Start by marking “The Fox and the Hound [24 Page Read-Along Book and Record]” as Want to Read:
The Fox and the Hound [24 Page Read-Along Book and Record]

The Fox and the Hound [24 Page Read-Along Book and Record]

"Now a fox cub and a puppy are not supposed to be friends. Especially when the puppy is destined to grow up into a hunting dog . . .

The Fox and the Hound is written by American novelist Daniel P. Mannix and illustrated by John Schoenherr. It follows the lives of Tod, a red fox raised by a human for the first year of his life, and Copper, a half-bloodhound dog owned by a lo
Published August 10th 1981 by Disneyland Records (first published 1981)

Be the first to ask a question about The Fox and the Hound [24 Page Read-Along Book and Record]

Apribbernow
Nov 01, 2013 Apribbernow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Fox and the Hound” by Walt Disney Company is about a friendship between a lost fox who is found by an old lady who lives in the middle of the woods near on older gentlemen who is constantly hunting, trapping, and fishing and his newly begotten hunting hound. The fox and the hound are constantly running around together causing trouble and having a blast. The friendship is put through many tests such as time, intervention by the owner of the hound, and differences in culture (hound is generally u ...more
Sally
Another wonderful book-of-the-film. Gorgeously illustrated hardcover. Always makes me cry.
Brenda
Sep 30, 2016 Brenda rated it it was amazing
The main characters are a fox, named Tod and a Hound, named Copper, a hunting dog. Although it's strange for a hunting dog to become best friends with a fox, these two create that strong bond between them.
They both have an owner and the fox and the hound's owners don't get along that well, they get into trouble and as time passes, they get older and distance themselves from each other.
There once was a small and abandoned fox left behind a wooden fence, where a sweet and lonely widow named Twe
Karin
Jul 24, 2011 Karin rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
We had a bunch of these when I was little. Red cassette tapes with thin books to read along. I can still hear the music and instructions of "you will know it is time to turn the page when you hear the chimes ring, like this...". I'm pretty sure they just used snippets from the movies to create the books, but they were great for learning how to read.
I remember that the Fox and the Hound wasn't my favourite, but that I would still pull it out when going through all of them.
Lori
Oct 30, 2012 Lori added it
this was a favorite book of mine as a child. I must have worn the poor thing as much as I can remember reading it. The copy we had also had an audio tape with it which we loved.

It's about a fox and a hound who become friends. Very cute story.
It's a great book to read along with your kids and also teaches them a lesson about friendship.
Noah
Feb 07, 2010 Noah rated it liked it
Shelves: folk-tales
Run run the little fox was doing. Running away from an angry guard dog chasing her away from the farm.

This book was ok but i didnt really like. I think thats because i dont like farry tailes that much.

I would reccomend this book to people who like fairy tales.
Kara
Despite circumstances, the fox and the hound develop a friendship that survives their differences. When they get lost in the woods one day, they learn that a true friend always stays by your side.
Mjlibrary NDSCS
A student favorite from Library Week 2012
Sharon
These Disney books are really too long for bedtime reading. A lot of the hunting scenes are glossed over when we read it.
Ashleigh
Ashleigh rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2012
Pricilla Mesquita
Pricilla Mesquita rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2016
James
James rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2012
Keith Farrell
Keith Farrell rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Jennifer Crenshaw
Jennifer Crenshaw rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Christina Atwood
Christina Atwood rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
drowningmermaid
drowningmermaid rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Chri Dm
Chri Dm rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2016
Alistair Hunter
Alistair Hunter rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2012
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2008
Daniel Smallman
Daniel Smallman rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2011
Debbie Hewlett
Debbie Hewlett rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2017
Samantha Barnett
Samantha Barnett rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Danika Santee
Danika Santee rated it did not like it
May 14, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
May 23, 2015
April Watson
April Watson rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Mary Ridgeway
Mary Ridgeway rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
  • Mickey Mouse's Picnic
  • James and the Giant Peach
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Toy Story 2: A read-aloud storybook
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • Pocahontas (Disney)
  • What Is a Princess? (Disney Princess)
  • Disney's Storybook Collection
  • Walt Disney's Peter Pan
  • Waddles
  • Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan)
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Look for the Lorax
  • Disney's Lady and the Tramp: Classic Storybook
  • The Nutcracker
  • Five Green and Speckled Frogs (Sing and Read Storybook)
  • Clifford's Spring Clean-Up
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias “Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...