light reading.
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Shehreyar Khan
Shehreyar Khan marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
  • Orphan's Triumph (Jason Wander, #5)
  • March to the Stars (Empire of Man, #3)
  • The Clone Alliance (Rogue Clone, #3)
  • Interstellar Patrol
  • The Complete Hammer's Slammers Volume 1
  • Maelstrom (Arthur C. Clarke's Venus Prime, Book 2)
  • The Court of a Thousand Suns (Sten, #3)
  • Victorious (The Lost Fleet, #6)
  • Matadora (Matador, #2)
  • Death's Head (Death's Head #1)
  • Galactic Corps (Inheritance Trilogy, #2)
  • The Gates of Creation (World of Tiers, #2)
  • Fisherman's Hope (Seafort Saga, #4)
  • The Final Battle (Legion, #2)
41942
Simon Richard Green is a British science fiction and fantasy-author. He holds a degree in Modern English and American Literature from the University of Leicester. His first publication was in 1979.

His Deathstalker series is partly a parody of the usual space-opera of the 1950s, told with sovereign disregard of the rules of probability, while being at the same time extremely bloodthirsty.

Excerpted...more
More about Simon R. Green...
Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1) Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside, #2) Nightingale's Lament (Nightside, #3) Hex and the City (Nightside, #4) Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth (Nightside, #6)

“I take it you know my companion?"
Oh,yes!" said Savage, his smile disappearing. "We know all about Ruby Journey. Please don't let her kill anyone important. Or set fire to anything."
Your reputation precedes you," Random said dryly to Ruby.”
10 likes