Start by marking “A Mouse Told His Mother” as Want to Read:
A Mouse Told His Mother

A Mouse Told His Mother

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A little mouse's imagination makes his bedtime an exciting adventure, as he takes a fantasy trip to catch crocodiles, ride bucking broncos, and sail where the wind blows.
Published September 1st 1999 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about A Mouse Told His Mother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Mouse Told His Mother

Martiah Rall
A Mouse Told His Mother was written by Bethany Roberts and illustrated by Maryjane Begin in 1997. The illustrations are bright and realistic, which helps make the story come to life. In the book, a mouse has a wild imagination while getting ready for bed and tells his mom he is going to go on many adventures like fly to the moon. His mother is very supportive but also gears his mind towards bed.

The imagination of the mouse I think is very important and relatable for children when this book is b
Brooke Birchler
This is a really cute story and the illustrations are wonderful. This would be a good book to read to children to show them all the places their imagination could take them. This book also has a line that is repeated on every page, making it a good book for children to read along.
Deb
Cool perspective in the illustrations. Elements of story remind me of Runaway Bunny and Just Go to Bed.
Kim Foy
This is an adorable story of a mouse who tells his mom about all the adventures he wishes to go on. She reminds him to pack his towel when diving with the pirates looking for the buried treasure and to bring his toothbrush when he goes to the moon. Finally, she tells him sweet dreams before falling asleep.
Katelyn Warner
* Fiction
* Good for discussing “setting”
* Imaginative
* Simple, repeating text, good for read alouds
* “A mouse told his mother, ‘I will dive for treasure’”
* Plot recall
* “If you could go anywhere that the mouse went, where would you go?”
Meg McGregor
One of the most beautiful bedtime books I have ever read. The repetitive text and the gorgeous illustrations make this a book to be treasured night after night.
Diane
Beautifully illustrated and charming. The imagination of a child with the simplest of everyday items is magical.
Kareem Felder
this is one off the best book ever
Susan
Great for bedtime.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Julia Schmidt
Julia Schmidt marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Emma
Emma added it
Jul 11, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I've wanted to be a children's book author as far back as I can remember. When I was eight years old I wrote a story about a rabbit. I am still writing stories about rabbits- and mice, cats, children, monsters, and dragons!

When I was growing up, I was the neighborhood storyteller. I would make up stories on the spot for younger children in the neighborhood. I read a lot of books. But I was also a
More about Bethany Roberts...
Halloween Mice! Valentine Mice! Thanksgiving Mice! Double Trouble Groundhog Day Christmas Mice!