Start by marking “Return to Atlantis (Choose Your Own Adventure, #78)” as Want to Read:
Return to Atlantis (Choose Your Own Adventure, #78)

Return to Atlantis (Choose Your Own Adventure #78)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  317 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
CAN YOU FIND THE LOST KINGDOM OF ATLANTIS AGAIN? OR IS IT A WORLD YOU NO LONGER RECOGNIZE? On your first solo journey to find the Lost Continent of Atlantis, you failed to bring back proof of your success. Many people think that you imagined the whole thing?or worse. Now you and your colleague Horton James III are returning to document this amazing other world. But back be ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Chooseco (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Atlantis

Epic Unearthed by Thomas D. TurnerThe Lost Code by Kevin EmersonThe Accidental Vampire by Lynsay SandsIncarnation by Laura Davis HaysThe Chaos Code by Justin Richards
The Atlanteans
27th out of 31 books — 13 voters
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'EngleThe Secret of the Flying Saucer by Laurie S. SuttonThe Haunted House by R.A. MontgomeryPlants vs. Zombies by Tracey WestSphynx by Thomas C. Gallo
You Choose
54th out of 72 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Alyssa
Apr 06, 2014 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books
Choose Your Own Adventure: Return To Atlantis by, R.A Montgomery was an amazing book. I love the Choose Your Own Adventure books because the author lets you choose how the book ends. This book is one of the many great Choose Your Own Adventure books. Something that I also like about the Choose Your Own Adventure books is that in most of them the main character is you. In this book the author did a great job of describing what the seen was and what the character looked like and what the stuff aro ...more
Holden Attradies
The story in this one was so so. Like most of R.A. Montgomery's books the techno-babel and heavy handed moral messages kind of drove me nuts as an adult, but my kid was into it.

What dropped this from a three to a two star rating for us was how bad the story/page lay out was. I've read a good mix of older and newer editions and never noticed one this bad but MAYBE it's just because of how old it. But the first choice isn't actually till seven pages in (the longest I've seen). That alone wouldn't
Yusef
Feb 20, 2016 Yusef rated it liked it
In the choose your adventure book: Return to Atlantis, the narrator and his friend go down to atlantis for a second time to see how things have changed, but when they finally reach atlantis, they find out there has been an attack and that they (you) must make the biggest choice: stay, go back home, or go to another planet where it is safe. Once you make this choice, you will keep on making more until you die or until you finish safely, so in this book, you decide your own fate.
Mark Austin
May 14, 2016 Mark Austin rated it liked it
- Most books with this rating I never finish and so don't make this list. This one I probably started speed-reading to get it over with.
- Average. Wasn't terrible, but not a lot to recommend it. Probably skimmed parts of it.
- Decent. A few good ideas, well-written passages, interesting characters, or the like.
- Good. This one had parts that inspired me, impressed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think - it got positive reactions and most of the rest of it was pretty decent too.
- Amazing.
Brad Cramer
Jan 19, 2016 Brad Cramer rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
This is another book that I read as part of our library's book nerd challenge. I used to read these as a kid and loved them. It wasn't quite as fun this time around, but it brought back fun memories.
Arthuro
Mar 29, 2015 Arthuro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good

You should put like more interesting beginings tbfh and yeah you should put more choices for the next ones or sequals

Julie
May 05, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Julie by: my mom
Just gave this to MEM last night to read. We read up to the first decision together, so she could understand the concept. She couldn't wait to tell me how her first pass through ended last night and then gave me the play-by-play this morning. She is also thinking about all the people she knows who would like this book. I bought a lot of them through eBay last year...my plan is to give her a new book every few days this summer.
Rebecca
Feb 13, 2016 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
This book was different but very funny. I really liked it.
Mark
Apr 06, 2009 Mark rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, ya
When I was young, I used to ready every Choose Your Own Adventure or Which Way Book that I could get my hands on. After following the initial course of my decisions, I would go back and read every possible path of decisions. I loved these books.
Sebastian
May 13, 2008 Sebastian rated it it was amazing
I read what seemed like dozens of these books, though to be honest I can't remember which ones specifically. They were awesome. I hope they still publish them today.
Rebecca
Apr 16, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: soren-s-reads
Another choose your own adventure book, and again Soren went through every possible outcome. He did say this one was not as exciting as the snowman one.
Marts  (Thinker)
Dec 11, 2007 Marts (Thinker) rated it it was amazing
If you ever thought about being in Atlantis here is the place, and you have many different ways to experience the adventure!
Memomi
Apr 04, 2012 Memomi rated it it was amazing
A thrilling tale of adventure and you get to choose the course of events what more could a 10 year old want!
Diah Didi
Oct 22, 2008 Diah Didi rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood
wow ... buku jaman dulu kala ... masih adakah diluaran sana?
Dana Cowden
Aug 29, 2012 Dana Cowden rated it really liked it
Used to love these as a kid
Morgan
Mar 13, 2014 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was pretty good
Jocelynn
Jocelynn marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Cassi Seiler
Cassi Seiler marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Virginia Hernandez
Virginia Hernandez rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Elton Lim
Elton Lim rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Bobbie M.
Bobbie M. rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Amanda
Amanda added it
May 13, 2016
Pamela Holloway
Pamela Holloway marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Luke Ryan Johnson
Luke Ryan Johnson rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Michael Duggan
Michael Duggan rated it it was ok
May 08, 2016
  • Inca Gold (Choose Your Own Adventure, #85)
  • Secret of the Ninja (Choose Your Own Adventure, #66)
  • Hyperspace (Choose Your Own Adventure, #21)
  • Space Patrol (Choose Your Own Adventure, #22)
  • Search for Dinosaurs (Time Machine, #2)
  • By Balloon to the Sahara (Choose Your Own Adventure, #3)
  • Mountain Of Mirrors (Endless Quest, #2)
  • Secret of the Pyramids (Choose Your Own Adventure, #19)
  • The Chasm Of Doom (Lone Wolf, #4)
  • Vampire Express (Choose Your Own Adventure, #31)
  • The Magic of the Unicorn (Choose Your Own Adventure, #51)
Raymond A. Montgomery (born 1936 in Connecticut) is an author and progenitor of the Choose Your Own Adventure interactive children's book series. Montgomery graduated from Williams College and went to graduate school at Yale University and New York University (NYU). Montgomery has devoted his life to teaching and education.
More about R.A. Montgomery...

Choose Your Own Adventure (1 - 10 of 185 books)
  • The Cave of Time (Choose Your Own Adventure, #1)
  • Journey Under the Sea (Choose Your Own Adventure, #2)
  • By Balloon to the Sahara (Choose Your Own Adventure, #3)
  • Space and Beyond (Choose Your Own Adventure, #4)
  • The Mystery Of Chimney Rock (Choose Your Own Adventure, #5)
  • Your Code Name Is Jonah (Choose Your Own Adventure #6)
  • The Third Planet from Altair (Choose Your Own Adventure, #7)
  • Deadwood City (Choose Your Own Adventure, #8)
  • Who Killed Harlowe Thrombey? (Choose Your Own Adventure, #9)
  • The Lost Jewels of Nabooti (Choose Your Own Adventure, #10)