Start by marking “I Do, I Do, I Do” as Want to Read:
I Do, I Do, I Do

I Do, I Do, I Do

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  383 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
A rich, proper spinster aching for a man's touch, Juliette March is an easy target for the seductive Jean Jacques Villette. When he disappears with her inheritance after their wedding, Juliette sets out to find the scoundrel. She never expects to meet Clara Klaus, who ran a boardinghouse until Jean Jacques swept her off her feet, then swept himself out of town.

While follow
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published August 31st 2011 by Ivy Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about I Do, I Do, I Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Do, I Do, I Do

Lisa Kay
4 1/2 stars! A great book!
Before the Train to the Gold Fields Pictures, Images and Photos

I can't really call this a western b/c it takes place mostly in Alaska. While not everyone's cuppa tea, I enjoyed this story of three very different women who find they are all married to the same man. It is a story of love and friendship and I found myself laughing out loud repeatedly. Man-oh-man! I was on that Chilkoot Pass with them. I read it through the night and couldn't put it down.
Jane Stewart
Feb 12, 2012 Jane Stewart rated it really liked it
Three women grow, change, and fall in love, with a cute sweet happy feel good ending.

STORY BRIEF:
Jean married three different women, stayed with each one maybe a few months, borrowed some money from them, and then disappeared. The three women accidentally meet while they are following him. They dislike each other but decide to proceed together. They learn that Jean went to Alaska/Canada to search for gold in the Yukon. The women board a ship to Alaska and spend several months traveling by foot t
Denise
I wasn't sure I would like a book with 3 h's and 3H's. I just sounded like too much to follow and get to know the characters. Surprisingly, I LOVED it! Juliette, Clara and Zoe were awesome characters. I will admit that my favorite h was Clara. The arm wrestling scene and "taking down the house" had me laughing with tears running down my face. And Bear.. aww he was something else! Very different setting and story from the usual romance routine and that was a nice treat. Unfortunately, this was a ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
Three women, Juliette, Clara and Zoe, embark on a journey to locate their husband. Yes, they are all married to the same smooth-talking con man. Along the way they each meet men that are giving them second thoughts on the subject of love. This is more than just a romance, it is three romances. This was more than just three women on a journey to shoot the three timing scoundrel. It was a journey of self discovery and growth. Of reaching one's endurance and going just a little further. A vivid loo ...more
Robin
Aug 15, 2015 Robin rated it really liked it
Spinster Juliette March was warned by her aunt not to marry Jean Jacques Villette. Now he has taken off with her inheritance and she is hot on his trail. But what she finds is Mrs. Villette number two, Clara Klaus, a woman who ran a boardinghouse until her husband talked her into selling it and giving him the money. Juliette and Clara hate each other on sight, but grudgingly team together to travel to Seattle to find their no-good husband. But on arriving in Seattle, they find Zoe Wilder, Jean J ...more
Cloud
Feb 02, 2016 Cloud rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes western style romance, friendships between women and a laugh
I think I have a thing about endings lol. I'm a bit miffed at the cheesy 'I do' ending.

The story starts off with 3 women discovering they are married to the same man Jean Jacques Villete, who has run off with a sizable portion of money from each.
Staid ladylike Juliette, heiress full of proprietary would like to ask him WHY, resourceful German innkeeper Clara, wants her money back and beautiful coalminers daughter Zoe, shaking off her working class roots, just wants to shoot him.
Though at firs
Anna
Three very different women marry the same man at different cities. Following his husband Juliette finds Clara, his second wife, and both of them will find Julie, her third wife. Juliette is this starch class lady, Clara this bold German woman, former owner of a boarding house, and Julie a beautiful blue-collar woman who wants to be a lady, ashamed of her mining roots, and who, like Clara, know what to do to survive. The three of them have different motivations to find their common husband: expla ...more
Tina
Apr 24, 2011 Tina rated it really liked it
Juliette March a wealthy heiress from California, Clara Klaus a resourceful innkeeper from Oregon, and Zoe Wilder a young beauty from a poor working class mining community in Washington can't be more different from one another. And yet they all have one thing in common. They are all married to the same man.

Following the trail of the husband who disappeared from her life (with a tidy sum of her money in his pocket), Juliette finds Clara and Zoe. All three women realize their circumstance when the
Sep 29, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
I read this historical romance for reader's advisory project for work, and I have to say it's the only romance book I've really liked. Part of the reason may be that it reads much more like fiction than romance, and most of it is focused on revenge rather than love. Here's the plot: three women discover they are all married to and have been abandoned by the same man. They band together and travel to the Yukon during the gold rush to find their husband and kill him. During their journey they meet ...more
Charlene Raddon
Feb 16, 2008 Charlene Raddon rated it it was amazing
The perfect romance. Three women discover they married the same man and set out to find him. In the process they find each other. Each struggles through her own difficulties and in the end discovers love.
Linda
Closer to 2.5 stars.

Let me start by saying that I usually steer clear of any romance that involves bigamy. I DO, I DO, I DO was an exception. I read it years ago and I thought I would see if it was still as good as I remembered.

Jean Jacques Villette was lower than slime. He married three needy women in less than one year's time and, on each occasion, rode away with their monies but gave each one a promise to return. Simply put, he was a con man.

Different as night is to day, Juliette was a gente
Marilyn
Feb 17, 2014 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
A bigamist marries three separate women, takes their money and skips out on them. They pursue him all the way to the gold fields in the Yukon. The journey and how things work out are often hilarious to say nothing but a well-thought out plot by Maggie Osborne, always a winner.
Zel Polev
Aug 28, 2015 Zel Polev rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Another great book by Maggie Osborne.

Three very different women are thrown together on an arduous journey to find the man who wronged them. Since they were all in love with the same man, they are natural enemies, but time together and relying on each other changes how they view each other, themselves, and the man who caused their misery. And they discover deeper love along the way. But is it too late considering their circumstances?

This is the second book of Maggie Osborne's that I've read and
Maldivianbookreviewer
4 Stars Historical Romance

This story is certainly different from the rest of the books by Ms. Osborne I have read. Featuring 3 heroes and 3 heroines, at first I was in the mind that this story would not work out with the constant juggle between the characters. But I should have trusted Ms. Osborne to use the charm she so effortlessly wields to captivate us on a journey that surely did not give me even a minute to be bored.

Full review which contains spoilers: http://bit.ly/brWDd4
~Leslie~
Apr 23, 2014 ~Leslie~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book-nook
3.5 I wasn't sure what to make of this book as I started reading it - the story of 3 women who married the same man and all decide to go looking for him in the Alaskan gold fields. But as their characters were slowly revealed and as they experienced all the difficulties of traveling to Alaska, I became totally engrossed in the story. Towards the end it got a little hokey, but other than that a delightfully different historical romance. ...more
Margaret
Jan 04, 2015 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

While following the trail of their no-good husband, Clara and Juliette run into Zoe Wilder, another victim of the debonair Jean Jacque

Elaine Mcdonald
Nov 06, 2013 Elaine Mcdonald rated it really liked it
When I started this book I didn't think I would like it. I put it aside then later decided to read the first couple of chapters. It captured my attention. It is not really a western. Three women have all married the same man and are traveling to Alaska to confront him. 4.5
Gemma
Jan 11, 2011 Gemma rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. I have to say, I really got sick of the phrase "spit-baths". It's just gross! And I don't read romance to be grossed out.

That being said, not many authors could handle three romances in one novel, but this one did it well.
Kathy
Oct 06, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it
I Do, I Do, I Do is a story of three women, three very different women, and how they move from mortal enemies to best friends.

Juliette March - gently bred, quiet, slender, very proper, at times prissy, as well as a very rich heiress in California who has allowed herself to drift through life at the whim and direction of others, especially Aunt Kibble.

Clara Klaus - earthy, quick to laugh, robust, apple-cheeked, practical in all things, an arm-wrestling Amazon extraordinaire, and a former owner o
Julie
Jun 29, 2014 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: western
This was a real slog for me and took me forever to get through, though it ended happily. So far I love this author but this book just took too long to get interesting! We follow the three different heroines who all have the same thing in common, they're married to the same man - a low down, scoundrel who married them and took off with their money. They decide to track him down to Alaska (during the Gold Rush) and it's a hard journey. En route, they each meet three different men (love interests) ...more
Mariachiara
Apr 30, 2013 Mariachiara rated it really liked it
Titolo: MATRIMONIO PER TRE

Titolo originale: I Do, I Do, I Do (traduzione: Lo voglio, lo voglio, lo voglio)

Trama: America, Kansas e Wyoming, 1880 circa. Vuoi tu, Jean Jacques Villette, prendere la qui presente Zoe Wilder come tua legittima sposa?” Naturalmente sì. Lui è bellissimo e sembra amarla molto. Peccato che in realtà sia già sposato con Juliette March, e anche con Clara Klaus. Questo è ciò che scoprono le tre mogli, poco dopo le ultime nozze, quando l’affascinante sposo si è ormai dilegua
Zazzu
May 04, 2015 Zazzu rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Decently good romance novel. A few farfetched moments, but I didn't want to beat anybody to death (it's been a theme for me lately...) and overall lighthearted fun.

Good historical background too. Lots of good detail and realistic feel! I'm going to Alaska in a month, so I felt like "pre-enjoying" the trip!
Isolde Marie
The book is comedic in terms with the other books maggie osborne wrote. It wasn't heavy loaded tearjerker and heart-aching drama like silver lining and foxbride should be, it was well balance and amusing till the end.
Marianne
I liked the multiple couples and the journey of self discovery each woman was on, but I missed the male characters' points of view. I also would have liked epilogues.
Tina
Jan 02, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it
What do you do when you are the grieving widow & you find out your "husband" was married to two other women at the same time??? Enjoyable book.
Catsalive
Jun 25, 2015 Catsalive rated it did not like it
1.5 s - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/4...
Hmm! Didn't enjoy this one much. Had to skim through. Too silly & the wrong period for me.
Charlie
Sep 07, 2015 Charlie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top
This was a great, lighthearted book with no deep philosophical meaning - perfect for a Christmas holiday read.

The story is based around three women who marry the same man and go off to find him. There were quite a few logical inconsistencies like why they would initially hate each other so much but that can be excused as a "matter of the heart".

I found it strange at first to be reading three intertwined stories but the writing was great and once I really got into it it was great to see the three
Dani
Jun 04, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-book
Loved this book!! It was great to step out of the usual historical haunts ...
Julie
Oct 17, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
really really enjoyed this and so funny
  • Courting Miss Hattie
  • Without Words
  • Parting Gifts
  • Under the Desert Moon
  • A Reason to Live (Forrester Brothers, #1)
  • His Secondhand Wife
  • Conor's Way
  • The Bridal Veil
  • Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1)
  • The Texan's Dream (McLain, #5)
  • Cherish
  • Redemption
aka
Margaret St. George

Maggie Osborne is the author of I Do, I Do, I Do and Silver Lining, as well as more than forty contemporary and historical romance novels written as Maggie Osborne and Margaret St. George. She has won numerous awards from Romantic Times, Affaire de Coeur, BookraK, the Colorado Romance Writers, and Coeur du Bois, among others. Osborne won the RITA for long historical from the
More about Maggie Osborne...