Start by marking “Living Terrors: What America Needs to Know to Survive the Coming Bioterrorist Catastrophe” as Want to Read:

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  8 reviews
America is one killer organism away from a living nightmare that threatens all we hold dear....

A deadly cloud of powdered anthrax spores settles unnoticed over a crowded football stadium.... A school cafeteria lunch is infected with a drug-resistant strain of E. coli.... Thousands in a bustling shopping mall inhale a lethal mist of smallpox, turning each individual into a
Published October 9th 2001 by Delta (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Living Terrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Terrors

Malachi Mojica
I read this is as research for a zombie book that I'm writing, but obviously this is good stuff to know regardless and I'm shocked that there aren't more reviews. I read this in order to learn more about what would happen during a bioterrorism disaster and how the government would respond, and not surprisingly virtually every book about zombies or some sort of viral outbreak is way off base if not entirely made up. I know that by writing the book I'm working on, I'll be able to raise awareness o ...more
Celina
I picked up this book to read as research for a book I'm writing, fully expecting to be disturbed by what I found therein. After a summer of reading Richard Preston though, I discovered that this book offered little in the way of new or frightening information. The particular copy I had was published in 2000, so it felt a little outdated in light of the subsequent wars on terror of the last decade.

That said, I think it would be a perfect introduction to the world of biological threats for someon
Katie
Interesting read, but outdated, as it was written pre-9/11/01. Particularly informative of the USA's biosecurity mindset at that time.
Alan
Feb 05, 2008 Alan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: emergency managers / school administrators / public health professionals
This book was my "use case" when I worked as a readiness planner.

Remarkably, it was the smallest book on my shelf and the biggest help.

If you are concerned about bioterrorism, this is where you should start. Honest scenarios that make you stop and think about what who handles our food, where we shop, and what we really know about the people we fear.

good stuff
Steven Raszewski
Read a while ago, a bit dated.
Rick Vickers
I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat at a salad bar again and that's just one incident!
Chris
Unlike other books in this genre, this one was far too dry for my taste, and I never finished it.
Corky
Feb 20, 2009 Corky added it
How very easy this type of terroristm would be.
Marcelino Gomez
Marcelino Gomez is currently reading it
Apr 16, 2015
LION POLES, M.D.
LION POLES, M.D. marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Japhy Ryder
Japhy Ryder marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Mossy G
Mossy G marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Hank Williams
Hank Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Alyska
Alyska marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Lori J.
Lori J. marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
EMERGING INFECTIONS: Introduction to a three-article symposium (Postgraduate Medicine) Infectious Diseases in Child Day Care: Management and Prevention ADDRESSING EMERGING INFECTIONS: The partnership between public health and primary care physicians (Postgraduate Medicine)