Start by marking “Spirit Seeker” as Want to Read:
Spirit Seeker

Spirit Seeker

For fans of Gillian Flynn, Caroline Cooney, and R.L. Stine comes Spirit Seeker from four-time Edgar Allen Poe Young Adult Mystery Award winner Joan Lowery Nixon.

Holly Campbell’s life has suddenly become a newspaper-headline nightmare. The parents of her friend Cody Garnett have just been found in their home, brutally murdered, and Cody is the main suspect. Holly’s fat
Published April 7th 1997 by Laurel Leaf (first published March 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Spirit Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit Seeker

Audrey
May 31, 2015 Audrey rated it really liked it
This book was very interesting. At first this book seemed like it was realistic fiction, but then it took a turn and started becoming more of a sic-fi book. I didn't like that it changed in the middle to a more magical book, but it was still good. I think this book is good to read, but I would only recommend it to people who want to read a easy, but interesting book. The characters didn't seem to have much depth, they kind of seemed a little boring at times. The book is about a young girl who's ...more
Natalie
May 30, 2015 Natalie rated it liked it
Shelves: teen
Holly's life is full of small stresses. The strain on her parents' marriage, school, friends, and just being a teenager. Then Holly's father - a police detective - comes home to tell Holly her boyfriend is a suspect in his parents' murder.

Holly must race the clock in order to prove Cody's innocence; even though all evidence points to him.

Some paranormal aspects. Holly is a sympathetic character, and the reader is left questioning Cody's guilt right to the end.
Alejandra Gomez
Holly Campbell's best friend Cody's parents had been murdered. The prime suspect is Cody. He told her to help him prove his innocent. She will help him but everyone thinks that he's the murderer. When there's no hope and Cody can't take it anymore, he planned to run away. He was innocent. His uncle Frank was the murderer. He was put in jail.
Jewell Moreno
Apr 23, 2015 Jewell Moreno rated it really liked it
Young boys parents are killed, and he quickly becomes the prime suspect. His girlfriend tries to prove his innocence. Very light mystery, but still fun. Prime insight into the family dynamic when husband is a detective. Good teen read.
Valerie Jones
Jan 06, 2011 Valerie Jones rated it really liked it
Holly’s father is investigating the murder of her boyfriend’s parents. Her father believes that her boyfriend killed his parents. Holly feels that he didn’t do it. The story covers Holly’s own journey to prove that he didn’t do it. But more than that, it also cover’s another journey that Holly never believed she would experience. The text dives into the realm of psychic phenomena. Holly is suspected to have clairvoyant powers. These powers are supposedly signified by the ring around her pupil an ...more
Abbye Huelsman
Jan 16, 2015 Abbye Huelsman rated it really liked it
I read this book about two years ago and still remember it. This book is very good and detailed. I really glad that I read this book for school. I would recommend this book to anybody.
Lisa
Jun 04, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, teens, ala
If you like Joan Lowry Nixon, you'll like this one! The pace is fast and the characters interesting. Although it begins with a murder, there's no gore, and the scary scenes aren't terrifying (think Nancy Drew). The main characters, Holly and Cody, are long-time friends who have recently started dating, but romance isn't the focus of the story, and there's only one kiss. Recommended for middle grade readers (grades 4-7, give or take) who like mysteries or thrillers.
Katie
Sep 23, 2010 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I am now done with this bokk. I just finished today. I love this book because it was a murder and a mystery.I'll tell u this a girl named Holly has to help solve a murder but her dad doesn't want her to.Her dad is a detective that is working on the crime also.The people that we're murdered there son is be agused of comiting the crime. I dont want to tell u everything you will have to read the book and find out for yourself.
Jenna
Holly is determined to prove her best friend, Cody's, innocence when he is accused of murdering his parents. Holly's dad is the one in charge of the case; he is sure Cody is guitly. Holly meets up with one of Cody's neighbors, who claims to be a psychic. Will Holly be able to unravel the lies and deception in time to discover the murderer?

Students who enjoy mysteries and thrillers will want to read this book.
Jo
Apr 25, 2009 Jo added it
I read this book back in Middle School, and I've been trying to find it for literally months. I couldn't remember the title, or the author. All I remembered was that it was amazing and that the cover had yellow police tape. Lame, I know, but hey. I've managed to find it, and I can't wait to read it again.

Not sure if this really constitutes as a review, but it'll do, I suppose.
Sarah Tilatitsky
Feb 15, 2011 Sarah Tilatitsky rated it really liked it
Joan Lowery Nixon's books are sooooo good that I just have to read them over and over and over again. I really want to read more! Anyway, people will enjoy this book so much becuase there is no difference between two social status and love always has a role in this. I hope that people will enjoy this. Her books are the greatest (to me) and has so much passion in it. Enjoy! ...more
Alice Fleury
Mar 23, 2012 Alice Fleury rated it it was ok
I forced myself to finish this book. It's predictable and I guessed the real killer very early in the manuscript.

It felt like something written in the 60's, but a computer and other more recent items were in the story.

My recommendation for this book would be for grade schoolers. It's far to juvenile for YA.
Sara Belleperche
Nov 17, 2007 Sara Belleperche rated it liked it
This gril name Holly Campbell. SHe suddenly finds out that her boyfriends paretns are dead and her boyfriend is missing. She goes looking for him but she can not find him. They do not know who killed him parents but then come to find out that he killed his own parents. He didn't even know why he killed his parents.
Cassandra
Jun 01, 2015 Cassandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book so many times. I knew who the killer was, but I still got excited when I read the book. my heart rate skyrocketed. it's one of those books that it doesn't matter how many times you read it it still feels like the first time you read it.
Marianna
An okay read; predictable but quick. The ending was kinda weak. And the stupid adults theme was present. Holly was acting the parent to her own parents, can't say she is much of an example to them (haha).
Izzie
Jan 14, 2013 Izzie rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my favorites. I love the mystery and small bit of romance involved. Though I solved the crime before the end...I was never bored! The was all ways something new!
Teea
Mar 20, 2009 Teea rated it liked it
A quick Y/A mystery. Repetitive and predictable but, not uninteresting. It kept my attention as I sat whittling away at data entry.
Kelsey
Mar 20, 2008 Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 10-13
This was a really great book!It (Litteraly) had me jumping out of my seat (In study hall :) ) It was so great!
Kayla D
May 08, 2008 Kayla D rated it liked it
A book that is easy to imagine yourself in the main characters place. Enthralling plot that keeps you wanting more!
Brittany
Jun 15, 2011 Brittany rated it liked it
Like the other books I've read by Joan Lowery Nixon, the suspense is great, you can't put them down!
Jessie
Nov 16, 2012 Jessie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: usa
My favourite Joan Lowery Nixon!
Lyn
Nov 11, 2010 Lyn rated it really liked it
Good story.
BTS_Anime_Tfboys
BTS_Anime_Tfboys marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Samantha Cherrone
Samantha Cherrone marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Lulu A
Lulu A added it
Sep 17, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
James Bonds II
James Bonds II marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
  • The Death By Bikini Mysteries (Death By Mysteries, #1-3)
  • PaperQuake: A Puzzle
  • The Twisted Window
  • Amen, L.A.
  • Virus (Med Center, #1)
  • Beyond the Western Sea
  • Long May She Reign (The President's Daughter, #4)
  • Who Is Frances Rain?
  • The Mummy
  • Contents Under Pressure
  • The Other Side of Blue
  • No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, #3)
  • Three Quarters Dead
Author of more than one hundred books, Joan Lowery Nixon is the only writer to have won four Edgar Allan Poe Awards for Juvenile Mysteries (and been nominated several other times) from the Mystery Writers of America. Creating contemporary teenage characters who have both a personal problem and a mystery to solve, Nixon captured the attention of legions of teenage readers since the publication of h ...more
More about Joan Lowery Nixon...