I Do, I Do, I Do

I Do, I Do, I Do

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  273 ratings  ·  28 reviews
A rich, proper spinster aching for a man's touch, Juliette March is an easy target for the seductive Jean Jacques Villette. When he disappears with her inheritance after their wedding, Juliette sets out to find the scoundrel. She never expects to meet Clara Klaus, who ran a boardinghouse until Jean Jacques swept her off her feet, then swept himself out of town.

While follow...more
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published August 31st 2011 by Ivy Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about I Do, I Do, I Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Do, I Do, I Do

Lisa Kay
4 1/2 stars! A great book!
Before the Train to the Gold Fields Pictures, Images and Photos

I can't really call this a western b/c it takes place mostly in Alaska. While not everyone's cuppa tea, I enjoyed this story of three very different women who find they are all married to the same man. It is a story of love and friendship and I found myself laughing out loud repeatedly. Man-oh-man! I was on that Chilkoot Pass with them. I read it through the night and couldn't put it down.
Jane Stewart
Three women grow, change, and fall in love, with a cute sweet happy feel good ending.

STORY BRIEF:
Jean married three different women, stayed with each one maybe a few months, borrowed some money from them, and then disappeared. The three women accidentally meet while they are following him. They dislike each other but decide to proceed together. They learn that Jean went to Alaska/Canada to search for gold in the Yukon. The women board a ship to Alaska and spend several months traveling by foot t...more
Denise
I wasn't sure I would like a book with 3 h's and 3H's. I just sounded like too much to follow and get to know the characters. Surprisingly, I LOVED it! Juliette, Clara and Zoe were awesome characters. I will admit that my favorite h was Clara. The arm wrestling scene and "taking down the house" had me laughing with tears running down my face. And Bear.. aww he was something else! Very different setting and story from the usual romance routine and that was a nice treat. Unfortunately, this was a...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Three women, Juliette, Clara and Zoe, embark on a journey to locate their husband. Yes, they are all married to the same smooth-talking con man. Along the way they each meet men that are giving them second thoughts on the subject of love. This is more than just a romance, it is three romances. This was more than just three women on a journey to shoot the three timing scoundrel. It was a journey of self discovery and growth. Of reaching one's endurance and going just a little further. A vivid loo...more
Tina
Juliette March a wealthy heiress from California, Clara Klaus a resourceful innkeeper from Oregon, and Zoe Wilder a young beauty from a poor working class mining community in Washington can't be more different from one another. And yet they all have one thing in common. They are all married to the same man.

Following the trail of the husband who disappeared from her life (with a tidy sum of her money in his pocket), Juliette finds Clara and Zoe. All three women realize their circumstance when the...more
I read this historical romance for reader's advisory project for work, and I have to say it's the only romance book I've really liked. Part of the reason may be that it reads much more like fiction than romance, and most of it is focused on revenge rather than love. Here's the plot: three women discover they are all married to and have been abandoned by the same man. They band together and travel to the Yukon during the gold rush to find their husband and kill him. During their journey they meet...more
Linda
Closer to 2.5 stars.

Let me start by saying that I usually steer clear of any romance that involves bigamy. I DO, I DO, I DO was an exception. I read it years ago and I thought I would see if it was still as good as I remembered.

Jean Jacques Villette was lower than slime. He married three needy women in less than one year's time and, on each occasion, rode away with their monies but gave each one a promise to return. Simply put, he was a con man.

Different as night is to day, Juliette was a gente...more
Anna
Three very different women marry the same man at different cities. Following his husband Juliette finds Clara, his second wife, and both of them will find Julie, her third wife. Juliette is this starch class lady, Clara this bold German woman, former owner of a boarding house, and Julie a beautiful blue-collar woman who wants to be a lady, ashamed of her mining roots, and who, like Clara, know what to do to survive. The three of them have different motivations to find their common husband: expla...more
Marilyn
A bigamist marries three separate women, takes their money and skips out on them. They pursue him all the way to the gold fields in the Yukon. The journey and how things work out are often hilarious to say nothing but a well-thought out plot by Maggie Osborne, always a winner.
Maldivianbookreviewer
4 Stars Historical Romance

This story is certainly different from the rest of the books by Ms. Osborne I have read. Featuring 3 heroes and 3 heroines, at first I was in the mind that this story would not work out with the constant juggle between the characters. But I should have trusted Ms. Osborne to use the charm she so effortlessly wields to captivate us on a journey that surely did not give me even a minute to be bored.

Full review which contains spoilers: http://bit.ly/brWDd4
~Leslie~
3.5 ★ I wasn't sure what to make of this book as I started reading it - the story of 3 women who married the same man and all decide to go looking for him in the Alaskan gold fields. But as their characters were slowly revealed and as they experienced all the difficulties of traveling to Alaska, I became totally engrossed in the story. Towards the end it got a little hokey, but other than that a delightfully different historical romance.
Elaine Mcdonald
When I started this book I didn't think I would like it. I put it aside then later decided to read the first couple of chapters. It captured my attention. It is not really a western. Three women have all married the same man and are traveling to Alaska to confront him. 4.5
Gemma
I enjoyed this book a lot. I have to say, I really got sick of the phrase "spit-baths". It's just gross! And I don't read romance to be grossed out.

That being said, not many authors could handle three romances in one novel, but this one did it well.
Charlene Raddon
The perfect romance. Three women discover they married the same man and set out to find him. In the process they find each other. Each struggles through her own difficulties and in the end discovers love.
Julie
This was a real slog for me and took me forever to get through, though it ended happily. So far I love this author but this book just took too long to get interesting! We follow the three different heroines who all have the same thing in common, they're married to the same man - a low down, scoundrel who married them and took off with their money. They decide to track him down to Alaska (during the Gold Rush) and it's a hard journey. En route, they each meet three different men (love interests)...more
Mariachiara
Titolo: MATRIMONIO PER TRE

Titolo originale: I Do, I Do, I Do (traduzione: Lo voglio, lo voglio, lo voglio)

Trama: America, Kansas e Wyoming, 1880 circa. Vuoi tu, Jean Jacques Villette, prendere la qui presente Zoe Wilder come tua legittima sposa?” Naturalmente sì. Lui è bellissimo e sembra amarla molto. Peccato che in realtà sia già sposato con Juliette March, e anche con Clara Klaus. Questo è ciò che scoprono le tre mogli, poco dopo le ultime nozze, quando l’affascinante sposo si è ormai dilegua...more
Stacey Elder
This book was SOOOOO delectably good. The main characters were all fascinating in different ways. Their personalities took the story to a different level. Thinking about reading this one again.
Meredith
This book would have been greatly improved if Osborne would have just focused on the romance between Bear and Clara, but maybe that's just me. I will say that if you have any interest in the Alaska gold rush this is a unique book--there isn't any actual panning for gold here, but it does interestingly describe how people got to the Yukon at that time. I can't remember reading anything about that before, and historically speaking, found it quite interesting.
Sonia
Trata el tema de la fiebre del oro en el Yukon y es original y divertida en su planteamiento.
Además algunos de los personajes principales no me son especialmente simpáticos lo que curiosamente me ha parecido un punto a su favor.
Lo peor es el cuarto final, en cuanto las 3 parejas están consolidadas la novela va cuesta abajo en topicazos y escenas de telefilm de sobremesa hasta el desenlace.
siriusedward
4.75
coz Ben n Juliett
still loved d story n d 3 couples..
its just dataam a bit touchy about second loves..
still it ws handled well here..oly Ben's dialogue about scandal ws stupid..idiotic..dint lyk it..otherwise it ws a gud buk..a very gud buk..
Beatriz Valle
Precioso de principio a fin; divertido, diferente... tres parejas a cual más interesante y entretenida. Qué descubrimiento! no veo el momento de leerlo everything de Osborne! con razón hacen ese vino tan rico: son unos genios!
Samantha Rose
The premise somewhat baffled me but I was more than pleasantly surprised with how entertaining I found the story as it progressed. Overall I'd recommend it for it's good humor, engaging characters and steady pacing.
Ewa
Solid 4 stars.

Story about treachery, initial hate between three women betrayed by the same man, then friendship and love forged in harsh Alaska's climate.
Susan
Excllnt premise: 3 wmn mrry same man, go to find hm in Yukon, meet 3 mn grt mn. Wlldn take on fem enemies becmg sistrs
MB
Jan 31, 2012 MB rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who like LaVyrle Spencer
Very cute. I liked the glimpse of Alaska history and the antagonistic friendship between the women.
Carole
This would have been a good book had it only been about 1 woman. I hate trying to follow 3 main heroines.
Linda
I don't have time to do the book justice right now, but I will write a review soon.
sunsetsylvia
Another winner by Maggie Osborne.
Raewyn
  • September Moon
  • Under the Desert Moon
  • Sing My Name
  • Heart of the West
  • The Texan's Dream (The McLain Series 5)
  • Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1)
  • Winter Woman
  • A Reason to Live (Forrester Brothers, #1)
aka
Margaret St. George

Maggie Osborne is the author of I Do, I Do, I Do and Silver Lining, as well as more than forty contemporary and historical romance novels written as Maggie Osborne and Margaret St. George. She has won numerous awards from Romantic Times, Affaire de Coeur, BookraK, the Colorado Romance Writers, and Coeur du Bois, among others. Osborne won the RITA for long historical from the...more
More about Maggie Osborne...
Silver Lining The Promise of Jenny Jones The Wives of Bowie Stone Foxfire Bride Brides of Prairie Gold (Dangerous Men, #2)