Start by marking “Bones: Our Skeletal System” as Want to Read:
Bones: Our Skeletal System

Bones: Our Skeletal System

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Award winning author Seymour Simon continues his fantastic journey through the human body with this stunning new addition. In Bones, youngsters will discover the amazing facts about the two hundred and six bones that make up their skeletons, ranging from the smallest, most intricate bones in their feet and hands to the largest, strongest bones in their legs. Blending spect ...more
Published August 8th 2000 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bones

Saad Sekkat
Jan 12, 2015 Saad Sekkat rated it really liked it
Saad Sekkat 8(2)
Book Share
Non-Fiction

In this nonfiction I have learned a lot of information. First of all, I learned that bones are mostly made up of flat plates called lamellae. “Bones may seem lifeless, but they are actually made up of cells and are living parts of your body. Bones grow and change just as you do.” (Bones, 1) This quote explains the actual values of bones. Without your bones, your body would be nothing but a mountain of muscles and soft tissues. Same as a building, without the
Morgan
This is an informational book about the bones in the human body. When I first did a picture walk of the book I saw a lot of text and was discouraged. After reading the book I actually enjoyed reading it. This book not only tells the reader about the human body and its bones but how they work, what the bones jobs are, and even some disorders. The pictures were helpful to get a better idea of what all the information on the pages were talking about and I especially enjoyed the seek and finds hidde ...more
Nashiea Edmiston
Simon did an excellent job of bringing a non-fiction, informational text to life in such a way that I felt as though I was reading story instead of an informational book. This book does not have your typical text features such as a glossary and index but it has all the facts in a story-like form. Made for an easy read and I was able to retain quite a bit of the information presented! Would make an excellent resource during a science/anatomy unit.
Mary Dye
This was a fantastic book that helped me gain knowledge into the wonderful world that is our skeletal system. As a student that has never taken anatomy, it was really intriguing for me to read about bones in a manor that was simple enough for me to understand without having to look up definitions and what not.
Brent Rogers
Mar 29, 2015 Brent Rogers rated it did not like it
Shelves: informational
The title says it all. Bones is about the many different bones in the human body and the purpose of each. It is very detailed and informational. The pictures are not drawn, and many are taken through X-ray. This book is appropriate for children in 2nd grade and up.
Christina Camp
Nov 08, 2012 Christina Camp rated it liked it
Shelves: science, body, non-fiction
This is kind of a more advanced book for kids, but is full of information. In my classroom, I will let the more advanced readers use this book when we are doing informational reading and writing. This is a great book to get facts from and learn all about the bones in your body. The students in my second grade placement love this book.
Shellys♥ Journal
Great pictures in this book, but it was kind of vague in it's discussion of the skeleton. More diagrams to accompany the pictures would have been helpful. I'd say kids reading this would remember absolutely nothing because of how the material was presented.
Michelle Brandstetter
Excellent detailed information on the body's structural system.
Hannah
Sep 16, 2008 Hannah rated it really liked it
Learn the different bones and why they are important.
Theresa
Apr 10, 2012 Theresa rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
a great resource for teacher about the human body
Dyan
Feb 22, 2009 Dyan rated it it was amazing
Informational/Nonfiction
Nicci
Nicci rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Helen
Helen added it
Jul 05, 2016
Darla Deibler
Darla Deibler marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Laura Lubak
Laura Lubak marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Denver
Denver marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Bridgid
Bridgid marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Alayne
Alayne added it
Feb 21, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Christie Angleton
Christie Angleton rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Sivad
Sivad is currently reading it
Nov 27, 2015
Ann Su
Ann Su added it
Oct 29, 2015
Niamh
Niamh added it
Oct 10, 2015
Sophia
Sophia rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2015
Ewa
Ewa marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Aden Reed
Aden Reed marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Seymour Simon, whom the NY Times called "the dean of [children's science:] writers," is the author of more than 250 highly acclaimed science books (many of which have been named Outstanding Science Trade Books for Children by the National Science Teachers Association).

Seymour Simon uses his website, SeymourSimon.com, to provide free downloads of a wealth of materials for educators, homeschoolers
More about Seymour Simon...